50.png

Height: 184cm
Squad Number: #46
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Foot: Right
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Date of last contract extension: Mar 16, 2021
Outfitter: Adidas​

Will be like a new signing. Could possibly actually be the case.

Does he really deserve the hype he's received as a teen? I've never been impressed by his pre-season performances and he's stuck out like a sore thumb in the 1st 15mins of the Rosenborg game. Reminds me of Chong.

Does he really deserve the hype he's received as a teen? I've never been impressed by his pre-season performances and he's stuck out like a sore thumb in the 1st 15mins of the Rosenborg game. Reminds me of Chong.
He was a very good talent but has stalled after his Birmingham loan. I think the intention from the club was to sell him but didn't bank on him going to Sevilla then immediately alienating himself.

I get the same impression. Honestly I think he's overrated because he looks sillky smooth on the ball sometimes, but I never saw it in him and always thought the club wants to get rid. Surprised he's still here.

He was very good at linking up with others in fluid attacks. I don't think he's a very good fit for our current team, if you had stuck him in ETHs Ajax team he'd have looked great. However so did Van De Beek.

I'd quite like to see him on the pitch with Mainoo, Amad, Zirkzee as they might all link up really well.

His value is low so I'd use him for the squad this season and then see how he goes.

No point in being here if he's not going to play, last survivor of the promising youth cohort from around 2018 alongside Chong, Greenwood, Gomes, Garner. Sadly none of them are going to have a career here. Best to just cut our loses, take what we can and let him rebuild his carer at a lower level.

Hannibal was different class in youth football and we've seen glimpses in men's football but nothing near what he used to do. I missed most of the first half of yesterday's game but I do still hold high hopes for him

When I saw the line-up I thought he'd be playing in midfield and was hopeful that he might have a stand-out performance, but as soon as the match started and I realised he was playing as a #10 that hope ended. I think it's fairly clear he's not good enough for us in that position. Basically the only time we've played him in a deeper position was the pre-season match last season where he was easily the best player on the pitch and completely controlled the team around (albeit it was a team of the kids), but unfortunately we just haven't seen him there again since. He still might not be good enough there, but I'd like to see him get the chance.

When I saw the line-up I thought he'd be playing in midfield and was hopeful that he might have a stand-out performance, but as soon as the match started and I realised he was playing as a #10 that hope ended. I think it's fairly clear he's not good enough for us in that position. Basically the only time we've played him in a deeper position was the pre-season match last season where he was easily the best player on the pitch and completely controlled the team around (albeit it was a team of the kids), but unfortunately we just haven't seen him there again since. He still might not be good enough there, but I'd like to see him get the chance.
Yeah, weird having Mount deeper where he's better further forward and Hannibal is better deeper

Yep. I agree.

ETH clearly doesn't trust him as a CM, and when he gets a rare game he's shoved higher up the pitch rotating between a #10 and the #9. Which doesn't get the best out of him at all.

He's never been given a proper chance in the first team to prove himself either way in his main position. As you say, the one time he got to play that role, in the Wrexham friendly, he showed the class he always did at U18 and U21 level. But whenever he's selected with the main team, he's shoved further forward out of position and doesn't get to have the ball at his feet in the middle of the pitch enough to demonstrate the technique and vision that he does definitely possess.

He's clearly not going to get that chance here and needs to move elsewhere. But I really hope he gets a good move to a club that will pick him in his main position and give him a genuine chance to impress and kick on. There really is a good talent in there (raw, but with good potential) - though, admittedly, it's not been shown in the fleeting, out of position, moments he's been given in our first team.

I think he could have been a good 8 for us, but we mismanaged the crucial years of his development. The loan to Birmingham gave him experience, but not the type he needed to really bring his game on. I imagine he might be best moving back to French football and building back from there. Nice would have been ideal for him, but I don’t think that’s possible.

Sending players out on endless loans rarely ever pans out for us.

Will be like a new signing. Could possibly actually be the case.
Will be more like a new loaning out, in all likelihood.

A shame. Seeing him in the youth set up, he really looked like having first touch, passing, vision and confidence. In his first few outings in the first team, he looked like he had the aggression and application to boot. I get that he could have had a better loan than Birmingham, but still, what’s happened with his development since his 18th birthday makes little sense to me. He looks like a meek, desperate, linited entitled kid these last years.

Just too ill-disciplined to be top level. Too much of a liability. The talent is there but it won’t be at any Europa League level club.

He doesnt look like he is goingto progress into anything like the early hype suggested....butif he is in thelast year of his contract....personally Iwould ratherkeep him than loan him.

No way we should signAmrabat, Casemiro and Eriksen we should sell for whatever we can get to ridusof wages, personally McTominay offers little to the squad to justify not taking reported fees for....that four less playerstha last season in what was a woeful midfield.

It leavesuswith just Fernandes, Mount, Mainoo and a few goody oungsters, where probably Collyer is the only one ready to step up for minutes currently andwe arent signing three midfielders.

Istill think he holds value as a squad player this season,even ifleaving for nothing in a year

Isn't he in the last year of his contract?

Annoying that we couldn't con anyone into a fee for him.
He is. We took up the option earlier this year.

A loan therefore makes no sense. I imagine we’re aiming to find a similar deal to that which we got for Kambwala with add-ons, sell-on fee etc.

Shame it is not working out as he is filling out and starting to look like a physical presence now.

When he does get chances , he never firmly grabs them. The effort is always there but the composure at times can be really lacking.

Its like he plays like a complete novice who's forever trying too hard to impress.

Shame it is not working out as he is filling out and starting to look like a physical presence now.

I think with Hannibal its less the physicality and more the technical side. In the reserves he looked very good technically but as he's stepped up to the men's game I think his technical ability just hasn't translated. I think he'll be a decent player, potentially a premier league mid table type player in his prime but I don't think he's the wonderkid we all thought. Which isn't a bad thing, just another example of how once they enter the men's game and things are quicker, more physical, more tactical then we see what a player's true technical ability is and I just don't think he's anything special technically, not that he's bad just that he's average technically. For example, I think Andreas was more gifted in our U18s/reserves than Hannibal.

Just can't trust a player always walking the tightrope of a red card. Most of the chances he has gotten he has sabotaged himself by being too rash and having to come off at HT because he can't tackle and get stuck in after being booking within 5 minutes.

Gives me Guendouzi vibes at Arsenal, and not for the physical likeness, but moreso that his mentality is too much an impediment to having a career here.

Will be more like a new loaning out, in all likelihood.

A shame. Seeing him in the youth set up, he really looked like having first touch, passing, vision and confidence. In his first few outings in the first team, he looked like he had the aggression and application to boot. I get that he could have had a better loan than Birmingham, but still, what’s happened with his development since his 18th birthday makes little sense to me. He looks like a meek, desperate, linited entitled kid these last years.

Agreeing on the fact that it’s such a shame he’s not become a “matured player”. Hannibal at the U18 level was really good, magnificent at times. Another case of what might have been if all the stars had aligned.

Scored a good goal but averaged our 2nd least passes per 90 mins in the time he was given, behind Hojlund with the least. Hannibal had 25.6. Granted he played an unfamilliar right side of a diamond while we had injury problems but needs to get on the ball and move it around more than that.

Now he did average 42.8 at Sevilla, but there he played even less than here so even less of a sample.

I 100% believe he just needs time on the pitch to get used to playing in the premier league. I dont think he'll do worse than Amrabat has done when hes played, or McTominay's performances from starting. Another along with Gore that I'd be more than happy to see play a bunch of games instead of those senior first teamers

I think with Hannibal its less the physicality and more the technical side. In the reserves he looked very good technically but as he's stepped up to the men's game I think his technical ability just hasn't translated. I think he'll be a decent player, potentially a premier league mid table type player in his prime but I don't think he's the wonderkid we all thought. Which isn't a bad thing, just another example of how once they enter the men's game and things are quicker, more physical, more tactical then we see what a player's true technical ability is and I just don't think he's anything special technically, not that he's bad just that he's average technically. For example, I think Andreas was more gifted in our U18s/reserves than Hannibal.
Cribbin, Goss and Cole probably were as well and they are nowhere to be seen.

Scored a good goal but averaged our 2nd least passes per 90 mins in the time he was given, behind Hojlund with the least. Hannibal had 25.6. Granted he played an unfamilliar right side of a diamond while we had injury problems but needs to get on the ball and move it around more than that.

Now he did average 42.8 at Sevilla, but there he played even less than here so even less of a sample.

I 100% believe he just needs time on the pitch to get used to playing in the premier league. I dont think he'll do worse than Amrabat has done when hes played, or McTominay's performances from starting. Another along with Gore that I'd be more than happy to see play a bunch of games instead of those senior first teamers
When Gore was at Port Vale before he got injured he was only coming off the bench so I hardly think he is ready for the top flight.
Hannibal has a chance to impress now so let's see what he does with it.

Cribbin, Goss and Cole probably were as well and they are nowhere to be seen.
Larnell Cole was at no point ever more gifted than Hannibal. Nor was Goss.

When Gore was at Port Vale before he got injured he was only coming off the bench so I hardly think he is ready for the top flight.
Gore played once for Port Vale and it was from the start. Literally never came off the bench for them even a single time. You know you can google this stuff right?

Larnell Cole was at no point ever more gifted than Hannibal. Nor was Goss.

Gore played once for Port Vale and it was from the start. Literally never came off the bench for them even a single time. You know you can google this stuff right?
He went to the bench instead of coming off it :lol:.
Either way he needs a good loan this season once he is fully fit again.
Hannibal was obviously gifted at a younger age in comparison to those around him and that was why we pursued him but not sure if that is the case now.

Played better than most of the senior players in preseason which is all a young player can do. Mainoo got his chance and fair enough when youre giving a youngster a go at first, you dont have space for another next to him in midfield. But now Mainoo has established himself and at the very least our young midfielders can come in to give him a rest now and again.

Played better than most of the senior players in preseason which is all a young player can do. Mainoo got his chance and fair enough when youre giving a youngster a go at first, you dont have space for another next to him in midfield. But now Mainoo has established himself and at the very least our young midfielders can come in to give him a rest now and again.
Looks like Collyer maybe the one to get the opportunity this season.

Hope we keep him here. We need bodies in that midfield. Casemiro and McTominay aren't it man. I'm gonna be depressed seeing those 2 once again in the starting 11.

He doesnt look like he is goingto progress into anything like the early hype suggested....butif he is in thelast year of his contract....personally Iwould ratherkeep him than loan him.

No way we should signAmrabat, Casemiro and Eriksen we should sell for whatever we can get to ridusof wages, personally McTominay offers little to the squad to justify not taking reported fees for....that four less playerstha last season in what was a woeful midfield.

It leavesuswith just Fernandes, Mount, Mainoo and a few goody oungsters, where probably Collyer is the only one ready to step up for minutes currently andwe arent signing three midfielders.

Istill think he holds value as a squad player this season,even ifleaving for nothing in a year

Reported for not using your space bar enough.

Reported for not using your space bar enough.
I’ve concluded that he is either cosplaying a drunk person or his keyboard is wank.

I hope Megbri is given a proper chance this pre-season. He was played out of position last pre-season, which was disappointing to say the least. I firmly believe he can contribute to the team, however he has to be and look less rash on the pitch. He has shown all his qualities in academy football, but has mainly shown his rashness and immaturity in first team football. Needs to calm down and focus on his own game. Manager also needs to play him in the right position, of course.

Last edited:
I’ve concluded that he is either cosplaying a drunk person or his keyboard is wank.

I hope Megbri is given a proper chance this pre-season. He was played out of position last pre-season, which was disappointing to say the least. I firmly believe he can contribute to the team, however he has to be and look less rash on the pitch. He has shown all his qualities in academy football, but has mainly shown his rashness and immaturity in first team football. Needs to calm down and focus on his own game. Manager also needs to play him in the right position, of course.
I feel like it's obvious he isn't fit to be an attacker. He plays more rash, just chases shadow, and for whatever reason (maybe not good enough) doesn't display the same technical ability in those areas.

You would think they would try him out in deeper areas more often. LVG would do that to players if he felt they weren't doing enough in a certain position. It seems like a big part of why he doesn't do well is that he doesn't get on the ball enough, and the limited touches he gets, you really need to be effective with them.

I feel like it's obvious he isn't fit to be an attacker. He plays more rash, just chases shadow, and for whatever reason (maybe not good enough) doesn't display the same technical ability in those areas.

You would think they would try him out in deeper areas more often. LVG would do that to players if he felt they weren't doing enough in a certain position. It seems like a big part of why he doesn't do well is that he doesn't get on the ball enough, and the limited touches he gets, you really need to be effective with them.
It’s clear to us that he isn’t an attacker. He’s a box-to-box terrier type like Fred, but he has shown in academy football that he is more technical in his all around play, although Fred was a Brazil international. They just weren’t used optimally. I mean, EtH played him as a forward last pre-season.

I’m overanalysing here but to me that says 1. EtH believes Mejbri is technically and tactically versatile enough to play as a forward/false nine/at the top, 2. He is aware Mejbri’s qualities as a midfielder so was testing him in other positions, or 3. He just doesn’t give a feck about Mejbri because he doesn’t see a future for Mejbri at the club and was just using him to make up numbers since we didn’t have enough forwards last pre-season.

I don’t know, I’m just disappointed and feel Mejbri hasn’t been given enough time and opportunities in the first team. I would prefer if he, Gore and Collyer (only because EtH is big-upping him) get McT’s and Amrabat’s minutes.

He went to the bench instead of coming off it :lol:.
Either way he needs a good loan this season once he is fully fit again.
Hannibal was obviously gifted at a younger age in comparison to those around him and that was why we pursued him but not sure if that is the case now.
Again, never appeared on the bench even a single time for Port Vale.

Do you know how google works?

Genuine question, why keep posting things that are wrong and not just take the 10 seconds to google it when you clearly have no idea about a topic?