Group D | Poland, Netherlands, Austria & France

I think Poland are being a bit under-rated here. Maybe because I live here and am biased, but I was very impressed with their playing off the back and overall use of the ball in dangerous areas on Sunday and I really rate their coach (they call him, Guardiola here). Think they were a bit unlucky not to walk away with a draw, similar to Austria last night.

With Lewandowski back and them having 1.5 day more rest compared to Austria, they definitely stand a chance on Friday.
I agree you did quite well, but we should've scored about 4 goals in the first half. Especially Memphis and Gakpo missed a few sitters.

Once we were 2-1 up you looked dangerous though. Definitely more resistance than I expected.

A win today against Poland is a must. I am not sure though as the hype for our team under Rangnick seems a bit exaggerated.

Netherlands against France should be a cracker with both coming out all guns blazing.

A win today against Poland is a must. I am not sure though as the hype for our team under Rangnick seems a bit exaggerated.

Netherlands against France should be a cracker with both coming out all guns blazing.

Has he been able to implement his much famed style of play with you guys? He did with us for 45 minutes and then it all fizzled out.

I am afraid I have not seem much of the "blazing guns" with France under Deschamps. I am not sure that game will one for the ages.

No idea where the goals are going to come from in France's expected XI tonight.

Hope we'll get to see Barcola before 80' comes around.

I don't see Austria beating us honestly. Their attack is poor and our defence is by far our strongest line. If we finish like we did against Poland we might draw, but 4 points is surely enough for a second round in the current set-up.

Looking forward to Friday though. I expect a France win, but who knows.... We've upset them before.
That's always been the problem with the Dutch teams. Their sheer arrogance and tendency to dismiss the opponent whenever given the chance. It prevented you from being so much more successful.

I think that you're going, at best, draw with Austria

That's always been the problem with the Dutch teams. Their sheer arrogance and tendency to dismiss the opponent whenever given the chance. It prevented you from being so much more successful.

No, that's only the reason we didn't win in 1974. In 1978 the post prevented us from winning and in 2010 Casillas' toe.

We are extremely critical of our national team. We think Van Dijk is overrated, Frenkie de Jong is a useless backpass merchant and we might as well not participate in this tournament as even Albania would beat us 5-0. This we are the best sentiment you speak of died around the turn of the century.

Austria is just not an amazing team. They press hard and are disciplined, but we have far more quality on the pitch and should not lose to them. I mean, I love Gernot Trauner more than anyone on the caf, but he's hardly a world beater.

And if we draw as you say, we didnt lose did we? That's not arrogant. Arrogant would be saying we'll crush that Austrian pubteam, they should go back to Ski jumping and yodeling in their mountain hovels.

Last edited:

You make a little confidence from a fan sound like they are the English.

I think tomorrow can go either way. There is a lot of quality and no particular weakness in the Dutch team.

We haven't looked too good in this tournament so far. We seemed pretty nervous against Poland and didn't have a realistic chance against France. With the win now in our bag, we might be more confident, and I am hopeful we'll see a better all-around performance tomorrow.

I think tomorrow can go either way. There is a lot of quality and no particular weakness in the Dutch team.

We haven't looked too good in this tournament so far. We seemed pretty nervous against Poland and didn't have a realistic chance against France. With the win now in our bag, we might be more confident, and I am hopeful we'll see a better all-around performance tomorrow.
Midfield is definitely our weakness. I think we will have a lot of trouble with your pressing. I think our defense should be able to nullify your attack, but I think it will be a very competitive (and hopefully good) game. If Albania don't beat Spain today we're already through as well, so the pressure is off a tiny bit.

For those watching the Dutch-Austria game, how’s Seiwald playing ? Watched him a couple of times, think he’s an interesting prospect.

Boys, posted this in the match thread and it got buried, any informed observer on the fella?

Boys, posted this in the match thread and it got buried, any informed observer on the fella?
I'm sittiting in Sweden, cannot watch my team play. But usually he is great, we should buy him.

But what's the more pressing question is, whether i should tattoo "Euro Champion 24" now on my forehead, or whether I should wait until we win the next round.

Come on ☺️!!

Seiwald was immense todsy! Cant understand why he didnt get more playing time in Leipzig

I was impressed by the low intensity of France v Poland. It looks like a friendly. And Upamecano is very bad, a typical centre-back who made his career because of his height and size

I'm sittiting in Sweden, cannot watch my team play. But usually he is great, we should buy him.

But what's the more pressing question is, whether i should tattoo "Euro Champion 24" now on my forehead, or whether I should wait until we win the next round.
Come on ☺!!

Seiwald was immense todsy! Cant understand why he didnt get more playing time in Leipzig

Haha cheers lads. Hope to see more of this player and good luck with the rest of the tournament!