Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

So, it was Arsenal and Arteta holding this guy back? He has been a revelation since moving to Leverkusen.

So, it was Arsenal and Arteta holding this guy back? He has been a revelation since moving to Leverkusen.
His last season at Arsenal was already very good, but yeah he seems to have gone up another level. A few seasons ago he was genuinely a liability, it's quite amazing.

Maybe more if you consider his last season at Arsenal. His transformation has been fantastic, finally fulfilling his potential.

Big difference for me is the difference in his maturity the past 2 years, both with and without the ball. He's not getting involved in the petty squables he used to and his game has benefitted greatly for it. I can think of perhaps 1 incident for Arsenal at Anfield where he got involved in something and that stoked the crowd and players up and helped spark their comeback.

He's also now playing in teams and surrounded by players that actually complemented him and allowed him to concentrate on his own game without trying to do too much.

It's a shame for Arsenal it happened so close to the end of his time there, as we are missing this version of Xhaka.

Big difference for me is the difference in his maturity the past 2 years, both with and without the ball. He's not getting involved in the petty squables he used to and his game has benefitted greatly for it.
I mean, yeah for sure, and it's a more "visible" and easy to latch onto thing, but there's also a lot more maturity in his tactical approach to the game which certainly has a bigger impact than anything else.

Also the fact, except his last season with us, he spent most of him time with us playing as a DM. Which is not his natural position.

I gained a lot of respect for Xhaka when he gave some back to the Arsenal fans.

Always find it funny when fans give it but get all butthurt when some comes back their way.