Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 101269

Overpaid star whose performances don't deserve star treatment but nevertheless demands it(i.e. start every game) and is treated as such by media

See above. I was strictly answering @Isotope about why Zidane doesn't fancy Bale. The situation you're talking about was/is very much Florentino Perez's fault
Excellent; so it's the clubs fault.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yeah it’s only a tiny 5.2 mill a year difference. Lets all take a 33% pay cut and leave the job we do minimal work at, for a worse paying job where we are expected to work harder.

@Murder on Zidane's Floor
Google "utility of money"

Pay cut of 33% for the average bloke is huge. When you're already a multimillionaire, doesn't make a difference. Its ego and vanity at this point.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Never heard a complain about Bale missing RM training or turning up late kind of disciplinary issues. So, other than on field performance, I don't really understand why RM fans are upset with him. May be I don't know the full story.
Its because that bald French tit doesnt like him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Google "utility of money"

Pay cut of 33% for the average bloke is huge. When you're already a multimillionaire, doesn't make a difference. Its ego and vanity at this point.
Rubbish. Multi Billionaires can live a much more luxurious life than Multi Millionaire.

A Millionaire can live a more luxurious life with an extra 5 million. They can make the lives better of their family/friends and many charities if they are 5 million quid better off.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I have never seen people defending player this much in similar situation as people do it here with Bale.

Who cares how Real Madrid threat him, do you lot realise he has intentionally decided to ruin his own career so he can collect money and apparently play golf? Just ignore Real Madrid in this situation and look objectively at his behaviour, he threw away the best years of his career because he wants to act like an idiot.

Complete lack of professionalism, and determination to prove more in his career, there is quite clearly the big difference between top players like Ronaldo and Messi and the likes of Bale who are very lucky to be where they are in their career. I mean, the likes of Smalling went to Rome as a big step down in his career because he wants to play regular football and wants to keep his form, and majority of this forum hates him, but adores Bale. Incredible stuff.

I have never seen people defending player this much in similar situation as people do it here with Bale.

Who cares how Real Madrid threat him, do you lot realise he has intentionally decided to ruin his own career so he can collect money and apparently play golf? Just ignore Real Madrid in this situation and look objectively at his behaviour, he threw away the best years of his career because he wants to act like an idiot.

Complete lack of professionalism, and determination to prove more in his career, there is quite clearly the big difference between top players like Ronaldo and Messi and the likes of Bale who are very lucky to be where they are in their career. I mean, the likes of Smalling went to Rome as a big step down in his career because he wants to play regular football and wants to keep his form, and majority of this forum hates him, but adores Bale. Incredible stuff.
You can’t ignore the fact he played for Madrid. The fact Madrid have acted in the way they have contributed to the problem. Bale agreed to move last year - and it was Madrid who then demanded a fee and scuppered the deal.

I don’t adore Bale, and I don’t imagine many here do, but do recognise he’s a very good player, One who has been treated appallingly by Madrid. That’s why he gets support.

If Madrid offered him a payoff in the same way we had to do with Sanchez, then I’m sure he would move. However, let’s be careful in comparing the two. Sanchez didn’t contribute anything to Utd.

Bale had done very well for them, scored a lot of goals and won trophies for them, he deserves to be treated better.

Tarrou

Of course it matters how Real treat him.

In any other walk of life if an employer treats their employee badly we show empathy to the person who is universally (and rightly) regarded as the wronged party. In football however clubs can literally shit all over players and they just have to suck it up?

None of us know the full story.

Nickelodeon

I’m not averse to getting him on loan if we can’t sign Sancho or anyone else permanently. He’ll have it all to prove. Worst case he fails, then he goes back and we’re out 15 million. If he succeeds, the same amount would be pocket change for the quality he can produce.

Grande

I think you are dead wrong about the majority of the forum. I think the majority of this forum likes and respects Chris Smalling alot, and the majority of this thinks Bale is a bit of a wuss and a crybaby.

I think many defends letting Smalling leave the club because of percieved weaknesses in his ball playing ability. That’s something completely different than hating. I also think quite a few defends Bale from accusations of being evil towrds the innocently victimized Real Madrid. That is not the same as adoring.

Last edited:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Anyone else seen the BT "Unlimited Sub" advert? He's really taking the piss.

Member 101269

I’m surprised by this, I actually don’t see any references to where he’s been unprofessional. How has he intentionally ruined his career, he’s won more than most and gets paid more than most. He’ll look back on the medals he’s won and go wow. This play golf stuff is weird; he can play golf all he wants when the club don’t need him. Why not, the weather is great for playing golf and it’s great he has an activity that he does that isn’t sitting at a game console. He’s getting out..

Is your issue RM gave him a contract and you don’t want RM to honour that legal contract?

ForeverRed1

I was always the biggest bale fan. I think he could of been good enough to be the for a top team. Say he had of come to us or gone to city or Chelsea (for example).

At his best and on his day he was as technically gifted and powerful as any other footballer, the kind of player that can do things on a pitch and produce something out of nothing that not many player can. World class player, no doubt about it. He had it all at his best.

He chose Madrid, won everything. Earned huuuge money, lived a beautiful lifestyle in a stunning villa in Spain, with his beautiful family.. many will say he made the right decision, maybe he did.

I just can’t help but wonder what impact he would of had if he had of stuck with the premier league, could he of been a legend of the league, to go down with the greats?
Would he of been spoken about differently to what he is now? If he had of chose us? would he be a United great? What difference would he of made to us?

He has won everything in Madrid, just a shame he won’t be remembered for the right reasons, especially from the club he has given majority of his career too.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

:lol: :lol:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Rubbish. Multi Billionaires can live a much more luxurious life than Multi Millionaire.

A Millionaire can live a more luxurious life with an extra 5 million. They can make the lives better of their family/friends and many charities if they are 5 million quid better off.
You're missing my point, massively indeed. The relative value of a £100 is far less to someone with £50m in the bank, than someone with £100.

It has ZERO to do with luxury or whether you buy a boat that is 12ft bigger etc.

redshaw

I think you are dead wrong about the majority of the forum. I think the majority of this forum likes and respects Chris Smalling alot, and the majority of this thinks Bale is a bit of a wuss and a crybaby.

I think many defends letting Smalling leave the club because of percieved weaknesses in his ball playing ability. That’s something completely different than hating. I also think quite a few defends Bale from accusations of being evil towrds the innocently victimized Real Madrid. That is not the same as adoring.
This is true, Smalling is a liked person but some don't rate him now or think we can do better. Bale is not wanted generally or liked here, people like the fact he's taking money out of Madrid for the laughs. Saying he's adored is farcical and total misreading by Amar.

Champagne Football

With Tahith Chong scoring a brace a couple of days ago for Werder Bremen, there's every chance he will set the world ablaze in the Bundesliga this season. I'm thinking the board might be tempted to ditch the Sancho deal, take Bale on loan for a season and then hope Chong is first XI material by next season.

Chairman Steve

Feck no to Bale under any circumstances. He’d be another Sanchez and he’s pretty much declared he's a mercenary to the world. Would go completely against our new directive under OGS.

vidic blood & sand

I wanted Bale 5 years ago. Now I don't think his dog even wants him.
Money hungry injury prone liability. The club is still licking it's wounds from the Sanchez ordeal.

Don't want it to happen. Won't happen.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
we was after him for a few years and had different managers that wanted to sign him for us but he never moved so I bet he’s regretting that right now.

Josh 76

With Tahith Chong scoring a brace a couple of days ago for Werder Bremen, there's every chance he will set the world ablaze in the Bundesliga this season. I'm thinking the board might be tempted to ditch the Sancho deal, take Bale on loan for a season and then hope Chong is first XI material by next season.
:lol:

spiriticon

I'd take him for a reasonably average wage (~£200,000 k a week) and a free transfer and on a short contract (max 2 years).

If he wants galactico billing, no thanks. Galactico signings have worked out really poor for us in the last few years.

LucasXXII

:wenger:

The Man United way, ladies and gentlemen

Murder on Zidanes Floor

A ton of stuff. That's over £5million extra per year.
Stuff*

What stuff? Is he struggling to own more than one car? I get it, the figure is more, but what can he not buy today, that he can buy tomorrow? Not much in reality. His life will not be increased in any major way, except for perhaps another car or house but he already can afford those. Holidays? Three houses? Ten cars? An Island? He can afford that now.

There is a quote in Chinatown when Jack Nicholson's character asked a multimillionaire baron who is undertaking more shady deals that are harming people "how much better can you eat?" and that is my opinion, how much better can his life get by staying in Madrid? Imagine he went back to Spurs and won them trophies or to Juve and won more trophies? Seems non of these things are of interest and that is OK, perhaps he sees this as just a job, again that is OK. Do I want someone with that mentality at my club? Absolutely not.

Like I get it, but would I personally waste years of my career when I am beyond financially secure playing golf? No. It smacks of ego and two fingers up to Madrid.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The BT add shows he is having fun with it all and good for him I guess.

He is, however, cementing how he will be remembered. You have so many great players now still doing great things in their 30’s. He has dropped out of that group now, and will be remembered as a tier below despite a great highlight reel.

tomaldinho1

Stuff*

What stuff? Is he struggling to own more than one car? I get it, the figure is more, but what can he not buy today, that he can buy tomorrow? Not much in reality. His life will not be increased in any major way, except for perhaps another car or house but he already can afford those. Holidays? Three houses? Ten cars? An Island? He can afford that now.

There is a quote in Chinatown when Jack Nicholson's character asked a multimillionaire baron who is undertaking more shady deals that are harming people "how much better can you eat?" and that is my opinion, how much better can his life get by staying in Madrid? Imagine he went back to Spurs and won them trophies or to Juve and won more trophies? Seems non of these things are of interest and that is OK, perhaps he sees this as just a job, again that is OK. Do I want someone with that mentality at my club? Absolutely not.

Like I get it, but would I personally waste years of my career when I am beyond financially secure playing golf? No. It smacks of ego and two fingers up to Madrid.
It's amusing you've had to explain this but also quite depressing.

He's 31 and should be chomping at the bit to find a club where he enjoys playing again for the last few years at the top level. If his vast fortune is end up being $150m instead of $165m what does it really matter to anyone but the tax man.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

It's amusing you've had to explain this but also quite depressing.

He's 31 and should be chomping at the bit to find a club where he enjoys playing again for the last few years at the top level. If his vast fortune is end up being $150m instead of $165m what does it really matter to anyone but the tax man.
Precisely. He is clearly out of love with the game and it not for us to judge, the guy has won the absolute lot at club level. What more does he need to prove? Nothing and he has had a stellar career. But it is a double-edged sword, he went to one of the most toxic supported clubs there is, where you're loved but loathed in the same week. Personally I would want to play and show off my immense talent but there could be loads of factors at play, his body could be wrecked, he could be crawling to the bathroom the morning after a game and he has had enough. We don't know but we should know he is not a player to pursue at all.

mad1max954

I’m not averse to getting him on loan if we can’t sign Sancho or anyone else permanently. He’ll have it all to prove. Worst case he fails, then he goes back and we’re out 15 million. If he succeeds, the same amount would be pocket change for the quality he can produce.
this is how I see it but only if it means we can get the players we need in other positions. Sancho is an amazing player but he himself isn’t going to fix the squad which needs a little more to take it to the next level.

if you get 25 games out of bale and he performs anything like we know, then a loan makes a lot of sense.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I wanted Bale 5 years ago. Now I don't think his dog even wants him.
Money hungry injury prone liability. The club is still licking it's wounds from the Sanchez ordeal.

Don't want it to happen. Won't happen.
Exactly this...^^
Someone said "he'll want to prove a point".... I really can't see that he would give a damn.
He has won a cabinet full in Madrid, and doesn't seem too arsed about playing football.
Disaster written all over it.

Lynty

Loan deal wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (if Sancho isn't happening}) and Madrid pay half the wages :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Surprised Becks hasn't tried to pull a few strings and get him over to Miami.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
If United agrees a contract with Bale I think RM should pay United 20-30 million euros for taking him. Some sort of reverse fee.

Lost all his pace. Does not have motivation to play football. Useless in most games. Injury prone.

This is how things were when Bale was at his best:

1. He would be brilliant for 4-5 games.
2. He would then get injured and be out for 4-5 games.
3. He would then be shit coming back from injuries in 3-4 games.
4. He would gain form and be brilliant for 4-5 games and get injured again - and The cycle repeats.

Now the cycle is the same without the inbetween brilliant spell he used to have.

romufc

Exactly this...^^
Someone said "he'll want to prove a point".... I really can't see that he would give a damn.
He has won a cabinet full in Madrid, and doesn't seem too arsed about playing football.
Disaster written all over it.
Everyone keeps saying Bale has still got it, why do they keep saying this? He hasn't been in form in 3 seasons now, just because he scored a CL final goal.

Bale is way past his best, has no pace which was his strongest weapon.

He will come here thinking he is the top man, wouldn't track back, would throw his toys out the pram, we do not want him.

Look at his injury record, he has a calf problem every season, add that to the other injuries he seems to get every year,

This will be one of our worst transfers since Alexis if it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.