Gabriel Magalhães

[/QUOTE]
That would be a great reply to start off the thread :p is there a big gap do you know between Arsenal's 23 set-piece goals and the next highest team? (I am assuming they are number 1).

I've heard they've been employing "blocking" tactics also on the opposition keeper but I'm not sure how valid these claims are, if it's something Arsenal are doing specifically or if it's something that all teams do and they are just the ones benefiting the most from it.
So since the start of last season it's:
Arsenal - 23
Everton - 21 (do they even score from the open play?)
Ipswich - 20 (but 19 of those were scored last season in Championship, so doesn't count)
City - 17
Villa - 17

so apart from Everton, it's quite a big gap across just 40+ games.

So since the start of last season it's:
Arsenal - 23
Everton - 21 (do they even score from the open play?)
Ipswich - 20 (but 19 of those were scored last season in Championship, so doesn't count)
City - 17
Villa - 17

so apart from Everton, it's quite a big gap across just 40+ games

Thank you. It's interesting to see how many corners each of those teams won during that period (I couldn't find numbers on total set pieces only corners):

Arsenal - 285
Everton - 198
City - 330

It's also mad how efficient they have been this season when they've won only 20 corners so far. by comparison United have won 34, City 44, Spurs 53. I'd expect the numbers to even out somewhat as the season progresses though.