Free Agents - Where will they end up?

The Arthur/Pjanic swop deal was dodgy as feck. Both players were doing relatively well for their teams before the swap and they both become non-existent after that.
Absolutely. Though I think Arthur at that point, had already started showing signs of a lack of discipline and a love for partying iirc. But yeah, still strange how both their careers after that transfer amounted to pretty much nothing of note.

We're only one injury away from playing Casemiro every game, looks like we could do with a midfield free agent but who?

Hummels finally found a club. He signed for Roma on a one year deal(allegedly with an option to extend for another year).
Would have been a waste if he didn't continue playing.

That'd be a turn up. Do European players go to South America more these days or is it still incredibly rare?

There were news of a Brazilian club buying a Portuguese one and some clubs are owned by multi-clubs consortiums (Botafogo is part if the Textor group I think) so it might be more common.
I think it's still somewhat a purposeful move of some European players paying their dues or doing a pilgrimage of sort (for Brazil). The last I can think of is D.Payet going to Vasco de Gama. Seedorf at Botafogo. I'm probably missing some.

Thauvin & Gignac at Tigres UANL and not so long ago J.Menez at Club America. That's maybe more the "aging star looking for a decent paycheck and with a sense of adventure".

There were news of a Brazilian club buying a Portuguese one and some clubs are owned by multi-clubs consortiums (Botafogo is part if the Textor group I think) so it might be more common.
I think it's still somewhat a purposeful move of some European players paying their dues or doing a pilgrimage of sort (for Brazil). The last I can think of is D.Payet going to Vasco de Gama. Seedorf at Botafogo. I'm probably missing some.

Thauvin & Gignac at Tigres UANL and not so long ago J.Menez at Club America. That's maybe more the "aging star looking for a decent paycheck and with a sense of adventure".

Flamengo buying Leixões.

adding onto the stuff about Botafogo have been clearing debts, and buying a bunch of players over the past windows. Including Alex Telles, Allan, Thiago Almada (who will transfer to Lyon in a year or so), Vitinho, Igor Jesus and a bunch of promising younger player. What's been happening more often in recent years is the bigger clubs bringing back some players in the middle of their careers, or talents not making it at their first european club, but they're still mostly south american players.

As for the pilgrimage stuff, Iker Muniain is likely joining San Lorenzo too. He's in Argentina to sign today I think.
He grew up a River fan and wants to play in Argentina, so he sought out the move.

You're right about the Textor group, they call themselves Eagle Football Group. There's a list of clubs here: https://www.eaglefootball.com/clubs

:lol: As a young, wealthy and potentially single man going to Brazil to play football, there are worse fates. My head was on a swivel when I was there.

Absolutely. Though I think Arthur at that point, had already started showing signs of a lack of discipline and a love for partying iirc. But yeah, still strange how both their careers after that transfer amounted to pretty much nothing of note.
One bad transfer can ruin your entire career, it's an example of why you shouldn't join Barca.

That'd be a weird one. I've been to a Flamengo game at the Maracanã, it's a great atmosphere but what a different environment than Manchester. Seems like Varane and Martial are living it up with the Como and Rio destinations! (Yes I know Varane is already done at Como)