Gaming Football Manager 2025 | Delayed til March 2025

Solius

(• ___ •)
Staff
So this is the one that's meant to be the biggest change in the game's history.

So far they've announced Premier League licensing for the first time ever I think, and now a development update is out.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/development-update-football-manager-25

Key points I took:

- Multiple women's team licenses.

- They reviewed how often something was used and therefore removed Social Media screen, Data Chalkboard, Create-A-Club (because they can't improve it to the level they're looking for), Versus Mode, Challenge Mode & Fantasy Draft (coming back at some point during the cycle.

- New UI/UX driven by a tile and card system.

Screenshot%201_EN.jpg
Screenshot%202_EN.jpg

- Inbox gone, replaced by Portal.

Another facet of our UI work has been studying the constant evolution in the way people interact, communicate, and consume information. Historically the screen that people spend the most time on in FM has been the Inbox – essentially, your in-game email. For a while, this has felt quite old school given that modern football managers spend way more time on their phones than laptops.

So, welcome to what we now call your “Portal”.

The Portal will be a richer window to the wider footballing universe. It’ll give you far better tools to develop your story through the Agenda and Messages sections, but also deliver you more insight into what’s happening elsewhere via News and Matches.

Screenshot%203_EN.jpg

Also new screen between match highlights:

Screenshot%204_EN.jpg

I don't like the 'Portal'

Really excited though. Interesting that the sidebar seems to have gone too.

I don't like the 'Portal'

Really excited though. Interesting that the sidebar seems to have gone too.

I’m not massively impressed by the tiles and cards thing either. Feels like something that was quite in fashion 4 or 5 years ago but isn’t really the done thing anymore.

Also concerned the changes will be mainly cosmetic and once again ignore core issues.

Looks completely different and like an app rather than a game.

I’m not massively impressed by the tiles and cards thing either. Feels like something that was quite in fashion 4 or 5 years ago but isn’t really the done thing anymore.

Also concerned the changes will be mainly cosmetic and once again ignore core issues.
Yeah there are definitely a few concerns here. September release date announcement seems a bit late to me. Would swear it was earlier in previous years.

Edit: No its about the same time.

Looks completely different and like an app rather than a game.
Yea they made a reference to something like lately football managers tend to be more on their mobile than on their laptops. Hopefully doesn't influence the design too much.

Are they trying to make all PC/Console/Mobile versions work together instead of making them separately?

Stripped back features. This is looking like CM after the split. I.e shite

Fully agree. Those cosmetics changes they showed can literally be done by any of those guys in the modding community who make free skins. It's really not that hard I don't think. I guess I'll wait until they reveal in the in-match graphics. Thats where it should make a lot of difference .

Feels like they've spent ages pissing about making it look like they've changed loads without necessarily changing much.

The match engine, AI squad building and player interactions are the three big things that need changing, and instead they've began by promoting the new licenses and UI.

Not a promising start.

I don't care about shouts, never used them and always delegated them away but I am not actually sure what the chalkboard is?

Is it the bit where you can go and analyse a match afterwards using various bits of data? If so then that's shit considering you can barely do anything in-game.

Feels like they've spent ages pissing about making it look like they've changed loads without necessarily changing much.

The match engine, AI squad building and player interactions are the three big things that need changing, and instead they've began by promoting the new licenses and UI.

Not a promising start.
Yeah the UI/UX would be quite far down on my list of things to fix.

Transfers is what still needs a massive overhaul.

You literally cannot buy any wonderkid for less than 50 million.

The bad thing about a new game engine is it will take the skinning community longer to push out custom skins, may have to put up with the potentially crap looking new interface for a bit longer.

UI/UX looks like they want to tap into the mobile/tablet users more and it probably makes the console versions a bit easier to navigate too.

So naturally as a game I only play on PC, I hate it.

Right at the start of the game? You can get quite a few of them for cheap.

Like who?

Someone like Joao neves costs like 80 mill which is outrageous.

Or Pino/N. Williams cost the same as...basically what Jude Bellingham went for. It's very difficult.

Meanwhile nobody wants to buy Pellistri for more than 5 mil.

That's how much he'd cost in real life tbf.

But this is Football Manager 2024, which starts at the 2023/2024 season, where his retrospective performances this season have not been factored in. Would Joao Neves go for 80 mill back in the 2023 transfer window?

But this is Football Manager 2024, which starts at the 2023/2024 season, where his retrospective performances this season have not been factored in. Would Joao Neves go for 80 mill back in the 2023 transfer window?

A quick search using the hidden attributes reveals 182 players, aged 22 or under, with a CA of at least 120, a PA of at least 150, and an asking price of £20 million or less at the start of the game.

UI/UX looks like they want to tap into the mobile/tablet users more and it probably makes the console versions a bit easier to navigate too.

So naturally as a game I only play on PC, I hate it.

I would imagine they aren't focusing on how it looks till near the end, it's more features working, skinning it would be the last possible step.

Like who?

Someone like Joao neves costs like 80 mill which is outrageous.

Or Pino/N. Williams cost the same as...basically what Jude Bellingham went for. It's very difficult.

Meanwhile nobody wants to buy Pellistri for more than 5 mil.
Mate there are countless ones.

A quick search using the hidden attributes reveals 182 players, aged 22 or under, with a CA of at least 120, a PA of at least 150, and an asking price of £20 million or less at the start of the game.

Can I ask for an example?

I've never got a scout report for a player with 4+ stars potential that was "just" 20 million or less.

I've never got a scout report for a player with 4+ stars potential that was "just" 20 million or less.
Probably because you are playing with a team like Real Madrid/Man City where all their players are 170/180 PA and so players with PA of 150 will appear as 3 star rated by your scouts.

Even then, it's not really an issue as sometimes those players can still appear as 4 star PA depending on their form. There's loads you can sign from smaller leagues for reasonable prices. And the players you have mentioned are rated at those prices even in real life.

Probably because you are playing with a team like Real Madrid/Man City where all their players are 170/180 PA and so players with PA of 150 will appear as 3 star rated by your scouts.

Even then, it's not really an issue as sometimes those players can still appear as 4 star PA depending on their form. There's loads you can sign from smaller leagues for reasonable prices. And the players you have mentioned are rated at those prices even in real life.

Nah, I'm talking from a Man Utd perspective.

And No way Nico Williams and Yono would go for anywhere close to that in the 2023 transfer summer window, nor would Joao Neves.

We seem to retroactively add to their price based on results/season that actually hasn't happened yet.

Realised it was a save in "Real World" mode so it included a lot of players you wouldn't have been able to sign due to pre-agreed transfers.

Loaded up a "classic" save and there are 126 players meeting the criteria. Highest reputation players are:

Andre - Fluminense
Edoardo Bove - Roma
Thiago Almada - Atlanta United
Savio - Troyes (on loan at Girona)

The players you've mentioned have the below asking prices:

Joao Neves - £53 million
Nico Williams - £43 million
Yeremy Pino - £69 million
Leny Yoro - £53 million

Nah, I'm talking from a Man Utd perspective.

And No way Nico Williams and Yono would go for anywhere close to that in the 2023 transfer summer window, nor would Joao Neves.

We seem to retroactively add to their price based on results/season that actually hasn't happened yet.

I don't know what to tell you. Nico and Pino(I'm assuming Yono is this guy) had release clauses in the real world which is reflected in the game too. You could buy them for the same release clauses. They wouldn't sell for less than their release clauses or a lot of the clubs in real life would have already been seriously linked to them.

Joao Neves was highly rated before last season too and he plays in Portuguese League where they are known for selling their young talent for high prices. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe even Joao Neves can be bought for 50m at the start of the game. It's not that high for someone of his potential.

If they can't fix ai transfers then what's the point.

Haven't properly played football manager since the 2006 version. Is it essentially the same game?

No way. I couldn't play 06 now I tried it not that long ago with 08, they just feel a bit basic now (Which it probably the best and my most played up there with 12)

Maybe that's nostalgia talking though because I think it generally gets better every year.

I'd agree on it being worse. Back in the early days it wasn't full of broken features that ultimately detract from the experience.

Personally, I think it peaked around 2014ish.

No way. I couldn't play 06 now I tried it not that long ago with 08, they just feel a bit basic now (Which it probably the best and my most played up there with 12)

Maybe that's nostalgia talking though because I think it generally gets better every year.

Yeah wasn't being 100% serious with that one. Disagree on the better every year though. It did until recently but I genuinely think they've made the last few versions worse. More clicking required, clunky screens, terrible AI.

The one thing they've been really good at is making it faster, and the improved match engine (which still needs a lot of work).

Fm 2006 was hilarious though.

Player stats fluccuated with the wind and you could have Ronaldo right wing, Robben left wing both with 20 dribbling, 20 first touch, 20 technique, 20 finishing.

Yeah wasn't being 100% serious with that one. Disagree on the better every year though. It did until recently but I genuinely think they've made the last few versions worse. More clicking required, clunky screens, terrible AI.

The one thing they've been really good at is making it faster, and the improved match engine (which still needs a lot of work).
I base my idea of it being better on the QOL improvements and stuff like that, although the last 3/4 versions are incredibly similar. I think stagnated is a better description than getting actively worse. I don't think it's worse because the core of the game is and has been the same for a while and I enjoy it.

I base my idea of it being better on the QOL improvements and stuff like that, although the last 3/4 versions are incredibly similar. I think stagnated is a better description than getting actively worse. I don't think it's worse because the core of the game is and has been the same for a while and I enjoy it.

Have you seen the video of the guy getting 125CA players with 18 pace and acceleration and finishing top 4 in the league? It's pretty grim match engine, fifa esque.

I want them to fix contracts. Doing a save with Wigan, a player who was signed at the beginning of the 2nd season on £5k p/w and got a 25% increase upon promotion to the Championship wants a new contract worth £22k p/w 2-3 months into the new season. Another player signed in January of the 2nd season wants to go from £6.5k to £18k 11 months later. All whilst players signed for the Championship season are the higher earners on £10-12k, a figure I'd be happy to give to the players wanting new contracts but there isn't an option to say in negotiations to say what your limit would be and only the players demand.

Also on shouts, I've never believed they do anything and hate they don't take immediate effect. Not sure why shouting encouragement makes a whole squad upset either.

Squad building is still shite from AI, with the hoarding of players who never develop, signing players not good enough for their squad who'll never play and signing multiple players in the same position when not needing cover.