Music Foo Fighters

Amazing at the stadium of light, hopefully he makes the dates, even with a cast Dave beats other front men hands down.

Great that he still finished the show and it seems likely they will play some of the remaining shows, but it's not really the same is it? He's usually so high energy that this will take away a lot from the performance. As I said in another thread, I'm selfishly happy I got to see them at Slane before this happened, regardless, even if they play the remaining shows.

Well if they wern't already one of the greatest bands of all time...

Has anyone got the new album? I got it yesterday, it is rubbish, so disappointed. It's very repetitive and the songwriting is so lazy.

Has anyone got the new album? I got it yesterday, it is rubbish, so disappointed. It's very repetitive and the songwriting is so lazy.
Still waiting for it to sink in but really hasn't yet.. I am not giving up on this yet but so far so not really good..

Haven't heard the new album yet but they are one of my favourite bands.

Gave up on them after Wasting Light, Dave needs to get back with the Vultures.

I've only listened to the new album in passing so can't form much of an opinion yet but I will say, Run is a tremendous bit of Rock.
It's easily the best song on the album, sky is a neighbourhood is catchy, there's a couple which are bang average and the rest is terrible.

Still my fave band just for the first 8 tracks on their greatest hits, couldn't care less about the rest really.

Gave up on them after Wasting Light, Dave needs to get back with the Vultures.

Funny, I actually thought Wasting Light was their strongest album in years, mostly because it recaptured some of the fierce intensity the band showed in their first few albums. Sonic Highways was a major letdown, though.

Have not heard the newest album yet aside of "Run", which is a strong song IMO. Receiption has been fairly positive from what I read so far, though.

I actually really like the new album, much better than sonic highways. Then again, I'm a big fan. I think this is one of their most interesting albums though. Certainly for a long time.

Not heard Foo Fighters a lot but was at the O2 and they seem to be coming there soon.

Not really a fan of their new album. Only liked 3 songs. They sound a bit different? Are they going down a different path like LP did towards the end?

How did I not know a new album was out, my all time favorite band, Christ I have a Foo Fighters tattoo.

Funny, I actually thought Wasting Light was their strongest album in years, mostly because it recaptured some of the fierce intensity the band showed in their first few albums. Sonic Highways was a major letdown, though.

Have not heard the newest album yet aside of "Run", which is a strong song IMO. Receiption has been fairly positive from what I read so far, though.

I liked it too, I just didn't keep it in rotation for very long. The songs themselves were decent but I didn't find them to have very much replay value.

How did I not know a new album was out, my all time favorite band, Christ I have a Foo Fighters tattoo.
I'm a big fan but believe me you're not missing out on the album.

Not really a fan of their new album. Only liked 3 songs. They sound a bit different? Are they going down a different path like LP did towards the end?
Mate I don't think they went down the Lost Prophets route and I think its bad taste you even brought that up.
Oh you mean linkin park.

Run is fecking excellent...a proper barnstorming, ear bleeding, rock out, tune...

The rest of the album is a little too soft, I prefer Foo Fighters when they're thrashing the guitar and screaming down the microphone...

Run is fecking excellent...a proper barnstorming, ear bleeding, rock out, tune...

The rest of the album is a little too soft, I prefer Foo Fighters when they're thrashing the guitar and screaming down the microphone...
Yeah, you're spot on there, that's exactly what I wanted too.

I agree, Wasting Light is really good I think

White Limo :drool:

Watched the Back and Forth documentary last night about the band up until Wasting Light. Really enjoyed it.

New album is taking a bit of time to get into however..

Yeah, you're spot on there, that's exactly what I wanted too.

Concrete and Gold really grew on me in the end...

Went to watch them last night at the Etihad, and they were amazingly good...

They were great at the O2 when I seen them last year (when they did a cameo with Rick Astley). One of the few bands I would pay decent money to see again. Dave Grohl is just electric.

I'm so hyped! Seeing them at the Olympic stadium this Saturday. First gig in a long while I've been really excited to see and it's actually my choice!

Saw them in November, fantastic show. Up there in my top 5 shows and I've been to close to 500 gigs

Really enjoyed Friday afternoon/evening. Easily the best gig I've been to in the last couple of years, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes were fantastic and Wolf Alice were very good too.

I've heard a few moans about the amount of messing around between songs but it adds to the entertainment of it for me, I didn't find it excessive, if you want that try seeing Green Day because Billie Joe is full of that and it does get tiresome.

I've been to a lot of gigs and I was disgusted at the prices at London Stadium, £6.40 for a Heineken, they advertise it as a pint and it's poured from a bottle and just makes the halfway point of the cup! £9.00 for a hot dog and £4.40 for a bag of chocolate. I get the venue want to make a profit but there's doing that and then there's just being greedy, they're the latter. The make the main UK festivals look like Aldi in comparison.

Really enjoyed Friday afternoon/evening. Easily the best gig I've been to in the last couple of years, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes were fantastic and Wolf Alice were very good too.

I've heard a few moans about the amount of messing around between songs but it adds to the entertainment of it for me, I didn't find it excessive, if you want that try seeing Green Day because Billie Joe is full of that and it does get tiresome.

I've been to a lot of gigs and I was disgusted at the prices at London Stadium, £6.40 for a Heineken, they advertise it as a pint and it's poured from a bottle and just makes the halfway point of the cup! £9.00 for a hot dog and £4.40 for a bag of chocolate. I get the venue want to make a profit but there's doing that and then there's just being greedy, they're the latter. The make the main UK festivals look like Aldi in comparison.
Agreed, fantastic gig couldn't fault the Foo's.

London stadium however is a joke, it was so poorly organised for drinks etc. You had queues of 50-60 people going across the entrance to seating. Complete rip off and 90% of them were cash only!