Fletcher, Fabregas, Jenas and Carrick....

kanchelskis14

As everyone says, CM is one of the hardest positions for a young player to play in. In order, i'd just like to see how people rank these four, who are, off the top of my head, the best few young ones in the league.

I would please like to see an order of where they lie now, and a list showing the order of their potential and where they can end up.

Right now;

1. Fabregas
2. Carrick
3. Fletcher
4. Jenas

Potential;

1. Fabregas
2. Carrick
3. Jenas
4. Fletcher

Fabregas is very good for his age I think, he's about four or five years younger than the other three and already better IMO. Carrick has looked good again since moving to Tottenham and could get his career back on track. I don't hold out much hope for Jenas and Flethcer to be honest.

Fabregas
Fletcher
Carrick
Jenas

Fletcher, I believe if given the opportunity will do the job for United in the centre. He has the potential to be a good playmaker for United, but the boy must play in the middle not on the right.

Fabregas, given is age is an outstanding player. Very composed on the ball and has good vision and technique.

Fair enough. My opinion:

Present:
1.Fabregas
2.Jenas
3.Carrick
4.Fletcher

Potential:
1.Jenas
2.Fabregas
3.Fletcher
4.Carrick

Agreed, Carrick looks very good at the moment, but i think Fletcher will go further simply because he plays for United, and probably will do for the rest of his career considering how we do things, and Carrick plays for Spurs.

I'm torn between Jenas and Cesc. I reckon Jenas has massive potential, and just needs to get himself out of St. James' asap. I reckon if he went to United or Arsenal, we'd be talking about a monster in 2 years time, while Cesc obviously is and will be top draw.

Present:
1.Carrick
2.Fletcher
3.Fabregas
4.Jenas

Potential:
1.Fabregas
2.Fletcher
3.Carrick
4.Jenas

Fabregas is good, but way overated.

Present:

1. Carrick
2. Jenas
3. Fletcher
4. Fabregas

Potential:

1. Fabregas
2. Fletcher
3. Carrick
4. Jenas

I'd be surprised if Jenas learns to play the game as maturely as Carrick. Maybe if he moves clubs, though.

Present
1.Fabregas
2.Fletcher
3.Jenas
4.Carrick
Potential
1.Fabregas
2.Fletcher
3.Jenas
4.Carrick
hey its the same
my 2 cents :)

Fabregas
Jenas
Fletcher
Carrick

It will pretty much stay that way, the gap between Cesc and the rest will increase tho...

Now:

1: Carrick
2: Fabregas
3: Fletcher
4: Jenas

Potential:

1: Fabregas
2: Jenas
3: Fletcher
4: Carrick

#1 Fletcher - simply because he has that determination to succeed! May take a while longer but he'd make it.

marcus agrippa said:
you're having a laugh, surely....
No, he's 24, and unlike Fletcher and Fabregas, can't hold his own against top opposition.
Same goes for Jenas

noodlehair said:
No, he's 24, and unlike Fletcher and Fabregas, can't hold his own against top opposition.
Same goes for Jenas
Fletcher has held his own against top opposition??? He cant force his way into the starting line up at Man Utd. Fabregas will play alot more this coming season with Vieira gone so I can see him developing into an excellent player. Carrick is good and will benefit from a prolonged run in the spurs team. Jenas is light and I dont really rate him but he is good on the ball and a solid performer. I dont see fletcher breaking into the first team this year and united will sign players ahead of him. He could go the way of Chadwick!

Stick said:
Fletcher has held his own against top opposition??? He cant force his way into the starting line up at Man Utd. Fabregas will play alot more this coming season with Vieira gone so I can see him developing into an excellent player. Carrick is good and will benefit from a prolonged run in the spurs team. Jenas is light and I dont really rate him but he is good on the ball and a solid performer. I dont see fletcher breaking into the first team this year and united will sign players ahead of him. He could go the way of Chadwick!

Do you think Arsenal is a top opposition?

If I am not totally mistaken, Fletcher has started two FA Cup finals on the trot, with more or less everyone fit for selection. If that is not being in the starting line up for United, then what is? :confused:

Stick said:
Fletcher has held his own against top opposition??? He cant force his way into the starting line up at Man Utd.

Please do check United's stats from the last season with and without Fletcher. The difference is way too big to be coincidence.

Now:
1.Fletcher
2.Fabregas
3.Jenas
4.Carrick

Potential:
1.Fabregas
2.Fletcher
3.Jenas
4.Carrick

Fletcher got always the stick (unintentional pun) even when others were not in form, because they are superstars and Darren is a skinny Scot.

Same goes with every so-called utility player. Why look further than Fortune or Phil although they had actually played their hearts out. Reliable squad players who don't blow things up are always needed. With the money we'd get from selling them we couldn't get more reliable, loyal and versatile players.

Our first choice for every position is playing or has played for his national team, and at least four of them have captained their side. You can't get more of them to sit on the bench. Only way is to upgrade, not acquire more stars.

Stick said:
Yes, he's held his own against Chelsea and Arsenal respectively on more than 1 occasion.

Fabregas hasn't been in the game when he's played against us, but ran the game at Highbury against the rent boys, and is technically superior to the other 3.

Carrick's only been back in the premiership less than a year, dissapears too easily, can't/wont tackle people, has no impact against decent teams (give me evidence to the contrary). If were talking decent young players, he's only 1 year younger than Gerrard

Jenas looked a promising young player 2 - 3 years ago, and still looks exactly the same player now. No improvement at all.

Present:
1- Fábregas
2- Jenas
3- Fletcher
4- Carrick

Potential:
1- Fábregas
2- Jenas
3- Carrick
4- Fletcher

Cesc Fábregas is very big!! His potential is unlimited :) .

uh oh

I don't remember this thread, and nor do I agree with myself at all