Finally: Flags in the Stretford End and new banner space

Speaking of Old Trafford memories, there was a game a few years ago when they had someone from a television series come out at half time as he was shooting a "dream sequence" from his show where he scored at old Trafford,.

Any ideas?

Latest Update:

We are looking into the possibility that the SEF banner space will be extended to include all of the Old Trafford Tiers. This would allow us to place some of the current unused banners around the tiers on the Sir Alex stand, quadrants and East stand. We will also be looking to make a new banner to be placed within that space. All banner design ideas and suggestions are welcome. Reflecting the history of Manchester United. We will also assess the condition of the original banners, that are on the back wall of Stretford End tier 2, to see if these can be used.

We will also assess the condition of the original banners, that are on the back wall of Stretford End tier 2, to see if these can be used.

We are also looking into incoporating space for YOUR own flags onto the tiers. (However, these would be subject to height requirements). We also hope to bring you some more news on the Old Trafford surfer flag within the next couple of days

Designs for consideration can still be submitted.

Here's the design chosen by Gary Neville, going to cost £9,600 to produce.

TRtRZVY.png

hrKd5wA.jpg
SEF Super Surfer "Busby Babes" tribute Flag revealed

Just upping because SEF are halfway to meeting their target.

One season ticket holder donated £500. My money's on Sults ;)

Stingy bastards, Bebe's on more than that a day - sure they could cover it :D

I like the idea, i'd heard the one in the OP was being surfed on Sunday?

Stingy bastards, Bebe's on more than that a day - sure they could cover it :D

I like the idea, i'd heard the one in the OP was being surfed on Sunday?

Are you talking about this one?

Qz9hHVX-620x323.jpg
Read on quite a few United blogs today that the surfer/banner in tribute to the Busby babes will be unveiled at the Everton game.

Ah right, yeah that'll be it mate.

Was hoping so as i'm taking my little brother in Stretty lower, and he'll love that.

Was hoping so as i'm taking my little brother in Stretty lower, and he'll love that.

The surfer looks fantastic, so will look great when its on display at the game. A huge well done for everyone involved in making it happen.

Correct mate

The Stretford End Busby Babes surfer flag will be unveiled as the teams line up in the tunnel shortly before kick off on Sunday. The surfer flag design was chosen by Gary Neville, who stated that the image of the Busby Babes last ever line up is used by Mancheter United to inspire and motivate the players. We hope that this flag will inspire and motivate not only the players, but the Old Trafford crowd as it makes its way over the Stretford end lower for all big home games.

For the Everton game, the flag will be laid out at the players tunnel side of the Stretford End and it will surf across the stand, before being retrieved by stewards before it gets to the corner quadrant. Please conform with the stewards when they ask for it to be put away. We envisage that the flag will remain out during the teams pre-match handshake.

The funding for this giant flag has come from Stretford End Flags (SEF), Gary Neville and Manchester United. In order to provide our part of the funding, we have collected fans donations towards this flag. We have a target figure of £2,000 that we need to raise and to date we have collected £1,200. Fans can make a donation via the information on our donation page or by sending a paypal payment to stretfordendflags@hotmail.com