Finally: Flags in the Stretford End and new banner space

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
We have had some very positive news from Manchester United this morning. United are now in favour of the use of surfer flags within Old Trafford and we will be looking into the possibility of how we can best use these surfer flags for the bigger games and European games. We currenly have a large MUFC club Crest surfer as seen in the attached pic and we will also be seeking ideas for a new surfer banner design, which we hope to get funded and produced. (These surfer flags cost in the region of £5,000).

cPNsp.jpg

We will also be allocated more space within Old Trafford to hang banners, so banners will no longer be restricted to The Stretford End. We will look into getting the Sir Alex 25 years banner fixed on the Sir Alex Ferguson stand and also into using other banners on the remaining stands.

Once we have more information, we will keep you updated, but in the meantime, keep thinking of ideas for a new surfer flag

This is fecking great news for the fans and atmosphere around Old Trafford. Apparently the Madrid game is being lined up to trial this :D

Article Source

http://www.stretfordendflags.com/

I think the current (and best) idea I saw was something like "We'll never die" with a picture of the line up from '58. Something like that, looked quality in any case. I'll try find it.

Correct early front runner

A_xVUZDCQAAbnsV.jpg:large

Great idea but unfortunately it won't mask the people under the flags who will fail to sing for the majority of the 90 minutes!

There is that, there's also this one with the red:

2e5846v.jpg
You're right K Stand, but imagine if when City come to OT, or any other big games, and we roll that out, it'd look bloody good.

Incidentally, does anyone know when Tier 1 stopped singing? Or did it all just move to Tier 2 when the extra tier was added?

I'm trying to find the logistics on how this would work. Would the flag just surf in the stretty or around the ground into the family stand and so on? Presumably somebody at the club would collect the flag afterwards?

Also, it cant do anything but improve the passion before a game so I'm all fecking for it.

Edit: Nice one Liam same flag shown how it would look on the stretty.

Agreed Liam but that is what is the most frustrating thing. The crowd for the Bitters, Chavs and Dippers is always immense but the pathetic for 90% of other games, and probably 99% if you exclude the very late knockout stages of the CL.

The atmosphere should always be great, not just occasionally when our biggest rivals rock up! Take Weds, for example, an evening FA Cup game against a Premiership teams and the atmosphere should be cracking but it won't be. It's only going to get worse and having banners floating around the ground will not change it.

Anyways, lets not derail this thread with a different topic. The banners and flags will only help and will look awesome. The one posted above looks quality

Can we have that flag but with some Irish on it too?

I know United & Ireland have a historical connection but I'm not sure I agree with this. United are an English club after all. It would feel to me like pandering to the Irish United support base, which seems unnecessary. Just my 2 pen'north

I know United & Ireland have a historical connection but I'm not sure I agree with this. United are an English club after all. It would feel to me like pandering to the Irish United support base, which seems unnecessary. Just my 2 pen'north

As a plastic Paddy, I'd have to agree. I'd like to keep the flags strictly United related. The Red flag one is brilliant. It'd be criminal not to have a celebratory Fergie one too, he's had some brilliant quotes over the years to adorn a surfer.

As a plastic Paddy, I'd have to agree. I'd like to keep the flags strictly United related. The Red flag one is brilliant. It'd be criminal not to have a celebratory Fergie one too, he's had some brilliant quotes over the years to adorn a surfer.

Agree'd

I'd like to see a class of 92 banner.

It was just a joke carried over from the Northern Ireland thread. It was a shit one though so not really worth explaining.

Didn't this happen in the past? I remember being in the family stand as a kid and always wishing the thing would pass over me.

Didn't this happen in the past? I remember being in the family stand as a kid and always wishing the thing would pass over me.

there definitely was a 'surfer' flag that went all round the ground at some point in the past - I cant really remember when it disappeared

It was just a joke carried over from the Northern Ireland thread. It was a shit one though so not really worth explaining.

Ahhh - you know I actually thought after I posted that that it was probably a joke! You sneaky sod, almost opened up a can of worms in this thread ;)

Would be cool seeing those flags going around the ground before the game. In terms of the one with words on it, would that actually be easily readable if the thing is creased and rippling as it moves, or would the message be lost some what if the text isn't bigger?

That's brilliant, a lot better than the Van Persie one IMO.

You're completely missing the point. The rvp one is a banner suggestion, the surfer flag is the babes. You know the difference between a flag and a banner?

You're completely missing the point. The rvp one is a banner suggestion, the surfer flag is the babes. You know the difference between a flag and a banner?

Don't be a cnut.

Yeah I know the difference, I'm not on about whether one is a banner and one is a flag. My point is one is good the other is fecking shite.

Don't be a cnut.

Yeah I know this difference, I'm not on about whether one is a banner and one is a flag. My point is one is good the other is fecking shite.

I'm not so chill out, they don't need to be compared the RVP one isn't even a candidate for a surfer flag.

Calm down.

:lol: Don't be a dick then taking the piss with patronising questions, just because I didn't like your little banner.

Anyway, the flag suggestion is quality.

:lol: Don't be a dick then taking the piss with patronising questions, just because I didn't like your little banner.

Anyway, the flag suggestion is quality.

I'm not one of those either and I wasn't being patronising, it was a tongue-in-cheek joke, lighten the feck up. The babes is a flag suggestion the rvp a banner one. I thought posters would like to see what is being touted. Finally,I couldn't give a shiny feck if you like the banner or not.

Not to be downer... but I fecking hate "surfer" flags. Sure, they look nice for the folks watching on tele, but when you're caught under one for ages it's bloody annoying.

Holding up a piece of card that makes up part of a larger picture/word is a much better option I think...

Agreed Liam but that is what is the most frustrating thing. The crowd for the Bitters, Chavs and Dippers is always immense but the pathetic for 90% of other games, and probably 99% if you exclude the very late knockout stages of the CL.

The atmosphere should always be great, not just occasionally when our biggest rivals rock up! Take Weds, for example, an evening FA Cup game against a Premiership teams and the atmosphere should be cracking but it won't be. It's only going to get worse and having banners floating around the ground will not change it.

Anyways, lets not derail this thread with a different topic. The banners and flags will only help and will look awesome. The one posted above looks quality

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Not to be downer... but I fecking hate "surfer" flags. Sure, they look nice for the folks watching on tele, but when you're caught under one for ages it's bloody annoying.

Holding up a piece of card that makes up part of a larger picture/word is a much better option I think...

You're right but feck me if they're hard to organise.

Top one would be great... if it was the proper crest and not that abomination.