Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wouldn't. This bizarre thought that Blind is great in midfield is weird. He played there his first season, was thoroughly uninspired then replaced by Fellaini for the second half of the season who was great.

This.

I'd be surprised if this was true, more so because of how light we are in that area. If Jose think Pereira is up to it and we sign an midfielder (which we surely will) then we have an extra body in there compared with the second half of last season and he may think that's enough and we can sell Fellaini. Jose does generally prefer to work with reasonably small squads.

I really can't see this happening, makes no sense selling him at this time.

I'm not sure we do.

Lukaku, Martial and Persic are a good front three. Rashord, Mata and Mkhitaryan are able deputies/replacements.

Lingard can then transition into midfield as cover for Pogba. He's played there a few times and offers a lot in the role. Probably more than he does on the wing. As much as anything, it'll be his running that Perisic would replace.

Behind them, Herrera, Carrick, Pereira + AN Other will be enough. Tuanzebe can step in in a crisis.

You have got to be kidding. In a 2-3 man midfield we currently have Carrick (Fosu Mensah), Pogba (Fellaini), Herrera (Pereira). If we lose Fellaini and use Tuanzebe you think we will win a league with just 3 senior midfielders? We need 2 in, I could see Dendoncker coming and another also, because 1 is no longer enough.

You have got to be kidding. In a 2-3 man midfield we currently have Carrick (Fosu Mensah), Pogba (Fellaini), Herrera (Pereira). If we lose Fellaini and use Tuanzebe you think we will win a league with just 3 senior midfielders? We need 2 in, I could see Dendoncker coming and another also, because 1 is no longer enough.
:lol: I literally address that in the rest of the post

Lovely, hope it's true!

We are linked to CM/DM like Matic and Dier who are very different from Fellanni. Sometimes route one football is very important in EPL. Imagine if we are chasing a game and commit lots of players in opposition area, Fellanni can be very useful focal point and most EPL team can't handle his aerial threat. This will be more crucial in some CL games when we are being pressed by opponent's highline pressure/possession game. That's when Fellanni can be the focal point to release the pressure and start counter attack.

He is also very useful when we want to protect our lead and sit deep. He is very good in defending high balls.

Fellanni also scored important goals and contribute to our attacks.

I know he has his faults and limitations. All I'm saying is that he is worth keeping and is a very useful squad player.

I thought Mourinho really liked him? :confused:

EDIT: check his Wikipedia page :D

Last edited:
There's going to be a lot of irony whenever he leaves. He's probably been the most disliked player at United in recent seasons (except for maybe Di Maria?) yet he's had important moments that have helped us to win what trophies we've managed post-SAF...I respect him for making something out of what looked like a hopeless situation when Moysey first signed him. But you can see in games like against Barcelona this week that we need to look elsewhere for serious league and CL contention.

Having said that, we had better make sure that we've got the replacements for our MF before we cut any more veteran players out. I don't think we can realistically compete for anything with a MF that will see TFM, Pereira, or Tuanzebe getting minutes in the most important games, which we might well see if our injury history keeps up.

I thought Mourinho really liked him? :confused:
I think Lukaku does everything Fellaini can do in the final third, and a shiny new DM could be about to come in to do everything he does in midfield.

There's plenty to like about Fellaini, but his contribution is mostly about providing missing ingredients rather than adding something extra to the side. If those ingredients can be found in others on the pitch, he becomes surplus to requirements.

Imagine getting rid of Rooney and Fellaini in one summer. It's like all of Moyes' terrible work will finally be undone :D

Conflicted, him leaving would be bad because of our midfield becoming incredibly light, but suggests we definitely have a replacement/upgrade planned. He always gives his all though and clearly loves playing for the club which I value more than lethargic underperforming superstars, but hes just not good enough for that to carry him tbh. Also suggests Mourinho will let Pereira get a healthy amount of games which is just :drool::drool:

I can't see him leaving. Would make sense if he's on high wages and the club would rather sell him than offer him a new deal. Jose seems to rate though, so it would be a surprise.

Dendoncker? Why is everyone saying he is coming? I know our scouts went to watch his game, but it doesn't mean he is sure thing. Or maybe I'm missing something. Or is it whishful thinking

True. There again, scouts aren't sent for LULZ and usually by the time they are spotted, most of the dirty work is already done.

In reality its all an educated guess built on having 2 players per role.

DM: Matic, Dendoncker
B2B: Herrera, Pogba
No 10: Mata, Mkhitaryan, Periera

Fellaini sticks in that like a big sore thumb who can't play football

Nah, Fellaini is jomo's love child, no way he'll get rid of him. I also wouldn't want him to go tbh, he may not be a first team player in our eyes, but he is a cracking squad player and can turn in some very decent performances.

Again Blind Isn't a midfielder... Played three seasons here and had been tried once. If Fellaini leaves we need two cm.
No it wouldn't. This bizarre thought that Blind is great in midfield is weird. He played there his first season, was thoroughly uninspired then replaced by Fellaini for the second half of the season who was great.

No-one said Blind was great in midfield. I said he'd be a large upgrade on Fellaini, who is even less of a midfielder than Blind.

I hope this isn't true, contrary to caf belief he is a very useful squad player, not sure what his average rating was on here last year but I'd guess it was (or should have been) higher than most.

Jose loves him too much to sell him. He'll probably play 40 games next season sadly!

Can't see this being true at all. As much as we do need to improve on him, unless we get 2 more bodies in or replace him with a genuinely fantastic player, we should keep him right now.

He isn't THAT bad, and leaving us 1 more body short in a position we are already weak would be ridiculous.

That's not true.

Fellaini is an upper mid table number 10 or a relegation fodder central midfielder. Blind would play in midfield for most mid-table teams.

That's my view anyway.

Can't see this being true at all. As much as we do need to improve on him, unless we get 2 more bodies in or replace him with a genuinely fantastic player, we should keep him right now.

He isn't THAT bad, and leaving us 1 more body short in a position we are already weak would be ridiculous.

He is that bad. He's no DM, he's a horrible no 10 and he can't pass the ball.

That myth that Fellaini brings something different needs to die. I mean he does bring something different but I really don't want to see us play disjointed long ball football when he is in the team.
If he goes and we sign only 1 dm/cm, Pereira will definitely take his spot and I'm more than happy with this.

Fellaini is an upper mid table number 10 or a relegation fodder central midfielder. Blind would play in midfield for most mid-table teams.

That's my view anyway.
You're fooling yourself if you think that. There's a reason our last two managers have preferred Fellaini over Blind in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.