Federico Chiesa

It would actually make sense. Especially if structured as an agreement to buy the player from the other. Can benefit the books more that way. £60m going each way on 5 year deals would free up £48m for our spendings (amortization) and give us a player that's at worst not going to do less for us than Sancho.

Edit: less than £48m as Sancho still has time left on his contract but still maybe a good deal.

Sancho will be training with the youth team / reserves.

Therefore, anything is better.

Also he's a better goal threat than Sancho.

Rather keep Sancho and have the new management knock some sense into his head.

Used to be a very good player but didn't impress me when I watched him play for Italy recently. I'd pass.

Injuries have affected him. Absolutely lined up for a classic Italian drift followed by a renaissance and signing for Inter / AC /Roma when he’s about 33 and getting the golden boot.

Looked awful at the Euros.

Never been the same since the ACL it seems. Shame as he was one of best prospects in Europe my kind of winger . Quick direct and runs at the full back. I have heard Villa might get him. Unai Emery must think he can get him back to his best. Could be a good fit for Villa

Unfortunate for him but the last thing this squad needs is another injury case study.

It's a no from me - I've heard great thing about him for years from my Italian friends, but it seems like he never really reached his full potential and it doesn't seems he ever will. Also AFAIK he only looked really good in the role of right-footed inverted left forward, which is pretty much how Garnacho plays. Good player, but I think we should look elsewhere.

Chiesa + Cash, sure. I'm not sure a straight swap is a great deal at his age and with his injury record.

What a player he looked before that ACL though, brilliant.

If people think the likes of Sancho and Anthony are frustrating to watch wait till we get this guy!

He’d be a great loan for a season with him and Amad splitting the minutes for that RW position, if we can get rid of Antony as well as Sancho. We would still have Garnacho who can play on the right too.

Probably an unjustifiable expense/risk if we’re still paying Antony’s wages though.

He is not very good. In my view, the team would benefit from some creativity in the forward line, but there are better options than Chiesa.

Let's try to find or wait for a Salah/Saka/Yamal/Palmer type left footed winger instead of settling for guys like Chiesa. Or try everything to get Nico Williams. We need someone that improves the team. Chiesa doesn't really solve anything for us when we have Rashford, Garnacho and Amad already.

Chiesa
23/24 - 37 apps, 10 goals, 3 assists, 1 trophy (Coppa Italia)
22/23 - 33 apps, 4 goals, 6 assists, 0 trophies
Notes:
- Regular experience with top club (Juventus)
- Won international top honors (Euros 2021)
- Understands what it’s like to be a good player in a shit team (Euros 2024)
- Unknown PL experience
- Injury record (missed 27 games in 2 years)
- Good dribbling though not tested in PL
- Known for energy and work rate
- Roughly £152k per week

Sancho
23/24 - 24 apps, 3 goals, 1 assist, 0 trophies
22/23 - 41 apps, 7 goals, 3 assists, 1 trophy (League Cup, subbed on at 83’)
Notes:
- Hasn’t performed consistently at top club (United)
- Known discipline and fitness issues across multiple clubs
- Good dribbling but never replicated in PL
- Roughly £300k per week

For me I’d feel positively over a swap deal. I think we have good hungry young forwards who will compliment Chiesa’s work rate and passing ability to link up for goals. Certainly more than whatever the feck Italy NT had. I don’t think the pressure and high profile nature of the club will be a hindrance either. We don’t need to offer a long term contract and we need depth in a weak area of our game.

Sancho had a flop of a career at United and isn’t on greatest terms with ETH, so he comes with baggage. Seemed to have rediscovered his joy at Dortmund, and may fancy a different opportunity at Juventus. If the money is right, get it done.

If people think the likes of Sancho and Anthony are frustrating to watch wait till we get this guy!
I didn’t watch him a lot, but didn’t find him a frustrating player when I did, and his goal/assist stats are better. What did you notice that was frustrating?

He’d be a great loan for a season with him and Amad splitting the minutes for that RW position, if we can get rid of Antony as well as Sancho. We would still have Garnacho who can play on the right too.

Probably an unjustifiable expense/risk if we’re still paying Antony’s wages though.
Thing is, he hardly ever played RW lately, nevermind in a formation similar to the one ETH uses. He’s right footed but likes to cut inside, and he was most often deployed on the left side of the field. For a long while now Juve play 3-5-2 and he’s the left forward

Thing is, he hardly ever played RW lately, nevermind in a formation similar to the one ETH uses. He’s right footed but likes to cut inside, and he was most often deployed on the left side of the field. For a long while now Juve play 3-5-2 and he’s the left forward

Played there for Italy

Yeah and looked awful. For the club it is not often that he plays there

Wouldnt say awful at all, he was the most likely of their attackers to do something. Put some decent balls in and the most dribbles of his team and 2nd most shots after Pellegrini. But he didnt manage to get a goal or assist which is dissappointing from 3 starts and 1 sub.

I've always had a soft spot for him. Probably not the best transfer but I could see him being a fan favourite if he worked out here. Stranger things have happened.