Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Sure you can but you just know the moment you take out one of the big hitters is the moment you get stung...see TAA the other week and Toney this week. I didn't even check that he might drop before bringing him in because I genuinely didn't think people would take him out before Leeds at home.
I keep saying this but.. Trent isn't going anywhere. :lol: Hes still top for goal involvement.

Trent has always been fine and is pretty irrelevant given his ownership. But getting 4-5 defenders that cost a third of your budget hasnt been exactly perfect. Most have already moved to 3 up front.

I started with a big 5 of TAA, Robertson, James, Cancelo and Trippier, as we know all can haul, and it was a bit of hedging our bets of who will early season.
It's clear Liverpool aren't the force they were last year, plus Saliba emerged as a great option, so Robertson became Saliba.

Will monitor which/if any of the other 4 need shipping soon, as United have a couple of 4.4m guys, and Chelsea have one too.
Also awaiting how Anthony settles in, as I've left some wad to get on him instantly if needs be.

I went 4-3-3 this week and benched Saliba. It's nice to have options now that Europe is kicking off and rotation starts. Perisic and Kulu today would've wrecked a few teams.

This is it, it always feels a little dangerous having a single non player in the 15, let alone the 2-3 some start the season with to maximise the 11.

With Andreas in mid, and the raft of 4.4/4.5m defenders at top teams, and a starting 4m keeper at Leicester, there's never been less excuse to have bench coverage.

I started with a big 5 of TAA, Robertson, James, Cancelo and Trippier, as we know all can haul, and it was a bit of hedging our bets of who will early season.
It's clear Liverpool aren't the force they were last year, plus Saliba emerged as a great option, so Robertson became Saliba.

Will monitor which/if any of the other 4 need shipping soon, as United have a couple of 4.4m guys, and Chelsea have one too.
Also awaiting how Anthony settles in, as I've left some wad to get on him instantly if needs be.
Yeah starting with that setup was fine mainly because it allowed you to watch which options emerge.

This is it, it always feels a little dangerous having a single non player in the 15, let alone the 2-3 some start the season with to maximise the 11.

With Andreas in mid, and the raft of 4.4/4.5m defenders at top teams, and a starting 4m keeper at Leicester, there's never been less excuse to have bench coverage.
Also 5 subs means less chances of bench guys coming on.

Also 5 subs means less chances of bench guys coming on.

Yep, that's definitely an underlooked development this season.
Had last year's winner of my league moaning at not getting Mitro off the bench for just this reason.

Need halaand to blank here. Captained Salah last minute and everyone has it on haaland. I have Toney when most in my league don’t so it’ll be a good week as long as he blanks.

Trippier has had a really quietly effective season for points so far.

7-7-6-2-0-and 8 today.

West Ham, Bournemouth and Fulham up next.

Wildcard was justified. Got rid of Salah and Robertson and Toney hauled so that was good. Shame about TAA but not looking like a big scoring week for everyone again

Got away with Bilva doing nothing after I shipped him.
Left the room, and somehow Villa have scored?! Talk about against the run of play.

City defenders wipe out already disaster week points. The fall from last week is insane

Miracle recovery for Martinez. Looked like he'd been shot a few minutes back.

Fair play to Bailey owners, you deserved those points after all the price drop you've have to endure.

Poor round, but City and Liverpool dropping points so a win tomorrow take me back in title race.

53 with Arsenal trio to go. Mixed bag but will take it.

Feel that will be a very good score.

With bonuses, I have 41 with Martinelli, Jesus and Brighton's Sanchez to play.
Will gladly see me finishing with 47 with a Martinelli and Jesus blank.

42 points here ,with Sanchez,Gross and Jesus to go. My arsenal defence is benched so I need united to score!

( 53 with bonus )

Last edited:
Shite week unless you own Toney.