Gaming Fallout 4

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Looks like the desert again...

Edit: Boston

Clicking on that image and looking at the detail...doesn't look too great.

Edit - I'm starting to think that it might be cross gen. Maybe they will announce 360 and PS3 versions afterwards. Wont be the first time a publisher has done that I think

Bwuk

I've never played the other ones, but I'm falling into the hype for this one big time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Clicking on that image and looking at the detail...doesn't look too great.

Edit - I'm starting to think that it might be cross gen. Maybe they will announce 360 and PS3 versions afterwards. Wont be the first time a publisher has done that I think
There might be two versions of the game IMO. Sort of like Ubi did with Ass Creed.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
There might be two versions of the game IMO. Sort of like Ubi did with Ass Creed.
Doubt they would be able to make two different Fallout Games. Ubisoft have like 1000 people in the development team and god knows how many studios making AssCreed.

The oil drums and fire in the second picture look so dodgy. These shots were leaked though weren't they? Maybe its compression or something...will wait to see the rest

Berbaclass

Doubt they would be able to make two different Fallout Games. Ubisoft have like 1000 people in the development team and god knows how many studios making AssCreed.

The oil drums and fire in the second picture look so dodgy. These shots were leaked though weren't they? Maybe its compression or something...will wait to see the rest
Not completely different, just a next-gen and last-gen version.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Not completely different, just a next-gen and last-gen version.
That could also explain why they are still using the same game engine. I thought they would move on from gamebryo by now.

Berbaclass

Any guesses on release?

I assuming we'll find out a timeframe at E3 but would anyone care take an educated guess?

stu_1992

Thank feck it's not cross gen. Trailer looks cool, but nothing more than a tease. Genuinely excited by this.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
To be honest...it may aswell be cross gen with that shitty old engine. I liked the 1.24 running sequence of that boy in the hat...made me lol
Noticed that too and rolled my eyes. The animations looked a bit shit. Slapping a new, colourful coat of paint on that engine doesn't fill me with confidence. Speaking protagonist though, finally.

Danny Boi

Any guesses on release?

I assuming we'll find out a timeframe at E3 but would anyone care take an educated guess?
If I had to make a guess and was optimistic,I might say that they have revealed quite a lot in that trailer instead of just a small teaser,they are making a big deal out of advertising preorders immediately and there are rumours of a 20-30 minute demo at E3.Add to that one of their bosses saying they wanted to shorten announcement to release times(previously roughly a year long),I don't think we're a year away from release.November of this year is my guess.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Not interested in the slightest until it's confirmed Bethesda aren't developing it themselves. Skyrim & Fallout 3 are vapid, empty, soulless experiences which rank as two of my most overrated games of all time.
Take that back.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Those player models are genuinely awful. As nice as the lighting looks, jesus some of those models look shit compared to Half Life 2, a game that's 11 years old.

JackXX

Did anyone play the Fallout games before? IDK what everyone's expecting it looks fine. The trailer was awesome I'm so hyped

Edit: my hopeful prediction it's out in November. :)

b82REZ

Meh.

I don't think this will live up to the hype. I'm not usually bothered about graphics but they do look poor, lighting aside. I get the impression it was intended for last gen at some point.

Berbaclass

If I had to make a guess and was optimistic,I might say that they have revealed quite a lot in that trailer instead of just a small teaser,they are making a big deal out of advertising preorders immediately and there are rumours of a 20-30 minute demo at E3.Add to that one of their bosses saying they wanted to shorten announcement to release times(previously roughly a year long),I don't think we're a year away from release.November of this year is my guess.
I think that sounds about right TBH. It looks pretty advanced and it was a good length. Late November is my guess also.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Did anyone play the Fallout games before? IDK what everyone's expecting it looks fine. The trailer was awesome I'm so hyped

I expected it to not have the look of a last gen game. Graphically it really is underwhelming from what you would expect when you see the likes of The Witcher and Dragon Age.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

I have. It just looks like Fallout 3 all over again, and while I fecking loved that game I expected a game that's 7 years newer to at least look better and not rely on all same ticks as the previous game.

Shark

@NotShark
I do agree that the visuals are nothing special. It looks like it could run comfortably on a PS3/360. I know it's how it plays that ultimately counts, but it's still a bit disappointing none the less.

Danny Boi

The art style looks to be more cartoony and colourful than previous games. I also noticed that some of the guns in the images seem to be customised. It would be really cool if there was proper modification or even crafting of weapons in this game.I'm not really bothered about the graphics it's the location,characters and story and mechanics that are more important to me.I am hoping for a good improvement on the combat though.It was too much of running up a guys face and activating VATs in the last game.