View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like him, he wasn't set up for success in the RB role against City, but he showed eagerness to get stuck in. Even for the goal, it's just positioning but he still tried to put Silva off knowing he was compromised.

He's direct and likes to touch the hugline if needed. Rather keep him and move on Sancho. I want to see how Pellistri develops and would rather have him loaned. Can see him do a good job at say Ipswich, Southampton or Wolves.

I really like him, he wasn't set up for success in the RB role against City, but he showed eagerness to get stuck in. Even for the goal, it's just positioning but he still tried to put Silva off knowing he was compromised.

He's direct and likes to touch the hugline if needed. Rather keep him and move on Sancho. I want to see how Pellistri develops and would rather have him loaned. Can see him do a good job at say Ipswich, Southampton or Wolves.
The relegation side loans haven't been working for him. He's been very good for Uruguay.

Rather loan him to a (sub) top team in a lower league like Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Ligue 1, Portugal. Gets some decent goals/assists and you then sell him on for a good fee.

I like him as well. I see the point of testing him and Martinez for FB roles, theoretically it could be not crazy. I don’t think he did a bad job for a young winger, but I don’t think he’s going to provide a reasonable back up solution there either, so far. As he doesn’t in the winger position, at this level.

The relegation side loans haven't been working for him. He's been very good for Uruguay.

Rather loan him to a (sub) top team in a lower league like Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Ligue 1, Portugal. Gets some decent goals/assists and you then sell him on for a good fee.
He's not been loaned to a PL side. A team playing progressive football like Ipswich/Southampton or a mid table team like Wolves will suit him. The La Liga loan isn't really representative.

Yeah, you'd think being a starter for Bielsa at age 22 would be enough of a resume for some La Liga team to pay somewhere in that range for him. Seems like a player who could be a decent mid-table player at various wide positions for the next 10 years there, which would be well worth the money.
Yeah, I've been surprised at the lack of reports of any interest or bids for him.

He's a 22 year old whose established himself with Uruguay, and has played 50 times in La Liga and is on United's books. You'd think some mid table PL or La Liga club would be interested in him.

He's not been loaned to a PL side. A team playing progressive football like Ipswich/Southampton or a mid table team like Wolves will suit him. The La Liga loan isn't really representative.
They played progressive football in the Championship, just like Burnley.

These newly promoted teams are very difficult to predict. PL teams are often at times also way too rich, with big squads. Wolves have little to no incentive to keep playing a loaned player from United, they themselves have options of at least similar quality.

It is quite clear that he won't make it here at United, we just need to boost his profile efficiently and get some money for him. We don't need to PL prove him.

They played progressive football in the Championship, just like Burnley.

These newly promoted teams are very difficult to predict. PL teams are often at times also way too rich, with big squads. Wolves have little to no incentive to keep playing a loaned player from United, they themselves have options of at least similar quality.

It is quite clear that he won't make it here at United, we just need to boost his profile efficiently and get some money for him. We don't need to PL prove him.
Ehm? Ipswich did not play like Burnley in the Championship.
Wolves just lost their best winger.

Yeah, I've been surprised at the lack of reports of any interest or bids for him.

He's a 22 year old whose established himself with Uruguay, and has played 50 times in La Liga and is on United's books. You'd think some mid table PL or La Liga club would be interested in him.

I think that league just has no money outside the big 3. Betis and Sevilla haven't spent 5M on a player (that they didn't immediately re-sell for higher) this summer.

For what it's worth, I'd much rather keep Pellistri than Antony (the problem of course is that there is almost no chance of finding someone to take Antony off of our hands.)

Could argue he's down to 5th choice RW now in Eriks eyes

Amad -> Garnacho -> Sancho -> Anthony.

Then in the reserves we have the highly rated Shea Lacey that could look up in the next couple of years

Don't think he's quite been as bad as the lows of some the above and he was only a punt at €10 million, It's also worth just selling him for anything above £10 Million because he's out of contract next summer and unlikely to really feature enough to break through.

Average player in a position we have too many players.

Good move for everyone.

Hope we can offload Hannibal and Sancho before next week

Last year of contract, not a fit for EPL long term. Shrewd move by management.

Is the transfer fee too low? Sure £10M would have been better.

But if we got 50% sell-on then if he does make it over next 2-3 years we can get another £10-15M from that deal easily.

Plus we don't pay higher wages/signing bonus to him for renewal. Which alone would be £5M over next couple years. So really we are getting £10M and a future £10-15M if he makes it.

6M euros for Pellistri is decent, especially as his contract at United is expiring next year. 9 players including Pellistri have contract expiring in 2025, hopefully few more of them can be sold over next 10 days (Hannibal, McTominay, Lindelof, perhaps Eriksen).

Shame we aren't getting at least our money back for him. He's had some pretty shit loans and we need to learn from that.

Decent punt but hasn't worked out.

People are way too confident that United could get higher transfer fees than they're getting the last couple of years. There's nothing about Pellistri's output (or really any of the players they've sold) that suggests he's worth more than he's being sold for. If it were United spending any money at all on Pellistri, we'd all be fecking furious. They bought him based on potential and he hasn't shown any signs of reaching it, so they're getting what they can for him now, instead of paying him wages to sit on the bench and then letting him go for free. They're doing this with a lot of prospects who they don't think are going to make the first team:

Code:
Pellistri 6
Kwambwala 10
Carreras  6
Elanga    17.5
Kovar     5
Iqbal     1
Garner    10.4
Chong     1.75

That's almost €60 million on the types of mediocre players who, for the past decade or so, have been let go for free after sitting on the bench waiting for their contracts to expire.

I thought he was really naturally talented, amazing centre of gravity, good ability on the ball and gets into good positions. I think where he is now is down to really bad loan decisions. If he really wanted to make it in the EPL, he should have sought a loan to the championship or a lower Premier team. Everytime I saw him, he had all of the above bit it was meaningless because physically and possibly mentally, he could not cope with the pace and strength of this league. He was low risk at 12m, we lost 6m so not a disaster. I wish him all the best, I hope he has a great career.

Status
Not open for further replies.