Other Nationalities: Spain
157.png

Height: 174cm
Position: Forward - Right Winger
Squad Number: #28
Foot: Right
Player agent: Equipo TMA
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025​

Into his last year of his contract, a regular starter now for Uruguay and seemingly not in ETH plans.

Surely we need to sell him this summer to get something back.

Talented boy not suited to EPL.

Into his last year of his contract, a regular starter now for Uruguay and seemingly not in ETH plans.

Not suited for United, perhaps, but maybe for Fulham or Ipswich.

I tend to agree, I didn't think his performances for Utd, limited as they were, were really that good (though his directness at the time was refreshing). Much like Kambwala, won't get opportunities and really should be sold while there's the chance to do that.

Football is mad. I have watched this guy a lot and followed his career and have no idea how good he is. Half the time I think he should be closer to the first team squad; half the time I think he’d be lucky to have a championship playing career. He’s just been a regular finishing third in copa America but can’t get a good run in La Liga dross. Started some of our biggest games earlier in the season, wouldn’t be in our top six wingers at the moment.

He’s never been good enough for United. Very limited and will do well to have a career in the lower top flight leagues. Making a small FFP profit with a sell on would do…

Greek sportscasters suggesting interest from Panathinaikos - primarily because of his national team manager coaching the team.

Hard to believe they'd offer more than £2-4m upfront they're rather skint. Maybe 50-60% sell clause ? Still, rather unlikely. Most likely finds a PL team to take him on for 8-12m. Diallo Garnacho Antony is 1 too many options for him to play here.

Yeah, he's another one that needs shopping for everyone's sake. Feels like he's wasting his career here at this point.

I dont think he is that bad but since we also have Amad he needs to leave for his own sake. If you use Antony as the baseline though.. both Amad and Pellistri still have a chance if we strictly talk about performance

There's decent potential in him - though I don't think a very high ceiling - but he's unlikely to get the chances here next season and so we should be cashing in on him while he's still got a couple of years left on his deal (as we'd take up the option of the extra year).

Still young, 26 caps for Uruguay and a regular starter at the recent Copa America. Hopefully we'll be able to negotiate a decent deal for ourselves - whether that's a decent initial fee, or a cheaper one but with a higher sell on and buy back option.

We're lucky he's a Uruguayan international, we have have 15-20M from him. But it's clear at this point he has no future here.

He's 22 already, he's been here for 3 seasons now and it's remotely considered. Unless we're waiting his contract to run out we need to sell him in this window.

I like the lad, he gives his 100% every time he takes the field. That said he's just not got it, I'd imagine he will leave over the coming weeks.

We're lucky he's a Uruguayan international, we have have 15-20M from him. But it's clear at this point he has no future here.

He's 22 already, he's been here for 3 seasons now and it's remotely considered. Unless we're waiting his contract to run out we need to sell him in this window.

You can’t be serious. We’re more likely going to get a VDB like fee for him.

Everytime I watched him play for us I thought he looked pretty good, and was certainly worth persevering with, but it shows what I know, as it seems he is just yet another average fringe player that we are going to have to sell for peanuts.

You can’t be serious. We’re more likely going to get a VDB like fee for him.
He's an Uruguayan international, starter for them still fairly young and not on big wages. Why on earth wouldn't be able to get at least 15M?

We should be able to comfortably get 10m plus add ons for him. Which would be a nice fee. He’s an Uruguay regular, young, with plenty of potential. The fact he can’t get a look in here means someone is getting a great deal.

Good good, at this point pretty much any fee would not be detrimental to our FFP position would it? Really needs to go and play somewhere, and clearly not of the level we require.

Panathinaikos? Really? I don't imagine they have much cash to throw around.

There must be a global pact to not buy any of our players.

Good good, at this point pretty much any fee would not be detrimental to our FFP position would it? Really needs to go and play somewhere, and clearly not of the level we require.
We spent €10m on him and depreciated him over 5 years, with one year left on his contract he only has a book value of €2m so profit should be easy and apparently he is only on around €30k a week so that will make him more attractive as well - competent board should get 8 figures I would imagine for a young attacker who is an experienced international on low wages

£5-7mil with 50% sell-on would be sufficient.

I think we paid £9 million for him, he's a regular member of the Uruguay team, and looked decent when given a run out in the first team, not outstanding, but showed several outstanding pieces of skill. I would think we'd be looking for £10-£15 million, with a decent sell-on percentage, probably not a buy back clause, as we have Amad, Garnacho and hopefully Lacey in the future.

I would have hoped we would get an Elanga type fee (£15M). Hasn't had the first team opportunities at United to show if he is good enough (I doubt he is) but would be useful at a lot of mid table /Championship clubs.

They only "own" 50% of his rights though

No, they bought few days ago the rest of the 50% for almost nothing. (The owner of the team which held the 50% is notorious for corruption and scandals, he is just lucky that his team has no fan base to protest)

No, they bought few days ago the rest of the 50% for almost nothing. (The owner of the team which held the 50% is notorious for corruption and scandals, he is just lucky that his team has no fan base to protest)

Ah fair enough, I know Sporting were after him at one point but the 50% thing was holding it up at the time

Last edited:
Ah fairs enough, I know Sporting were after him at one point but the 50% thing was holding it up at the time

The 50% and the first offer by Ipswich really skyrocketed the value.
Ah fairs enough, I know Sporting were after him at one point but the 50% thing was holding it up at the time

However, I do think that they 7m quoted above is a bit to high for PAO, regardless of the sale of the strikert to bologna.

But the current pao manager, is the former Uruguay manager, so hopefully he will pressure to get it done even for 7 millions.

Been very good for Uruguay, the loans he went on were so stupid. Needs to play for an attacking team, even if it is a lower level. Think he'd be great in the Eredivisie as a right winger.

People expecting Panathinaikos to pay £15m-£20m for him is just an evidence of how out of touch PL fans are with reality. That’s the sort of money that only PL teams can pay for a squad player. Any other league you are only paying that for someone who has significant potential and has at least shown something, or in case of smaller league clubs - like Panathinaikos - they can pretty much not afford to pay that for anybody ever.

He’s got like 5 goals and 5 assist in his entire career. Nobody is paying serious money for him, the best we can get is to have someone agree to a substantial sell on %.

He was a fraction late but positioning wise he didn’t look completely lost and fundamentally he more or less did the right thing. I think he played wingback for Uruguay and for the most part their wingers knows how to defend.

Thought we'd at least get a 5/10m offer for him...
I would think we will get a reasonable offer before the window closes. I didn’t expect any real movement until he joined back up with the squad. His most recent loan was pretty successful compared to his earlier stints and he had a good summer with Uruguay. I think a deal on the 10-15M range would be realistic and we certainly should look to add a sell on clause. Might need to be a loan with obligation though due to how skint everyone seems to be right now.

Thought we'd at least get a 5/10m offer for him...

Yeah, you'd think being a starter for Bielsa at age 22 would be enough of a resume for some La Liga team to pay somewhere in that range for him. Seems like a player who could be a decent mid-table player at various wide positions for the next 10 years there, which would be well worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.