Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

This was a bit unexpected! The way the BBC are reporting this as a fact would very much show that its true and a bid has been made, and you would expect (hope!) that has been made having got assurances from both the club and player, that a deal is possible.

But so far, its been worth it just to see Pete's reaction :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
It's been said before, but Barca's silence is promising. They surely would have rejected it by now if they had absolutely no intention of selling.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
It's been said before, but Barca's silence is promising. They surely would have rejected it by now if they had absolutely no intention of selling.
Think Fabregas himself would be a much bigger stumbling block than Barca in all honesty, really doubt he would move to us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The last time the BBC reported a bid as fact was when RVP joined.

FAbregON!!!

With all jokes aside though, my head still hurts from the Thiago Alcuntara saga.

I do not think my poor heart can take another month of muppet madness :nervous:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Only last week I was infracted for abusing you Steve, but look at us now, best of ... enemies.

I'll get you, Steve, one day!

Your vagabond family stole my incinerator! Allegedly!

StuCol

Chimp
The last time the BBC reported a bid as fact was when RVP joined.

FAbregON!!!

With all jokes aside though, my head still hurts from the Thiago Alcuntara saga.

I do not think my poor heart can take another month of muppet madness :nervous:

You know you are going to get involved. You're here now.. there is no escape!

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I don't get why Barca has to reject anything publicly just because United has leaked an alleged bid for Fabregas?

Their "silence" doesn't say shit to be honest.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
We need RVP to get Cesc's 'little boy' to scream Man Utd.

And while he's at it, he can wrote on Cesc's ball too.

Cina

By now? It's been 4 hours.

The club already said this Summer they had no intention of selling him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think Fabregas himself would be a much bigger stumbling block than Barca in all honesty, really doubt he would move to us.
Right, I assume the club knows enough about Fabregas to know he'll at least consider moving here. They'd hardly bid for a player knowing he'd have no intention of joining. Also, Barcelona accepting a bid could also persuade Fabregas that his career lies elsewhere.

Anduin

I just can't believe we would submit an official bid without at least sounding out the agent/player before... it would be useless to talk to the club, and yeah, I'm aware it's not exactly legal, but common practise, to do it this way (i.e. tapping up without actually tapping up). This is what makes me raise an eyebrow... I guess we already talked to the agent (at least), and Barcelona haven't rejected the bid yet. So there might be a slight chance after all IMO.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't get why Barca has to reject anything publicly just because United has leaked an alleged bid for Fabregas?

Their "silence" doesn't say shit to be honest.
True, the bid might have already been rejected. They are not going to sell him for £26m and if we are indeed going to follow this with another bid, which is probably the case, then it'll take at least another 3-4 weeks to finalise this transfer knowing our speed when it comes to transfer sagas. We certainly won't sign him by the end of July.

StuCol

Chimp
True, the bid might have already been rejected. They are not going to sell him for £26m and if we are indeed going to follow this with another bid, which is probably the case, then it'll take at least another 3-4 weeks to finalise this transfer knowing our speed when it comes to transfer sagas. We certainly won't sign him by the end of July.

It would take another 3-4 weeks to finalize another bid.

Cina

Yeah, the fact that we've opened with £25m suggests this could take a while. It's the right way to do things considering we're a club who do not have unlimited funds but sometimes you do have to envy the Bayern approach of "how much is the buyout? meh, whatever, just take it and gimme him".

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'd say we need a few anti-Nevillers to balance it out.
Who would be an anti Neviller though?

After Thiago, I'm never looking at another transfer thread the same way again. I wasn't too excited about Hazard/Moura et al, because they weren't centre mids.. the thought of getting Thiago was too much to handle. Fabregas used to be my ideal midfielder for us, but i'm not too sure of his ability in deeper positions as I haven't seen him play there in ages. If we've got shitloads of money, why not put in an offer for Gundogan!

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I am thinking that we must have had some encouragement from Cesc to put a bid in. He and RvP are big mates so there is unquestionably a link there.

This bid does lend credibility to Thiago 'not being a priority'. You can see how his contract demands and his lack of experience might have sown seeds of doubt in Moyes's mind. Cesc is a proven Premier League player. Cesc will know that if he joins us then he will get a starring role in his preferred position, rather than being moved from pillar to post in the shadow of Xavi and Iniesta. He will likely get a nice pay rise too.

StuCol

Chimp
I am thinking that we must have had some encouragement from Cesc to put a bid in. He and RvP are big mates so there is unquestionably a link there.

This bid does lend credibility to Thiago 'not being a priority'. You can see how his contract demands and his lack of experience might have sown seeds of doubt in Moyes's mind. Cesc is a proven Premier League player. Cesc will know that if he joins us then he will get a starring role in his preferred position, rather than being moved from pillar to post in the shadow of Xavi and Iniesta. He will likely get a nice pay rise too.

Bid goes in hours after RVP re-joins squad... hmmmm

Varun

Staff

Naah, transfers dont work the legal way mate. There's no way we'd make a bid and then haggle with barca on the fee etc for weeks only to be told "not interested" by fabregas when we're finally given permission to talk to him. the first contact has to be with the player's camp to know if he's interested.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I fell asleep and I've woken up feeling shitty with no more Fabregas news. FML.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Naah, transfers dont work the legal way mate. There's no way we'd make a bid and then haggle with barca on the fee etc for weeks only to be told "not interested" by fabregas when we're finally given permission to talk to him. the first contact has to be with the player's camp to know if he's interested.

So you actually think Fabregas is open to the move and now it's between us and Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.