F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

He's a moany twat, does stuff like that corner 1 move on Rosberg and you just know if roles were reversed hed moan all Grand Prix about it. Can't stand him myself.
I can't stand him either but there was nothing wrong with that move IMO.

Why on earth did Ferrari opt for a pit stop. He would have easily caught up to Hamilton in a few laps. Everytime, they do something right, they know how to mess up as well.

He's a moany twat, does stuff like that corner 1 move on Rosberg and you just know if roles were reversed hed moan all Grand Prix about it. Can't stand him myself.
Funnily enough Nico did exactly the same thing in 2014 and I don't think it was even mentioned after the race.

Gave him no room, isn't the whole point of F1 nowadays that you have to give cars room and can't just punt a car out onto the grass?

It's a bit naughty but I don't see anything wrong with it. Although I do agree that Hamilton can be a very bad loser he seems much more calm this season.

Yeah, I think I just need to stop watching. I don't enjoy the races, don't like many of the drivers, I only watch it out of force of habit. It's like the Walking Dead, think it's time to drop watching it for a season or two.

Why on earth did Ferrari opt for a pit stop. He would have easily caught up to Hamilton in a few laps. Everytime, they do something right, they know how to mess up as well.
The second pit stop was a necessity since they had to use two option tyres through the race. The first one was another mindless gamble without any sense or thought behind it. Just like Australia, Ferrari shot themselves in the foot after having complete control of the race.

You won't win with just a great car if your strategists are as stupid as the ones in the Ferrari garage. I hope there are some serious questions asked to whoever made this call, especially seeing that Vettel was dominant and could have easily managed a 1-stop strategy and also maintained his lead over Hamilton.

Maybe i'm just old and miserable, but Hamilton's quote about Ali just screams of media whoring!

Why would Hamilton feel the need to dedicate the win to Ali, despite having no religious, national, personal links to him.

I like seeing Brits excel, and like to see him succeed in F1, but his whole media persona does my head in - particularly with his fake wannabe American accent. He just comes across as a bit of a douche.

Maybe i'm just old and miserable, but Hamilton's quote about Ali just screams of media whoring!

Why would Hamilton feel the need to dedicate the win to Ali, despite having no religious, national, personal links to him.

I like seeing Brits excel, and like to see him succeed in F1, but his whole media persona does my head in - particularly with his fake wannabe American accent. He just comes across as a bit of a douche.
I think that's because secretly, he is a bit of a douche. You're right though, it bothered me too.

The second pit stop was a necessity since they had to use two option tyres through the race. The first one was another mindless gamble without any sense or thought behind it. Just like Australia, Ferrari shot themselves in the foot after having complete control of the race.

You won't win with just a great car if your strategists are as stupid as the ones in the Ferrari garage. I hope there are some serious questions asked to whoever made this call, especially seeing that Vettel was dominant and could have easily managed a 1-stop strategy and also maintained his lead over Hamilton.
Oh, I just watched the tail end of the race and wasn't sure what the strategy was from Ferrari. Yes, after putting so much work into the set-up of the car, it boggles me how poor some of their strategies have been. I'm not giving up on them though, still reckon they'll sort it out eventually.

I don't like Hamilton that much too, but Hamilton is black and so is Ali. And Ali did so much for the black community not just in the US but all over the world.

I don't like Hamilton that much too, but Hamilton is black and so is Ali. And Ali did so much for the black community not just in the US but all over the world.

Yep and it's Mohammed Ali he's an inspiration to many athletes. He's not the only sports personality to dedicate a win to Ali this weekend. How can anyone be bothered by this. I know Lewis can be very marmite, I just pay no attention to his off the tract antics.

Standings after Race 7
Another place drop this week or me.

Manager Team Points
1st eric cartman Cartman 517
2nd scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 503
3rd panther F1 500
4th christy87 Langers on a mission 496
5th krits teabagggers 485
6th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 471
7th saforrest Wicked_badgers 461
8th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 460
9th giggsy92 TeamRocket 457
10th leg-end Better Call Bernie 456
11th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 456
12th dargonk Dargon's crew 452
13th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 451
14th uniquim Toyota F1 442
15th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 436
16th highoncaf Enzo's Red 435
17th impulse Team 3 435
18th dante dante 431
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 412
20th sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 402
21st thebest191 TheBest 392
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 385
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 348

I'm looking forward to the Baku GP. Hope it's going to be a fun one. Always exciting with a new circuit.

Also made a bunch of changes to my fantasy team for this race.

Confirmed that the underside of some F1 cars have been damaged by the curbs, GP2 not looking like it is starting anytime soon.
Not a good start for a new race, but a temp track in a new country, will always have teething troubles.

Last edited: