F1 2016 Season with Fantasy League see Threadmark

Standings after Race 6
Nothing to shout about this week for me , only Lewis got me any decent points.

1st eric cartman Cartman 445
2nd scottyj17 FC Ronaldo 425
3rd christy87 Langers on a mission 419
4th panther F1 419
5th krits teabagggers 410
6th giggsy92 TeamRocket 406
7th pauldyson1uk Billy Jack Racing 391
8th leg-end Better Call Bernie 386
9th sun_tzu 2inthegoo1inthepoo 386
10th screech44 Redfish-Alfa 385
11th saforrest Wicked_badgers 384
12th thegrumpylion GrumpyLions 383
13th dargonk Dargon's crew 382
14th uniquim Toyota F1 371
15th impulse Team 3 365
16th highoncaf Enzo's Red 361
17th dante dante 356
18th spwd MANSELLS MOUSTACHE, 351
19th edweatherall Elbow Licking at 200MPH 336
20th thebest191 TheBest 336
21st sigma Mike Wazowski's Eye 318
22nd rpitroda Spasian Racing 317
23rd senorgregster Hamilton Academical 305
24th thebest191 TheBest 260

Doesn't look great if i'm being honest. Overtaking looks like it will be really difficult.

I don't know whether it's because he was going so slow but the straight between turns 2 & 3 and then the straight at the end seem crazy long.

Turns 16, 17, 18 & 19 look like they could be fast and fairly wide too.

The castle section looks tight as hell.

I don't know whether it's because he was going so slow but the straight between turns 2 & 3 and then the straight at the end seem crazy long.

Turns 16, 17, 18 & 19 look like they could be fast and fairly wide too.

The castle section looks tight as hell.
yeah you are right , watching it again , masses of room for overtaking on those corners, there is a couple of long strights and that castle section the more I see it the more I see accidents there.

yeah you are right , watching it again , masses of room for overtaking on those corners, there is a couple of long strights and that castle section the more I see it the more I see accidents there.
I'm not sure whether there will be more barriers for the F1 in those fast corners that narrow it down a little, the course didn't look anywhere near finished in general so it's tough to really get a proper feel for it, although the video is an interesting sneak peek.

baku-f1-street-track.gif

Doesn't look great if i'm being honest. Overtaking looks like it will be really difficult.

I hope no one ever lets Pastor Maldonado on to the circuit in a race. He'll slam someone into the wall at full speed.

I think the circuit looks alright. I really like the street circuits, and it's kind of hard to tell whether or not it's be good for a F1 race from a drive-around. He didn't even go flat out on the straights, so I imagine it's going to be hectic with F1. Also with all the building close to the track, it would be cool if they put a zipline cam to track the cars on the long straight.

I wouldn't worry too much about overtaking, the Monaco track isn't exactly that good for overtaking either, but the drivers make it happen. Unless you're Marcus Ericsson trying to overtake Nasr that is. Also, DRS is going to be a miracle worker on the long straight.

The castle part looks a bit dangerous, but as long as there is no Maldonado to ram someone up the arse, they should be okay. The speed through that corner won't be that high, also, I think it looks tighter because there are buildings on either side.

I hope no one ever lets Pastor Maldonado on to the circuit in a race. He'll slam someone into the wall at full speed.

I think the circuit looks alright. I really like the street circuits, and it's kind of hard to tell whether or not it's be good for a F1 race from a drive-around. He didn't even go flat out on the straights, so I imagine it's going to be hectic with F1. Also with all the building close to the track, it would be cool if they put a zipline cam to track the cars on the long straight.

I wouldn't worry too much about overtaking, the Monaco track isn't exactly that good for overtaking either, but the drivers make it happen. Unless you're Marcus Ericsson trying to overtake Nasr that is. Also, DRS is going to be a miracle worker on the long straight.

The castle part looks a bit dangerous, but as long as there is no Maldonado to ram someone up the arse, they should be okay. The speed through that corner won't be that high, also, I think it looks tighter because there are buildings on either side.
Are you talking about the bit where the castle defines the edge of the race track. It looks a bit dangerous but very cool. On the same note, the city looks beautiful in the background of the track, the palace e.t.c.

Are you talking about the bit where the castle defines the edge of the race track. It looks a bit dangerous but very cool. On the same note, the city looks beautiful in the background of the track, the palace e.t.c.
It reminded me of the Rome circuit on Gran Turismo if you know it?

It reminded me of the Rome circuit on Gran Turismo if you know it?

Nope, but I had a quick look on youtube video and they are pretty similar. The narrow track, the city background with the colloseum e.t.c. Also a few wide corners to enable overtaking.

Honda update aimed at improved harvesting efficiency, not power; Button tips McLaren to be stronger than expectations in Montreal

McLaren will run with new turbochargers in their cars at this weekend's Canadian GP after engine suppliers Honda spent their first development tokens of the season.

Honda had not used any of their remaining allocation of tokens since the season started in March, having spent 18 of their permitted 32 over the winter in a bid to improve their engine's performance.

McLaren chairman Ron Dennis last week promised imminent improvements from their engine supplier, and Honda have now confirmed they have spent two tokens for Montreal.

The Japanese firm say the upgrade is aimed at improving the harvesting efficiency of the hybrid engine, rather than boosting power.

Williams call for Massa to set a lap in the middle of the session and not at the end when the track is at its grippiest is stupid to say the least.