Europa League / Conference League 23/24

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Leverkusen are a joy to watch. Hope they can improve even more next season and they might have a legit shot at the CL next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Xabi Alonso is tailor made to coach the current Real Madrid squad

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Alonso has a bit of the Pep bug of changing his preferred XI frequently during the season.

Palacios was starting almost all their league games at CM alongside Xhaka and being one of their best players of the season but got injured at the star of the year, since then Andrich came in and has stayed at that position even after Palacios returned. He's starting today but hasn't been lately.

Having a great game as well, if Alonso doesn't think he's first choice then I would happily take him in here :drool: He's a superstar number 6.

Alonso's done the same with Boniface as well, hasn't been an automatic starter since coming back from injury.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Smart from Roma not letting Lukaku take it

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wtf, Tah concedes a penalty with no danger. Correct decision, braindead stuff from Tah.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
But of course, I get it, the dramatic 90+8 comeback has to come from a position of disadvantage

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Villa are one of the best teams at passing patiently and normally working a position but doing it when you need three goals and have 50/60 (now less) minutes to score them is maddening. Possession for the sake of possession
Ye they sometimes try and walk the ball into the net which only few teams are capable of, Arsenal and city.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Think Roma will concede in the second half. They were lucky we didn't convert at least one shot

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But of course, I get it, the dramatic 90+8 comeback has to come from a position of disadvantage
Yeah duh. You should be intimately familiar with this today as well. You can't have a dramatic, epic comeback if you're drawing. Come on

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tactically it's the same story as the first leg. Roma have the right ideas and means to hurt Leverkusen in attack, but they're just completely fecking clueless defensively

marktan

I quite like Lookman. Pacey, can dribble and finish. For around £20m would be a phenomenal squad option. He was good for Fulham to in the prem last time he was here.

He's better than Sancho and Antony for my money.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Can’t work out if Olymiacos are playing very well or Villa badly. Think it’s both.

Surprising is that Emery has done well in tweaking things this season when needed, but stubborn (or stupid) tonight… as soon as they conceded, he had to change things up and force team to push up more/quicker yet they’re STILL passing side to side and not taking risks.

Olympiacos have a clear plan, work well as a team and given the amount they’ve spent (peanuts), fantastic achievement.

Final just down the road for them too.

(edit. Villa not putting a corner in the box and ending up with the ball back to Martinez … :nono:)

DJ_21

Oh yeah? I heard it's a ludicrous display and a problem with Arsenal
Maybe I’m thinking of the Wenger days. Remember a goal they scored with wilshere etc where they literally walked it in. They are a good passing team though.

DJ_21

Villa have really missed a chance to win silverware. Was miles favourite aswell.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Leverkusen can only blame themselves. Roma has done feck all really going forward and Leverkusen been absolute crap finishing their many chances. So dumb.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Laughing at Dortmund fans shitting on Terzic. At least he doesn´t sit his best player and his two best strikers in a semifinal to waste a treble unlike that troll Alonso. Unbelieveably disrespectful to Roma.