Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Someone

Something
I have a feeling that he'll be hard to sell considering his wages, which I doubt he'd be willing to lower. We'd be fools to allow him to go on another loan. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back at the club.

Marcus

I would set him targets and give him punitive fines if he does not meet them. At least we can recover some of his wages, unless he behaves like a proper employee.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I have a feeling that he'll be hard to sell considering his wages, which I doubt he'd be willing to lower. We'd be fools to allow him to go on another loan. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's back at the club.
Why would he not? It is not that he wants to come back or will feature. It is also key for his career that he plays

Borninthe80ts

This is actually why i want to really buy Zirkzee because it would instantly make that deep lying forward/False 9 player a part of our tactics because we have a player built to play that way.

Then i think Sancho could get a chance centrally playing in the same position as Zirkzee does if he needs rest or gets injured etc.

Sancho's best ability is through balls and for our forwards they need to come centrally to out wide rather than from out wide to central positions more suited to someone like Hojlund. I think losing Sancho actually back fired on us because we lost a false 9 that ten hag was trying to create but we also lost a wide playing creative player who loves playing through balls to a channel running striker like Hojlund.

I'm personally not too bothered about the pressing because i dont think you can play a deep lying forward/False 9 and also make them the highest presser - it kind of defeats the idea of playing a deeper lying forward if he is pressing so high up the pitch.

I think Ten Hag didn't get his tactics right until the last few games when he finally played with Bruno as a False 9 with two inverted forwards - but that ultimately would have been Sancho's role if he hadn't gotten in to a fight with Ten Hag.
I do like a forward who can drop deep as that can allow more control of the ball and wide players to go in behind. However I wouldn’t want us necessarily married to this style of play and would like a couple of variations where we can use the other player styles in the squad.

I think Sancho can play the same role however we would have to be the dominant team and the players around him set up to play a quick and insistent game. Almost one touch. He unfortunately doesn’t press enough from front regularly enough at the minute to play against a team that can play around him I believe. Maybe I’m underselling him.

I agree that Sanchos passing is probably his best trait and I also thought that in pre season he might get a chance as a back up number 9 however I think it was more a lack of options in that position rather than a genuine belief he could play there and maybe even an attempt to get him to press regularly.

I can understand why pressing high with a deep lying forward would seem counter productive but I think if you want to win the ball high up the pitch ultimately you need to press from the front.

Ten Hag I think genuinely wanted to get back to the style we had in his first season with a quick transition added but the players that made it work then weren’t available last season. He had loyalty/blind faith that they would eventually repay his faith but they didn’t for various reasons.

Hopefully with what we saw in the cup final it shows we can adapt.

Someone

Something
Why would he not? It is not that he wants to come back or will feature. It is also key for his career that he plays
Because that has been the case with the majority of united players who aren't getting regular football. Maybe he's different but I doubt it.

Yakuza_devils

We have attacking talents in Sancho and Greenwood which may worth 200M but we can't offload them or integrate them back to the team.

Meanwhile, we are struggling with scoring goals and have problem of FFP.

Hope Ineos Team can sort out this mess fast. This may have big effects on next season if we can't resolve effectively which also affects our transfer budgets/targets.

GlazersHater

I dont see a way back for neither of them, Greenwood has the talent but what happened it's too much weight for us to carry. Sancho doesnt have the phyisicallity nor determination to make it in the premier league. That Dortmund's UCL run helped us washing his image a little bit but the more time it passes the more he'll devaluate so hopefully we can convince someone stupid enough to pay 35-40M for him