Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
There are good arguments on both sides, but the ‘Ten Hag out’ cultists ignore all arguments in favour. None of the ‘Ten Hag in’ posters do this, no one ignores the bad stuff.

The fans have a more balanced view and that is why there is overwhelming support for not sacking Ten Hag right now.

The hard cold data: two seasons two trophies.

If you are in favour of replacing Ten Hag based on league performance, I understand. How big do you think his role is in this failed season? How big a part do other factors play?
You do see contrasting statements there right?

geelong

Injuries don't explain being outclassed at home by a Newcastle team who had four fullbacks in defence including one who hadn't played for a year and being outclassed by Brentford - BRENTFORD - without their first-choice back five.

Lyng

There are good arguments on both sides, but the ‘Ten Hag out’ cultists ignore all arguments in favour. None of the ‘Ten Hag in’ posters do this, no one ignores the bad stuff.

The fans have a more balanced view and that is why there is overwhelming support for not sacking Ten Hag right now.

The hard cold data: two seasons two trophies.

If you are in favour of replacing Ten Hag based on league performance, I understand. How big do you think his role is in this failed season? How big a part do other factors play?
The hard cold data: Our worst finish in the premier league ever. Hard cold data: Last place in a extremely easy champions league group.
His tactics and stubbornly sticking by them until the last 3 games of the season are a massive reason for our failure this season.
Injuries where a huge factor as well, but he had options to change playstyle to suit the players available and he simply didnt do that until it was to late.

astracrazy

Shaw: “I felt something against Aston Villa and came off at half-time. I didn’t train the whole week and when the scan came back, there wasn’t too much there."

“I then trained the day before the game (at Luton) - and if the manager asks me to play, I’m never going to say ‘no.’ But I shouldn’t have played. It’s kind of everyone’s fault. Partly my fault, partly the medical staff. I think everyone would admit that.”

Not a good look when our biggest injury problem is blaming the manager partly and the second biggest we know got a calf injury after being rushed back from the knee injury.
Not sure where you are getting blaming the manager from, apart from you just want to blame him? He literally says him and the medical staff......

GreatDane

The hard cold data: Our worst finish in the premier league ever. Hard cold data: Last place in a extremely easy champions league group.
His tactics and stubbornly sticking by them until the last 3 games of the season are a massive reason for our failure this season.
Injuries where a huge factor as well, but he had options to change playstyle to suit the players available and he simply didnt do that until it was to late.
Factos.

Louis Van Gonads

We hate the Glazers, don’t trust INEOS yet, and recognize how big an accomplishment the FA cup win was with enigmatic wins against Pool and Cheaty.
That is basically all the cup win is. A win against Liverpool and City in an otherwise horrendous season. It’s not enough. Not even close.

MichaelRed

Shaw: “I felt something against Aston Villa and came off at half-time. I didn’t train the whole week and when the scan came back, there wasn’t too much there."

“I then trained the day before the game (at Luton) - and if the manager asks me to play, I’m never going to say ‘no.’ But I shouldn’t have played. It’s kind of everyone’s fault. Partly my fault, partly the medical staff. I think everyone would admit that.”

Not a good look when our biggest injury problem is blaming the manager partly and the second biggest we know got a calf injury after being rushed back from the knee injury.
Sounds more like the medical staff gave him the all clear after missing something. Not sure how you've concluded that to be the fault of the manager? We obviously need a huge overhaul in our medical department, hopefully soon after that guy from Arsenal completed his review a few months ago.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
The longer this takes, the more realistic Southgate at Old Trafford becomes.
Thankfully we have the euros to allow Southgate to take himself out of contention.

I don't want ETH, but I feel they've really undermined him. We already have an uphill battle, the last thing we need is to be led by a manager everyone knows is holding on by a thread. He's already showing signs of cracking and it would be sad if it was allowed to continue.

Matt851

Sounds more like the medical staff gave him the all clear after missing something. Not sure how you've concluded that to be the fault of the manager? We obviously need a huge overhaul in our medical department, hopefully soon after that guy from Arsenal completed his review a few months ago.
the manager should also carry some of the blame, seems like common sense not to make an injury prone player do too many minutes post a long term injury but both Shaw and martinez were rushed back

bringbackbebe

I know there's some on here who are not aligned with Sir Jim's vision but I think he'd do well in the right setup.

The only reason to pretend the club is still undecided about Ezza is if the new boss already has a job for the next few weeks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
Presumably we’ve gotten the same guy who ranked those 844 right backs on a spreadsheet and came up with AWB to find us a manager and there was only one outstanding candidate: Gareth Southgate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
the manager should also carry some of the blame, seems like common sense not to make an injury prone player do too many minutes post a long term injury but both Shaw and martinez were rushed back
The manager goes by the medical staff recommendations. The medical staff have shown on multiple occasions to be wrong about the player readiness. It's outstanding how people will clutch to primarily blaming the manager by default.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I know there's some on here who are not aligned with Sir Jim's vision but I think he'd do well in the right setup.

The only reason to pretend the club is still undecided about Ezza is if the new boss already has a job for the next few weeks.
Not really.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
At this club, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

The Local Lad's brilliant revolution looks eerily similar to the previous guys. The appointment of the management team has been a struggle in typical United style. One of the guys is gardening and the other one is in arbitration. At most other clubs these appointments happen swiftly and without much noise, but not here at United. It has to accompany drama.

The managers future has been in limbo for two weeks now. The famous season review is still on.

Evans is supposedly getting a new contract and Amrabat's is on hold as we decide on the manager.

Sigh....

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
And yet, 80% still support him. Why is that?

We hate the Glazers, don’t trust INEOS yet, and recognize how big an accomplishment the FA cup win was with enigmatic wins against Pool and Cheaty.

They also see how he is developing youth. He told Mainoo last year after the League Cup that his time would come.

He has a plan to make us a winning machine: the cup wins despite a compromised squad are evidence of that.
He didnt have a compromised squad when we beat City to win the cup, and if that’s the type football his plan is to make us a winning machine, 27% posssesion, then no thanks, we had Ole do that beating City 4 times and reaching a European final.

bringbackbebe

He didnt have a compromised squad when we beat City to win the cup, and if that’s the type football his plan is to make us a winning machine, 27% posssesion, then no thanks, we had Ole do that beating City 4 times and reaching a European final.
Control of possession means nothing if you can't do anything with it. Very few would say we deserved to lose the final or we weren't in control of the final. Ironically, many would say that was the worst they've been City play in ages.

saik

Hazard a guess how much possession Real Madrid had this season when they played against City ? Do you think there's a team out there in the world who can dominate possession against City ? Or do you also think City didn't deserve to lose that final against us because they dominated possession?

I'm always amused when people trot out this excuse.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Its been too long. Hes staying I reckon. If we had a worthy replacement lined up, regardless of FA cup, INEOS would have sacked him. Either they dont have a replacement at all or the replacements arent good enough. And no top manager would suddenly become available (Carlo is staying).

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Control of possession means nothing if you can't do anything with it. Very few would say we deserved to lose the final or we weren't in control of the final. Ironically, many would say that was the worst they've been City play in ages.
City being at their worst (after a week of celebrating the league title) is exactly why no one should get carried away by the result and ignore what we saw for the rest of the season.

stevoc

The manager goes by the medical staff recommendations. The medical staff have shown on multiple occasions to be wrong about the player readiness. It's outstanding how people will clutch to primarily blaming the manager by default.
And yet he keeps deferring to their decision?

stevoc

What's he supposed to do? He sought to them, he sought to the player and got a yes on both sides.
If as you say the medical staff have shown on multiple occasions to be wrong about the player readiness. Have you considered the idea that he could not listen to them?

And just play it much more conservatively than they want to with players returning from injury. He is the manager after all, it's ultimately his decision and responsibility.

''Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 27 times...''

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If as you say the medical staff have shown on multiple occasions to be wrong about the player readiness. Have you considered the idea that he could not listen to them?

And just play it much more conservatively than they want to with players returning from injury. He is the manager after all, it's ultimately his decision and responsibility.

He has to rely on his medical staff for consultation on this, but he also asked the player too.

He's not a mind reader, and managers generally want to play their best players after their staff and player themselves say yes. It's outstanding you want to pile on Ten hag for this. He's not a doctor, so he still needs support from his team, even if they have been poor.

Gfooty

City in Ole's days is no where near as good as current City

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesnt suit the goal of ETH out, so ofcourse not.
They wanted him sacked before the final because they didn't think he stood a chance. And after a well earned victory without any contraversey theyl make some other shit up. It's actually fun to read at times at what new reasons they pull out of their arse.

astracrazy

Medical staff clear player. Player clears player. EtH fault - what a surprise.

Not even Shaw mentioned EtH, yet here we find redcafe members knowing better and deciding its EtHs fault.

Had you of known at the time he was cleared to play and not played, 100% you'd have used it as stick to beat EtH with.

I can't believe this is how low its getting now from the EtH crowd. EtH is in the wrong for not ignoring his medical staff.

feck me.

Last edited:

NLunited

That is obviously not the plan, we have only played like this to beat opponents who have much better squads than ours.

We still have a compromised squad even with everyone available. That is, if you have standards befitting MU.

NLunited

Medical staff clear player. Player clears player. EtH fault - what a surprise.

Not even Shaw mentioned EtH, yet here we find redcafe members knowing better and deciding its EtHs fault.

Had you of known at the time he was cleared to play and not played, 100% you'd have used it as stick to beat EtH with.

I can't believe this is how low its getting now from the EtH crowd. EtH is in the wrong for not ignoring his medical staff.

feck me.
They deserve Southgate.

Stadjer

They wanted him sacked before the final because they didn't think he stood a chance. And after a well earned victory without any contraversey theyl make some other shit up. It's actually fun to read at times at what new reasons they pull out of their arse.
Before the final the line up was a reason to sack ETH too. He was a coward for playing Rashford instead of Amad for example.

I dont really (want to) believe that the die hard ETH out werent happy about winning the final but it certainly was an unexpected obstacle in the ETH out crusade.