Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

dedek_mraz

This is never the case. Most clubs do the majority of their business in the later parts of the window.
Nope. Its quite literally the case regards to Benjamin Šeško for example. Has offers from United, Chelsea and Arsenal (and improved Lepzig offer) on the table and wants to decide before the Euros. Do you not think the fact that our manager position is unresolved will carry some weight in his decision? You can point to the fact that under INEOS recruitment is independent of the manager but players are not robots ..

Why are people expecting an announcement of some sort? Because some Italian clickbait journalist posted some crap?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Nope. Its quite literally the case regards to Benjamin Šeško for example. Has offers from United, Chelsea and Arsenal (and improved Lepzig offer) on the table and wants to decide before the Euros. Do you not think the fact that our manager position is unresolved will carry some weight in his decision? You can point to the fact that under INEOS recruitment is independent of the manager but players are not robots ..
I'd be sceptical of any reports like the Sesko rumours to be honest. A young, raw striker is clearly not a priority for us - feel like our name is being used which more often than not is the case with rumours.

dedek_mraz

I'd be sceptical of any reports like the Sesko rumours to be honest. A young, raw striker is clearly not a priority for us - feel like our name is being used which more often than not is the case with rumours.
Not to derail the debate but reports of our interest are true and confirmed by the players agent last week (also his agent was at Old Trafford at least 3 times this year). And even if not true it doesnt matter for my argument's sake, it serves as a n example of a likely scenario. Can well replace Šeško's name with Olise or others..

KiD MoYeS

Not to derail the debate but reports of our interest are true and confirmed by the players agent last week. And even if not true it doesnt matter for my argument's sake, it serves as a likely scenario. Can well replace Šeško's name with Olise or others..
If your issue is with transfer targets then your issue is with Newcastle and Ashworth's gardening leave, rather than the length of time it is taken to complete the review and deciding on Ten Hag's future.

Pickle85

Not to derail the debate but reports of our interest are true and confirmed by the players agent last week (also his agent was at Old Trafford at least 3 times this year). And even if not true it doesnt matter for my argument's sake, it serves as a n example of a likely scenario. Can well replace Šeško's name with Olise or others..
Where's this then? All I can find it this in the MEN where he specifically avoids mentioning clubs by name: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../there-interest-benjamin-sesko-agent-29210603

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Anyone else feel sorry for ten hag if we sack him now? We've cost him the Bayern job.

I don't think Bayern would have chosen Kompany with ten Hag available.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think he will do amazingly with the structure.

Red Royal

The more this drags on, the more I just feel there may not be any kind of announcement (I.e. EtH stays but quietly). INEOS then look like they don't have to respond to every bit of idle (Guardian reporter) gossip.

Saying he stays now looks like they took way to long/not confident saxking him leads to why did we waste weeks of the summer.

KiD MoYeS

The more this drags on, the more I just feel there may not be any kind of announcement (I.e. EtH stays but quietly). INEOS then look like they don't have to respond to every bit of idle (Guardian reporter) gossip.

Saying he stays now looks like they took way to long/not confident saxking him leads to why did we waste weeks of the summer.
The journalists will definitely report that he's staying if they get any type of confirmation from the club or their sources. They have been making up stories to fill their column space over the past couple weeks.

bringbackbebe

I really wonder why some fans fail to understand this. Reminds me of the sack Fergie sell Ronaldo brigade of the mid 2000s.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Certainly one of the major cons hanging over him has been his transfer targets, taking that responsibility from him would be a positive step.
No no no, the structure will be there to serve him and deliver him his targets.

dedek_mraz

Where's this then? All I can find it this in the MEN where he specifically avoids mentioning clubs by name: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../there-interest-benjamin-sesko-agent-29210603
Ok, lets say "all but confirmed it" to be precise. Its from the original interview that the MEN are reffering to. Its all in Slovenian but in the video at around 9 minute mark the reporter says that hes hearing that the interested sides are United and Arsenal from England and some Italian sides and asks the agent which destination is more likely to which agent says that he doubts Italians can afford the player. This coupled with reports from Romano.

romufc

Do you really think a multi billionaire is afraid to make a decision?
No which is why it doesn't make sense? Looks like reporters are just making things up, they haven't got someone feeding them information anymore from inside.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Do you think Ten Hag can win the league in the next 2-3 seasons?
Yes I honestly do. Because guardiola would have left end of next season which will put us in a better position since all the other clubs will be rebuilding with new managers etc.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Regardless of ETH going or staying this has been a circus.
Outside of this forum or even this thread can you point to where it’s become a circus? Literally nobody is talking about it bar the life journo claiming to know what the process is - which seems thorough and measured and not knee jerking in any way, nor public. The only circus is hysterical fans crying because he hasn’t been sacked yet.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Right, but we're not rebuilding. This is the completed build under Ten Hag, I think people don't get that.
What 2 proper windows is a complete rebuild? Considering what he had to deal with and take over.

Zed 101

Outside of this forum or even this thread can you point to where it’s become a circus? Literally nobody is talking about it bar the life journo claiming to know what the process is - which seems thorough and measured and not knee jerking in any way, nor public. The only circus is hysterical fans crying because he hasn’t been sacked yet.
Strange isn't it that a Man Utd forum, and specifically a thread dedicated to ETH and his future should have such a focus, I came here to discuss my dahlias and was disappointed!

I watch Sky sports news and listen to Talk sport, not constantly but I probably catch up to a couple of hours combined a day.... I would say they are probably the 2 biggest publishers of sports journalism in the UK, I can hand on heart say that whilst ETHs future is not the only topic, it is discussed everyday

astracrazy

Why are people expecting an announcement of some sort? Because some Italian clickbait journalist posted some crap?
Yes. That was then copied by everyone, and since all backed down on this. EtH out gang just can't see it for what it is/was.

Apparently there has to be some big announcement to undermind the manager they have decided not to sack, telling us all that a manager who is under contract and by default will be our manager next season, will be our manager next season.

romufc

Right, but we're not rebuilding. This is the completed build under Ten Hag, I think people don't get that.
Is it? I guess you mis interpreted the word rebuild.

I will give you an analogy.

If my roof is leaking into the ceiling underneath, putting new plasterboard and paint is not rebuild, that's a temporary solution, because the leak will eventually trickle through that.

This is what is happening at United. To rebuild you first have to get rid of players you dont need / suit. AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, McTominay, Martial, Sancho, Rashford. Then you replace those with players that suit.

Instead, at United we go get Amrabat, Evans, Sabitzer, Weghorst just to cover because we dont have the ability to sell.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So basically SJR is scared to make a decision.
I was possibly the most anti INEOS in this forum and they are far from perfect. However they aren't cowards, quite the contrary. They are actually quite trigger happy. Ratcliffe wealth is built around turning failing businesses into success and that was achieved by challenging everything that business represented and shape it into success.