Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So the players that were a disgrace wearing the shirt this season get another go?

The players were a shitshow the same way they were under previous managers. The managers are not the problem.
Only a Utd fan could say this :lol:

Gurtej

How you expect us to play next year…

3-4-3, 4-3-3 or something else!!

ForeverRed1

So the players that were a disgrace wearing the shirt this season get another go?

The players were a shitshow the same way they were under previous managers. The managers are not the problem.
It will be impossible to lose the whole first team squad.

Cavani, Jones, matic, mata, bailley, martial, awb, pogba, lingard and henderson is a pretty big start though.

some players will be given a shot in a fresh team with new management and coaching team around them. Also factor in new signings coming in, which I’m hoping will be mentality monsters.. and the squad will look totally different.

Greck

For sure, It will definitely depend on the quality of the signings to make an impact. Our first team isn't the richest with technical, composed, close control talent and the players leaving have already been out of the first team for months. Departures may fix the morale deficit but the talent deficit still needs shoring up. ETH knows first team talent needs reinforcing and seems to be replacing some big names. One or both of AWB or Maguire, at least one of the midfielders and one of the attackers could be demoted if we hit on our signings. There's reason to be optimistic about his project.

Olecurls99

It will be impossible to lose the whole first team squad.

Cavani, Jones, matic, mata, bailley, martial, awb, pogba, lingard and henderson is a pretty big start though.

some players will be given a shot in a fresh team with new management and coaching team around them. Also factor in new signings coming in, which I’m hoping will be mentality monsters.. and the squad will look totally different.
Mentality monsters is a Liverpoolism. May it be forever banned from this site.
All in favour

They weren't exactly mentality monsters when they lost to an inferior Real side either. Wo ha ha ha

ForeverRed1

Mentality monsters is a Liverpoolism. May it be forever banned from this site.
All in favour

They weren't exactly mentality monsters when they lost to an inferior Real side either. Wo ha ha ha
mentality monsters has been around for a long time. Pep also said it recently about players he signs.

The best teams have them. Sorry not sorry :cool:

we have two in our whole squad.

SER19

His squad with no signings and the more expected departures

GK: De Gea, Heaton

Full Backs: Dalot, Shaw, Telles

Centre Backs: Maguire, Varane, Lindelof

Midfielders: van de Beek, Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, Garner

Wingers/Forwards/Striker: Rashford, Elanga, Sancho, Martial, Ronaldo

I havent excluded anybody that we dont think will leave and even Martial may go also. Make no mistake that squad is unbelievably light, not to mention lacking in talent. Put down in black and white like that there is no hiding place. We need at least 5 more players, with at least 3 good enough to be constant starters.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Not the problem but they've played their part. We haven't hired an elite coach who has his best days ahead of him. Hopefully ten Hag is that and I think he will be.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Not the problem but they've played their part. We haven't hired an elite coach who has his best days ahead of him. Hopefully ten Hag is that and I think he will be.
Indeed he is but polishing down tooling turds might be too much atleast in the short term. Fasten your seat belts!

Robindinho

I havent excluded anybody that we dont think will leave and even Martial may go also. Make no mistake that squad is unbelievably light, not to mention lacking in talent. Put down in black and white like that there is no hiding place. We need at least 5 more players, with at least 3 good enough to be constant starters.
You've missed Laird, Fernandez, Hannibal and Amad - think they'll be within the squad.

Agree on needing a minimum of 3 starters. CB (Timber), CM (De Jong) and for me, a RW (Antony)... Need a DM too but doubt we'll have the funds.

Kaos

You've missed Laird, Fernandez, Hannibal and Amad - think they'll be within the squad.

Agree on needing a minimum of 3 starters. CB (Timber), CM (De Jong) and for me, a RW (Antony)... Need a DM too but doubt we'll have the funds.
I think the third signing will be a CF (Nunez). The RW signing will depend on how much we can recoup from sales. Or he might surprise us by fastracking someone like Garnacho into the squad.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Does feel like quite the new start with the players leaving and Erik coming in. I’m thrilled we got Ten Hag he genuinely seems like the best in class type. Hopefully the club back him big this summer with the amount of players leaving.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I wish 4-4-2 was still an option but it would seem most teams can play against that
The formation is irrelevant. Different managers have tried different formations and the result was still crap.
Fans need to understand that the players are an issue. Their mentality is not aligned to winning. We could play 4-4-4 (yes that's 13 players vs 11 players) and we'd still be odds on, to lose.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Does feel like quite the new start with the players leaving and Erik coming in.
It is a new start, but it's the same as with all previous managers.
When Ralf R came in, he talked about attacking, high energy, rock n roll football. He talked about Geggenpressing and lots of running.
Did we see any of that? For 30 minutes against Crystal Palace - yes. After that, the players got tired and we had to revert to Ole-ball, as that is all the players were capable of.

This time around, I am not falling for any of the talk of a new style fo playing, etc. I'll believe it, only when I see it.
The players we have are simply not capable of running a lot or working hard. They are lazy and overpaid.
Unless ETH removes about 70% of the players from the squad, I think we shall continue seeing Ole-ball. I would put money that the vast majority of players who played in our last few games (which we lost/drew), will be starting the first league game of next sesaon.

Regarding players leaving: 2 players have left (Pogba, Lingard). The problem is that these players ran their contracts down. They weren't sold or pushed out. They wanted out. If they didn't want to leave, they'd have stayed.
I believe Matic is the only other player who will be leaving. Not sure about Mata.
Then we have a bunch of deadwood which we will hang on to for non-footballing reasons.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Amad and Pellistri might be around the first team next season.

El-Manos

Thst looks really shit :lol::lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
First day at the office, haven't been able to watch with the sound on, but everyone looks very happy:

c.f:
I've been wondering about this. Is it common to shake hand with (new) people while keep seating (and the other party is standing), in England?
It seems impolite gesture / not showing much respect to me.

OrcaFat

I've been wondering about this. Is it common to shake hand with (new) people while keep seating (and the other party is standing), in England?
Erik stand for no man.

UDontMessWith24

The trash players are gonna get another chance I am afraid
Getting the underperformers back to their expected level will be ETH's most important challenge next season. We'll buy 5 players at the very most (most likely will be 3-4) so who's supposed to play?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
June 2nd and no players signed yet, only 3 officially left. If anything this joker has only had a negative impact on our squad value. Time to move onto a new manager with something to prove. Pardew just became available?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
It is a new start, but it's the same as with all previous managers.
When Ralf R came in, he talked about attacking, high energy, rock n roll football. He talked about Geggenpressing and lots of running.
Did we see any of that? For 30 minutes against Crystal Palace - yes. After that, the players got tired and we had to revert to Ole-ball, as that is all the players were capable of.

This time around, I am not falling for any of the talk of a new style fo playing, etc. I'll believe it, only when I see it.
The players we have are simply not capable of running a lot or working hard. They are lazy and overpaid.
Unless ETH removes about 70% of the players from the squad, I think we shall continue seeing Ole-ball. I would put money that the vast majority of players who played in our last few games (which we lost/drew), will be starting the first league game of next sesaon.

Regarding players leaving: 2 players have left (Pogba, Lingard). The problem is that these players ran their contracts down. They weren't sold or pushed out. They wanted out. If they didn't want to leave, they'd have stayed.
I believe Matic is the only other player who will be leaving. Not sure about Mata.
Then we have a bunch of deadwood which we will hang on to for non-footballing reasons.
I'm not sure what Ole-ball is, could you explain please.

macheda14

According to Laurie Whitwell from The Athletic, Erik went along and shook everyone’s hand at the press conference, the first like 5 journos didn’t stand up and then the rest did. Supposedly after the first five got a bit of a bollocking.

Anustart89

June 2nd and no players signed yet, only 3 officially left. If anything this joker has only had a negative impact on our squad value. Time to move onto a new manager with something to prove. Pardew just became available?
Our squad is much larger than three players. What are you smoking? just messing

Frank Grimes

Agree with everything bar the last line. We need 5 players with everyone of them capable of being first team players, immediately.