Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Twente draw and Spurs defeat were enough for him to be sacked by this morning and Ruud taking over vs Porto and Villa before we find a new manager during the International break. Instead it seems ten Hag could get sacked after Villa with Ruud becoming interim after that and honestly I'm not for another interim manager after Ole and Rangnick, this season can still be a success as it's early October.

That's exactly what should have happened

Can we please just end this? There are literally no posters on here who think he will turn this around. I actually feel sorry for EtH (as I did for Ole). When you realise you’re completely out of your depth after embarrassing defeat, after embarrassing defeat, and you still get a microphone thrust in your face and have to defend it!
The poll was majority ten hag in after the cup final

This obsession with finding the next Sir Alex has got to end. We need to structure the club like Bayern, Real, Juventus etc. we run through managers until we find one that gives us championships and stick with him until he doesn’t. We don’t know if Amorin or Iraola or Allegri or Xavi or Tuchel will bring us a title.

The spectre of Sir Alex has haunted us for 11 years. There won’t be another like him and to hope and pray that a clown like Ten Hag will somehow turn good like SAF 34 years ago is idiotic.

Yeah like any club we will most likely have to burn through another couple until we find the right one

Get the feeling he talks a good game regarding tactics. Probably why he got the gig and got the club supporting him so much. But it is one thing to know the tactics and another to actually make it work out there on the pitch.

His interview at Spurs didn't go well at all apparently because he lacked charisma and his English/communication was thought to be poor.

How many games did Ole get after the 5-0 at home to Liverpool?

He may have stumbled on for a couple of more games but that defeat to Liverpool was the end for him really. It will be the same with ETH, he'll probably get Porto and Villa but his fate was sealed after the Spurs debacle.

Our insistence on giving managers who everyone can see are finished and have no future here extra games to lose and ruin the season even more is infuriating. Maybe a new manager bounce means we win in Portugal and get a decent draw at Villa? Might be important results at the end of the season. But no, lets give Zombie ETH a couple more games to lose embarrassingly before he goes.

He may have stumbled on for a couple of more games but that defeat to Liverpool was the end for him really. It will be the same with ETH, he'll probably get Porto and Villa but his fate was sealed after the Spurs debacle.

Our insistence on giving managers who everyone can see are finished and have no future here extra games to lose and ruin the season even more is infuriating. Maybe a new manager bounce means we win in Portugal and get a decent draw at Villa? Might be important results at the end of the season. But no, lets give Zombie ETH a couple more games to lose embarrassingly before he goes.

4 games, won 1, drew 1, then lost 2. So it took another 4 games of roughly the same form we've had for months for him to get sacked.

4 games, won 1, drew 1, then lost 2. So it took another 4 games of roughly the same form we've had for months for him to get sacked.

Ah right ok.

Hopefully ETH is only allowed 2 more before he's gone. Ideally we'd sack him tomorrow but I can't see us sacking him until after the Villa game.

Ole didn't get many more games after the Liverpool, and he didn't nearly have as bad a start as this from what I remember. We beat Spurs 3-0 away the game after and got beat by City 2-0 soon after that. The Watford game away was the final nail in the coffin. Ten Hag has been given way more of a chance here, at least under Ole we looked like we could always get a goal.

I agree, I don't know what the board are expecting to see in the next two games that will make them think Ten Hag is the one. It's madness.

The poll was majority ten hag in after the cup final
I don’t remember this at all. I do believe you.
Can you or some post a shot of the poll so I can laugh, please.

I wanted him out most of last season. And didn’t think the final should have been taken into consideration.

Everyday this fella is still our manager an angel dies and falls from heaven.
Just like Bruno, the end of cycle should had been last season.

I think a big part of the problem is how cheaply we give away the ball. This of course allows the opposition to pressure us or control the game, so we either can't do anything or are under pressure

Why is the passing so abysmal? What do they DO in training?

We can't score, so we can't make up for the defensive frailties, it's just a complete and utter shit show.

I'd love to know our passing completion rates and where they stand in the league

Mentality is a huge problem still, the opposition score and we fold like a deck of cards, Sunday was especially disgusting, they scored early and its like multiple players just completely gave up despite having a whole game remaining. Embarrassing. It doesn't help he keeps playing under performing players, so there's no accountability they just get picked no matter what.

I had hope when he was appointed, thought we'd finally got the right one. Back to square one and it'll set us further back the longer we draw this out.
Have to agree on this one, the passing is that of an U16 team. There are drills that should improve passing and again expectations come into play. Bruno is 80% on passes of less then 5 yds though so all is good....right?

There was the 3-0 win against Spurs away, the 2 all draw at Atalanta, then the humiliation at home to City (2-0 but they dominated every second), and lastly 4-1 away loss to Watford where he knew instantly he was out. So he had 4 matches after the Liverpool game, 1 win, 1 draw, 2 defeats.

I wanted him out most of last season. And didn’t think the final should have been taken into consideration.
Pretty sure it went from around 80% in favour of sack to 45 % from a single game. The comments on the thread itself at the time where overwhelmingly in his favour too.

Everyday this fella is still our manager an angel dies and falls from heaven.
Just like Bruno, the end of cycle should had been last season.
I wake up every morning hoping that there is a change and as much as I do not like to wish bad things on others, this change is inevitable and needed now before the wheels fall off and we are in relegation territory. My god how far we have fallen!

Agree completely. The asshole side of me however says we bought Rooney just a month after Smith and in the month Smith was here and Rooney wasn’t Smith was killing it.
I know I was just using the talent difference as an example to match as opposed to historical accuracy

I get what you're both saying and wish I could be of the same mindset, as our fans deserve this. But for me personally, it's not good for my health watching this :lol:

I don't know how I'd get through another year or more of this. It was hard enough knowing early doors that both he and Ole weren't the one, but having to wait 12-24 months for the rest of the fans (some other fans also saw it early on and shared the same concerns) and media to realise it too. It's like torture when you can see what will happen and why, and it starts slowly playing out. But others just make excuse after excuse, whilst you're just ready for it to end and for us to move on.
Oh, I completely understand. The point you're at here is where I've been with every manager post Fergie. I wanted them gone many months before they all eventually left, and it was the same with ten Hag. I wanted him out a long time before the end of last season, and still did after the FA Cup final. I wanted us to part on a good moment.

However, after it became apparent he was staying, I changed my mindset for the first time with these failing managers. I was just "fine, this is what the majority of the fan base wanted, let's do it until they learn". I do think this is a lesson that needs to learning otherwise we'll be back on the roundabout with the next guy if he ends up being a dud, too.
I couldn't do another month of this shit never mind another 2-3 years. I'd have to give up watching United in all honesty we've been that awful to watch.
I wouldn't blame you, man. I'm not enjoying this at all either, but I just think it's necessary because the same thing has happened with every post Fergie manager this past decade plus in terms of failing managers getting a free pass whilst everyone else from the board members to the players get abuse. I'm not excusing them either for the most part as the board and players have disappointed, too, but that doesn't excuse the managers faults.

It sucks, but I'm all for keeping ten Hag until there are no excuses left. Until the fan base can just admit he himself wasn't up to the job. I think that mindset change will help tremendously with future managers as then there will be no hesitancy in criticising them if they end up failing, too, and we'll be quicker to act instead of prolonging things as we have done with every full time manager post Fergie.

these poll numbers are looking identical prior to him beating city....then half the caf got hoodwinked , believed in fairy tales and changed their vote

just sack him and be done

Last edited:
At least ETH now has a strong squad of defenders and defensive midfielders (Mainoo, Ugarte and Casemiro).

So only need to improve the attack now!

I don't ave a strong antipathy against Utd, I really don't, I prefer you guys to any other Big 6 team except us.
My view on this comes with the obvious small caveat that I do prefer you end up behind us in the table. For that reason alone I've been in the EtH 'in' camp.

Changed my vote to 'sack' now, but I am still kind of hoping you don't yet as I'd like to build up a cushion first.

Still here but nobody knows why
Two games to save his job before two weeks over international break to reset and find ways to improve.

I am now 100% certain he will be on our bench when I travel for Brentford game in 2.5 weeks.

Two games to save his job before two weeks over international break to reset and find ways to improve.

I am now 100% certain he will be on our bench when I travel for Brentford game in 2.5 weeks.
I never understand this whole next X games are so important. The guy has been here for so long - we know he’s not good enough. 3 wins / losses on the bounce won’t change anything.

Still here but nobody knows why
Sacking and planning replacement etc takes some time. No need to be knee jerk to to sucumb to fan pressure after a result and not have a plan in place. ETH is toast its a matter of time

I never understand this whole next X games are so important. The guy has been here for so long - we know he’s not good enough. 3 wins / losses on the bounce won’t change anything.
Oh, it will though. Not only in the way they (INEOS) perceive them but also the narrative on here. We’ve seen this before.

Thing is, his tactics have been shite for the last 18 months. I can only recall 2 standout games.

So he’s shit at tactics, and shit at people management.
Best performances were City cup final (albeit execution of a non-repeatable game plan), the Barca games, the first half at Crystal Palace and the home game against Spurs in his first season.

I can't think of many others?

Thing is, his tactics have been shite for the last 18 months. I can only recall 2 standout games.

So he’s shit at tactics, and shit at people management.
It's possible that he does have great tactical knowledge, but lacks the skills to communicate it in the right way

I hear you. After that first game of last season, at home to a manager less Wolves I think it was. Where we scraped a 1 goal win and everyone was happy with the win despite the performance.

Ever since then I lost my belief in this guy. I really didn't expect him to last this long.

I don't ave a strong antipathy against Utd, I really don't, I prefer you guys to any other Big 6 team except us.
My view on this comes with the obvious small caveat that I do prefer you end up behind us in the table. For that reason alone I've been in the EtH 'in' camp.

Changed my vote to 'sack' now, but I am still kind of hoping you don't yet as I'd like to build up a cushion first.

:lol:

I've got a bad feeling that he stays till the end of the season, no matter what. I don't think INEOS have any ideas of where they could go with this if they sack him now. It's something a few of us said to those who were asking for him to be allowed the start of the season, if he fails immediately then there'll be less options on the table then there were in the summer. It's just infuriating as you could see such a big issue coming a mile off with this approach, so how could these great football guys we now apparently have not see it? The only options now are the same as the summer, minus those that got a job elsewhere. Incompetency at it's finest.

I've got a bad feeling that he stays till the end of the season, no matter what. I don't think INEOS have any ideas of where they could go with this if they sack him now. It's something a few of us said to those who were asking for him to be allowed the start of the season, if he fails immediately then there'll be less options on the table then there were in the summer. It's just infuriating as you could see such a big issue coming a mile off with this approach, so how could these great football guys we now apparently have not see it? The only options now are the same as the summer, minus those that got a job elsewhere. Incompetency at it's finest.
He will stay till the end of season, just make peace with it. 50/50 whether we actually let him go in the Summer or try to fix things with him still in charge by bringing him better players.