Eric Cantona: Looking For Manchester

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
This is on ITV tomorrow night at 10:35pm ...

A celebration of Manchester and its football, this film explores many Mancunians’ raison d'être: the love of their football team. Join Manchester United legend Eric Cantona as the film follows a selection of charismatic, passionate Manchester United and Manchester City fans in the run up to the second Manchester derby of the 2009/10 season.

Interwoven between fans’ stories, interviews with key footballers, journalists and musicians connected with the city feature. These contributors offer insight and entertaining personal stories which highlight the rivalry between the blues and the reds and what it means to be a fan of either team. They also illustrate why football and music are so important to the people of Manchester.

The film culminates with the crucial derby day itself, following the ups and downs of the game with fans in the stadium. Football fans will identify with the passion on display and the highly contrasting reactions to the result. The film’s finale sees Eric Cantona surprise each of the featured fans, arriving unannounced at their home – to their complete shock and delight!

Airing in prime time on ITV1 in the UK, the film captures the fans’ hopes and fears and show just how important their club is to them; emotions football supporters from around the world will identify with.​

IMG Media Programming - LOOKING FOR MANCHESTER WITH ERIC CANTONA

Obviously not, I'm on the internet, aren't I? I don't have a TV out of choice (I've got two kids who I don't want watching shite all day and begging for the latest toys or bags of bloody haribo) and the only thing I miss is MOTD really. Have to wait for people to upload stuff if it's not on iplayer etc.

Should be able to watch it on ITV Player after it's been broadcast ... ITV Player

Just watched it today - was on TV over here in The Netherlands after the Arsenal game.

Was really good - comments from Sir Bobby, Sir Alex, Giggs, and of course Eric.

Also points of view from the other side of the city - as well as the goals from our two last minute wins against City that season - plus some of their fans reactions!!

Was great to see Eric show up in peoples living rooms and just talk football with them!

Obviously not, I'm on the internet, aren't I? I don't have a TV out of choice (I've got two kids who I don't want watching shite all day and begging for the latest toys or bags of bloody haribo) and the only thing I miss is MOTD really. Have to wait for people to upload stuff if it's not on iplayer etc.

Should be able to watch it on ITV Player after it's been broadcast ... ITV Player

Or you could just watch it at the same time as everyone else using TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again . You know you can watch MotD using that site as well, right?

What about that git when Eric walks in his living room and he stays sitting down barely looking at him whilst his Paddy dad is nearly creaming himself?

Is this the first time you lot have seen this show? I've seen it about three times, it was on in June on Fox Sports in Sydney....

What about that git when Eric walks in his living room and he stays sitting down barely looking at him whilst his Paddy dad is nearly creaming himself?

Is this the first time you lot have seen this show? I've seen it about three times, it was on in June on Fox Sports in Sydney....

I had never seen it before. They got a fair few things wrong though. You would have thought they would have got their reasearch done properly.
Not a bad program all in all though, roll on Wednesday

First time Johnno

How do they (most of 'em) keep so calm when Cantona waltzes in? Have they been briefed? Maybe there were retakes... coz I can't imagine being anywhere near as calm having Eric the King in your home.

Ha, the little kid at the end:

Who do we like? The Reds!
Who do we hate? The blues!
Who else do we hate? The scousers!

How do they (most of 'em) keep so calm when Cantona waltzes in? Have they been briefed? Maybe there were retakes... coz I can't imagine being anywhere near as calm having Eric the King in your home.

Shock?

Could have watched that for another couple of hours - was too short!

I chuckled at how they (intentionally I suppose) had their cameras trained on the only two City supporters in the entire World who were not 'effing and blinding' when that Scholesy header goes in at the last minute! Shame they didn't zoom in on some real bitter bitters.:lol:

That Scholes header... The second windows figure out how to propper video wallpapers I'm getting than in HD.

First time Johnno

I'm really surprised about that, I would have thought it would have been on there first, was shown here yonks ago, I saw it before I went to England in August...

That Natalie Pike though, cor blimey.

There are naked pictures of her on the internet although I would advise anyone interested to not show them on this site or Sultan will chop your hands off for stealing a grapefruit.