Elyh Harrison | On loan at Chester FC

If no club or manager at that level was interested in making him the no.1 it’s kind of pointless. As long as he gets games in first team environment where every result actually matters, I’m happy.
Oh for sure. He needs regular football in a first team environment, but I'm disappointed at how far he's had to drop. He's talented enough to be playing at a higher level and I'm surprised that a better club haven't come in for him. Perhaps they question his physicality? Even so, he's proactive and good on the ball. Would have been nice to see him join a like-minded club.

Oh for sure. He needs regular football in a first team environment, but I'm disappointed at how far he's had to drop. He's talented enough to be playing at a higher level and I'm surprised that a better club haven't come in for him. Perhaps they question his physicality? Even so, he's proactive and good on the ball. Would have been nice to see him join a like-minded club.

It’s just very rare that a club fighting for promotion or against relegation in Championship/League One/Two would be willing to trust an 18-year old keeper to be their no.1. Unless you’re Casillas/Buffon/Donnarumma level, which Harrison, while very talented, is not.

It’s just very rare that a club fighting for promotion or against relegation in Championship/League One/Two would be willing to trust an 18-year old keeper to be their no.1. Unless you’re Casillas/Buffon/Donnarumma level, which Harrison, while very talented, is not.
Of course those three keepers were way beyond Championship/League One/League Two level even at 18. I'd like to think that there would be a bit of a middle ground and that Harrison would have fallen into that. Vitek went straight to League Two last season at 19. If the opportunity wasn't there, then fair enough. I'm just a bit underwhelmed by it. Wish him well though of course.

Of course those three keepers were way beyond Championship/League One/League Two level even at 18. I'd like to think that there would be a bit of a middle ground and that Harrison would have fallen into that. Vitek went straight to League Two last season at 19. If the opportunity wasn't there, then fair enough. I'm just a bit underwhelmed by it. Wish him well though of course.

Yeah I get your point. Perhaps League Two/National League could've been possible. Maybe the player/club also wanted him to stay close to Manchester.

Yeah I get your point. Perhaps League Two/National League could've been possible. Maybe the player/club also wanted him to stay close to Manchester.
Harrison will continue to train at Carrington on certain days so distance is an important factor. It is the same set up as Henderson’s early loans where he did a day or two a week still at Carrington.

I was hoping he'd get a loan at a slightly higher level but once you get to late August and squads are largely settled it's difficult. When journos were saying the other day we were trying to find him a move before the deadline I worried he'd end up stuck benchwarming somewhere. At least with Chester he should start (their previous #1 is injured apparently), it's a club we obviously have a good relationship with and he'll still get to train with us. Could he still play for us in the UYL I wonder?

It's the same pathway as Henderson. The difference is we now have a youth loan rule so he can always return to train with us and even play for the U21s.

"On 12 January 2016, he was loaned to National League North club Stockport County on an initial one-month loan.[10] He made his Stockport County debut, where he played the whole game, in a 1–1 draw against Nuneaton Town on 16 January 2016.[11]

On 22 February 2016, due to an injury crisis, Henderson was recalled from loan and had his first call-up to a senior Manchester United game, sitting on the bench during a 3–0 FA Cup victory away to Shrewsbury Town.[12]

Henderson then returned to Stockport County to complete his loan spell.[13] His first game after signing for the club for the second time was a 2–0 loss against North Ferriby United on 26 March 2016.[14] He went on to make nine appearances for Stockport County and kept three clean sheets."

A 3-0 win, clean sheet and a couple of decent saves (according to Chester FC’s twitter).

Excellent. Interested to follow this lad's progress, even though it is extremely unlikely an academy GK making it here.

Guy I know runs the bar at Chester’s stadium and he has been saying how great he looks in particular with the ball at his feet.

We know he is good with the ball at his feet but it’s the the other aspects of the game I’m hoping to see develop. Communication with his back 4, commanding his area and concentration. Pleased for his confidence he has started well.