Eduardo Camavinga

He has played every game for them this season.
Half as a starter half as a sub. He's not a nailed starter by any means, also they play him in different positions such as left back.

They're clearly aiming him to be a nailed starter in the short term but as of now he isn't

By not having a ‘oh we already have a player in this position’ mentality when it comes to signing talent and having a manager who manages the squad well. He has played plenty of games this season
I meant convincing the player to join them without warranties of being a nailed starter. I doubt we could manage that.

How does Madrid manage to get this world class talents without even offering starting places is a mystery to me.

Camavinga would be starting from pretty much any club.
By having a whole country and continent keeping the narrative over decades that they are the best club ever.

In England the press downplays every club bar liverpool and the new millionaires.

I meant convincing the player to join them without warranties of being a nailed starter. I doubt we could manage that.
Non starters at United are discussed as not good enough. I listen to the football brains in this country discuss how a club needs an identifiable starting 11. These are all undermining to squad concept that’s helped teams like Bayern and Madrid to get talent in without such assurances.
We tend to under rate how what we hear from the shapes our thinking. I believe a team should have 20 player competing to start games. Madrid have always shown themself to have the will to bench stars that are underperforming.

They don't stop themselves from selling the project and club to a player just because they have a player in their position. City do it too, they understand you need both a high-quality squad and the ability to replace aging stars and they sell that to the recruits. "Come and play with Modric and Kroos and you'll replace them"

Camavinga was a very young player that was convinced to join Real Madrid because they are a great club, with great veterans that are on the way out. Since Real Madrid is supposed to be a long term move, a player like Camavinga that is good enough to take minutes away from starters is not only more likely to accept the challenge but also embrace the idea of being surrounded by the likes of Kroos, Modric or Casemiro who by all accounts are great teammates and professionals.