Eberechi Eze

Very good player

However if we’re gonna spunk a big chunk of rather we do it on Musiala and/or Williams

I'd say this is in the same ball park as Pogue's post in the Ugarte hero thread, where he thinks we're not a serious club anymore (the new Spurs) because we don't sign the best players.

Realistically, Musiala is not going to join this United side. He's one of, if not the most, spectacular young players on the planet and already at a top club. Linked with City. We'll see about the 115, but we're not a team that challenges in the league. Now, even though I'm on the fence with ETH, it is mostly to do with not knowing which manager I'd like to come in, and I'd rather not a manager in midseason, but we are a team that's quite obviously rebuilding and doing so slowly in a very competitive environment. Getting in the best players in the world at this moment in time is quite unrealistic I'd say. If we have a great season, which surely is unlikely, then maybe it's a conversation next summer. The lack of attraction coupled with us veering away from silly contracts likely means these players will not be joining until we are genuinely a top side again or clearly showing evidence of becoming that.

I'm not averse to us building slowly, at all. I think it's healthy to build a young hungry team with 2-3 more experienced players that have a point to prove (de Ligt as an example).

Getting in the best players in the world at this moment in time is quite unrealistic I'd say

Never made Man Utd the best team in the world either. Buying some of the best players from the PL did. Same with Liverpool and Arsenal.

I'd say this is in the same ball park as Pogue's post in the Ugarte hero thread, where he thinks we're not a serious club anymore (the new Spurs) because we don't sign the best players.

Realistically, Musiala is not going to join this United side. He's one of, if not the most, spectacular young players on the planet and already at a top club. Linked with City. We'll see about the 115, but we're not a team that challenges in the league. Now, even though I'm on the fence with ETH, it is mostly to do with not knowing which manager I'd like to come in, and I'd rather not a manager in midseason, but we are a team that's quite obviously rebuilding and doing so slowly in a very competitive environment. Getting in the best players in the world at this moment in time is quite unrealistic I'd say. If we have a great season, which surely is unlikely, then maybe it's a conversation next summer. The lack of attraction coupled with us veering away from silly contracts likely means these players will not be joining until we are genuinely a top side again or clearly showing evidence of becoming that.

I'm not averse to us building slowly, at all. I think it's healthy to build a young hungry team with 2-3 more experienced players that have a point to prove (de Ligt as an example).
So why not getting him (Eze) in , according to your arguments, it makes sense:)

Never made Man Utd the best team in the world either. Buying some of the best players from the PL did. Same with Liverpool and Arsenal.

Sure. But the PL is radically different now to what it was when SAF was cherry picking the best talent. We are not the top dogs and the competition is a lot more crowded. Plenty have money and others are better situated to challenge. That being said, I do agree with buying good players from within the league, but we've also got a mammoth task ahead of us in rebuilding the squad and we've just seen what the PL tax with Branthwaite and Guehi. Olise was a very interesting option, but still at the rumoured price and his recent injury record quite risky.

So why not getting him (Eze) in , according to your arguments, it makes sense:)

I like him. I think he'd make sense as an attacker. Not sure what Palace would want for him though, might be very steep.

I don't see it with Eze, would much rather splash the cash for Kvaratskhelia, he's a real star!
Problem is how difficult Napoli is to deal with.

I don't see it with Eze, would much rather splash the cash for Kvaratskhelia, he's a real star!
Problem is how difficult Napoli is to deal with.

I’m with you. For the price they would want for Eze, we are better of trying to get Kvararskhelia or Antony Gordon.

where he thinks we're not a serious club anymore (the new Spurs) because we don't sign the best players

Saying this in the same summer we signed Yoro is funny.

Also, Spurs cannot attract names like De Ligt IMO, at least not regularly.

If we sell Rashford or Bruno. Till then I dont see it not because of the money but because I would imagine that when he leaves Palace he'll want to be starting or if hes rotated/backup it will be for a team that are likely to win the league

If we sell Rashford or Bruno. Till then I dont see it not because of the money but because I would imagine that when he leaves Palace he'll want to be starting or if hes rotated/backup it will be for a team that are likely to win the league
And selling Mount ?

His Release Clause is 70 mio , there are much More expensive forwards out there next Summer
He has something special in his game, I like that

And selling Mount ?

His Release Clause is 70 mio , there are much More expensive forwards out there next Summer
He has something special in his game, I like that

I think if we bought him he'd start over Mount. I'm not sure thats the case with Rashford and certainly not Bruno

I think if we bought him he'd start over Mount. I'm not sure thats the case with Rashford and certainly not Bruno

He would start over Rashford, unless he dramatically turns his form around

Eze is a better player than Gordon
Imagine thinking Anthony Gordon represents better value for money than Eze ‍:nono:

Eze is will be 27 when he leaves next season, has only played for Crystal Palace which isn’t as big as Everton or Newcastle.

Antony Gordon will be 24, more explosive and when you look at the type of wingers we need, this is what we lack.

But you are both trying to tell me Eze is where the better value is? Don’t get lost in the shoulder faints, Amad is more than capable of that.

The fact if the matter is pretty much all the players mentioned would be really good signings.

Eze, Williams, Gordon and especially Kvararskhelia would all make a huge difference to us. The latter would be my preference (doubt we can get him) but swapping any for Rashford would be night and day.

Saying this in the same summer we signed Yoro is funny.

Also, Spurs cannot attract names like De Ligt IMO, at least not regularly.

Aye, I think it'd be fair enough last season but now the new hierarchy has been here 5 minutes and we've had a clear shift this summer, even if it's not been perfect it certainly looks a lot healthier than before (and they arrived in July).

We clearly have a bigger draw than the likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, but a team like City can offer titles and at the moment Arsenal and Liverpool can offer a genuine challenge for titles. Chelsea can offer 8-9 years of guaranteed income but I'm not sure what else.

But players like Musiala are going to be coveted by all the big clubs if they are looking to move and I'd assume we're not at the front of the queue.

Eze is a better player than Gordon
Gordon is closer to the style of player that we actually need, an actual winger who holds width. I'm sick of the "wingers" who are really just wide playmakers and roam inside all the time to be another 10. It's not the right type of player for United and it limits your team because you don't get proper threat out wide.

Good player but I always thought Olise was the better of the two. He's become the main man now so we notice him more.

I think we're sorted with Bruno / Mount for the next 2-3 years at #10. I'd be more interested in RW (if Amad doesn't work out), CM (a younger Eriksen type -- we're mostly heavy on ball carrier types, not passers from deep) and LB (Shaw is done) next year. Maybe a return to United for Gomes too.

Good player but I always thought Olise was the better of the two. He's become the main man now so we notice him more.

I think we're sorted with Bruno / Mount for the next 2-3 years at #10. I'd be more interested in RW (if Amad doesn't work out), CM (a younger Eriksen type -- we're mostly heavy on ball carrier types, not passers from deep) and LB (Shaw is done) next year. Maybe a return to United for Gomes too.
This is the guy we should have spent 60m on instead of Mount. Much better player.

Eze is will be 27 when he leaves next season, has only played for Crystal Palace which isn’t as big as Everton or Newcastle.

Antony Gordon will be 24, more explosive and when you look at the type of wingers we need, this is what we lack.

But you are both trying to tell me Eze is where the better value is? Don’t get lost in the shoulder faints, Amad is more than capable of that.

Actually we lack creativity which is what Eze excels at, one being 24 and the other 27 has nothing to do with their respective quality.
Gordan is a good player, he is akin to Garnacho in that he is more of an explosive wingers looking to take players on and score goals.
Eze is more akin to someone like Bernado Silva I think its quite obvious which one we lack

Gordon is closer to the style of player that we actually need, an actual winger who holds width. I'm sick of the "wingers" who are really just wide playmakers and roam inside all the time to be another 10. It's not the right type of player for United and it limits your team because you don't get proper threat out wide.

I don't agree with you on this. Gordan is closer to the style and profile of wingers we already have ala Rashford and Garnacho, the ones we have who match Eze are either unproven (Amad) or clearly not good enough (Antony)

I don't agree with you on this. Gordan is closer to the style and profile of wingers we already have ala Rashford and Garnacho, the ones we have who match Eze are either unproven (Amad) or clearly not good enough (Antony)
I don't really think Eze is like Amad. Amad has shown he holds width really well to progress and eventually yeah he does cut inside but he does get at defenders from wide. Garnacho and Amad are kind of like a lesser version of Nico Williams and Lamine Yamal, which is definitely the style of wingers I love to watch and think all top clubs aim for.

Eze for me isn't really a natural wide player, he's a #10 who can play wide but plays it like a wide #10 which is a thing we've tried to make work time and time again, and I always hate watching it and it never actually works. For Palace he's playing as a pair of floating 10's behind the striker, where their wing backs provide the width. That's not what we need and it's a super niche role that you really have to be a world class player to make that specific profile worth it for a top club.

Gordon is an actual winger with pace who can run with the ball and provide width, yeah like Garnacho does, but I'd have absolutely no problem having 4 wingers like that. Rashford isn't really that, he's a wide forward who is a bit shit at running with the ball but his strength is off the ball movement to make a run in behind and receive the ball over the top where he can be in a scoring chance. That's about all Rashford does... And again, for a big team, you have to be basically world class for that to be worth it and not in some way a detriment for the team. Neither Rashfords profile or Eze's profile give a natural balance to the majority of football systems, while guys like Gordon, Garnacho do fit in pretty smoothly.

If it's a question of get Eze to replace Bruno (ignoring the ages not being a good mesh), that style would be more fitting IMO. But out wide, nah not for me at all. I want my wingers out wide, spreading the pitch, carrying the ball and providing directness, creativity with dribbling, and pace and a mix of goals/assists. Garnacho (on the right) is exactly that, we need more and mainly, truly top players to actually get us up a level. That's why I'd have Kvara as my dream target, he's quality at taking players on and running with the ball and he holds that width while providing tons of creativity.

Actually we lack creativity which is what Eze excels at, one being 24 and the other 27 has nothing to do with their respective quality.
Gordan is a good player, he is akin to Garnacho in that he is more of an explosive wingers looking to take players on and score goals.
Eze is more akin to someone like Bernado Silva I think its quite obvious which one we lack

You’re looking at profiles without looking at their actual output. Gordon is creative he just doesn’t make chances in the same “style” that Eze does.

I said we lack explosive players, like what Rashford use to be. Yes Garnacho is more about output but he’s more Diogo Jota than a Rashford, Bale, CR7. As in he will try to beat a player but he’s not lightening quick.

Gordon had 10 assists over double what Eze did last season. Meanwhile Eze your “creative player” scored 11 goals last season. So maybe Eze preference is shoot first? I jest but like a said I’m looking at the attributes not the “profile”.

With the age thing. I did say “value” why would Ineos spend a reported £60+ m for a 27 year old when you can get players younger and just as good for the same price.

Last edited:
You’re looking at profiles without looking at their actual output. Antony is creative he just doesn’t make chances in the same “style” that Eze does.

I said we lack explosive players, like what Rashford use to be. Yes Garnacho is more about output but he’s more Diogo Jota than a Rashford, Bale, CR7. As in he will try to beat a player but he’s not lightening quick.

Gordon had 10 assists over double what Eze did last season. Meanwhile Eze your “creative player” scored 11 goals last season. So maybe Eze preference is shoot first? I jest but like a said I’m looking at the attributes not the “profile”.

With the age thing. I did say “value” why would Ineos spend a reported £60+ m for a 27 year old when you can get players younger and just as good for the same price.

Antony is not fit for purpose, of course I am looking at profiles, and the output is why you should not be counting Antony as a viable asset
Regarding Gordons assists, one was playing for a much better side so I would expect Gordan to have more assists playing for Newcastle. However you are wrong if you think Eze's preference is to shoot first, better to watch players play
Age wise if a player is clearly better than another then the difference in age has less impact on a players value. I happen to rate Eze far higher than Gordan, just my opinion

I don't really think Eze is like Amad. Amad has shown he holds width really well to progress and eventually yeah he does cut inside but he does get at defenders from wide. Garnacho and Amad are kind of like a lesser version of Nico Williams and Lamine Yamal, which is definitely the style of wingers I love to watch and think all top clubs aim for.

Eze for me isn't really a natural wide player, he's a #10 who can play wide but plays it like a wide #10 which is a thing we've tried to make work time and time again, and I always hate watching it and it never actually works. For Palace he's playing as a pair of floating 10's behind the striker, where their wing backs provide the width. That's not what we need and it's a super niche role that you really have to be a world class player to make that specific profile worth it for a top club.

Gordon is an actual winger with pace who can run with the ball and provide width, yeah like Garnacho does, but I'd have absolutely no problem having 4 wingers like that. Rashford isn't really that, he's a wide forward who is a bit shit at running with the ball but his strength is off the ball movement to make a run in behind and receive the ball over the top where he can be in a scoring chance. That's about all Rashford does... And again, for a big team, you have to be basically world class for that to be worth it and not in some way a detriment for the team. Neither Rashfords profile or Eze's profile give a natural balance to the majority of football systems, while guys like Gordon, Garnacho do fit in pretty smoothly.

If it's a question of get Eze to replace Bruno (ignoring the ages not being a good mesh), that style would be more fitting IMO. But out wide, nah not for me at all. I want my wingers out wide, spreading the pitch, carrying the ball and providing directness, creativity with dribbling, and pace and a mix of goals/assists. Garnacho (on the right) is exactly that, we need more and mainly, truly top players to actually get us up a level. That's why I'd have Kvara as my dream target, he's quality at taking players on and running with the ball and he holds that width while providing tons of creativity.

I think we lack an Eze type player more than a Gordon, Rashford, Garnacho type player. We really struggle against the low block and the explosive winger isn't what we lack here, we could do with both types though

I think we lack an Eze type player more than a Gordon, Rashford, Garnacho type player. We really struggle against the low block and the explosive winger isn't what we lack here, we could do with both types though
How is Eze going to help us with that precisely? He has skills to get out of tight spaces, but he created 7 big chances last season, same as Ben White, James Garner and Jordan Ayew.

Gordon created 16, one less than Ødegaard and Palmer. Scored and assisted more too.

How is Eze going to help us with that precisely? He has skills to get out of tight spaces, but he created 7 big chances last season, same as Ben White, James Garner and Jordan Ayew.

Gordon created 16, one less than Ødegaard and Palmer. Scored and assisted more too.

If you watch Palace play enough you would know Eze is very much at the heart of what they do and its not the final player who makes the pass for the assist that is always crucial

If you watch Palace play enough you would know Eze is very much at the heart of what they do and its not the final player who makes the pass for the assist that is always crucial
I don't doubt that, I'm just a bit on the fence with him. He doesn't strike me as a winger, and my personal preference are more direct wingers rather than playmaking wingers. He is very good, though and exciting player to watch. Probably would turn into Antony if he played for us.

I don't doubt that, I'm just a bit on the fence with him. He doesn't strike me as a winger, and my personal preference are more direct wingers rather than playmaking wingers. He is very good, though and exciting player to watch. Probably would turn into Antony if he played for us.

Antony just isn't good enough, we need both direct and playmaking wingers if we ever want to move to controlling games and not just playing transition football

He is a London boy and would not settle in the north just like AWB and Wilf.

Aye, I think it'd be fair enough last season but now the new hierarchy has been here 5 minutes and we've had a clear shift this summer, even if it's not been perfect it certainly looks a lot healthier than before (and they arrived in July).

We clearly have a bigger draw than the likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, but a team like City can offer titles and at the moment Arsenal and Liverpool can offer a genuine challenge for titles. Chelsea can offer 8-9 years of guaranteed income but I'm not sure what else.

But players like Musiala are going to be coveted by all the big clubs if they are looking to move and I'd assume we're not at the front of the queue.
Musiala is very good friends with Zirkzee if that even gives us a little edge id explore it

Antony just isn't good enough, we need both direct and playmaking wingers if we ever want to move to controlling games and not just playing transition football

How about we just sign midfielders who can pass to their team mates. I never realised attacking forwards controlled the tempo of football games.

How about we just sign midfielders who can pass to their team mates. I never realised attacking forwards controlled the tempo of football games.

You should watch City more especially Bernado Silva, controlling the game is not just down to your central midfielders

You should watch City more especially Bernado Silva, controlling the game is not just down to your central midfielders

I watch him for Portugal. They don’t fill me with “control” when he’s playing. End of the day what you want to see is more down to how the coach wants to play than the profile of players.

However one thing is for sure players who you want to expose defenders on the 1v1 require certain skill sets and mentalities. We need more of them players. Eze has it.. but Anthony Gordon has it in abundance. It will make no difference if we have Eze or Gordon for controlling games if we want to persist with this playing approach.

I just think you’re concerned about the wrong things. We have enough players to keep hold of the football.

I watch him for Portugal. They don’t fill me with “control” when he’s playing. End of the day what you want to see is more down to how the coach wants to play than the profile of players.

However one thing is for sure players who you want to expose defenders on the 1v1 require certain skill sets and mentalities. We need more of them players. Eze has it.. but Anthony Gordon has it in abundance. It will make no difference if we have Eze or Gordon for controlling games if we want to persist with this playing approach.

I just think you’re concerned about the wrong things. We have enough players to keep hold of the football.

We don't and it shows under multiple managers

Musiala is very good friends with Zirkzee if that even gives us a little edge id explore it

Don't get me wrong, if there's the slightest chance, of course we should be in for him. Not sure him and Bruno would function that well together and I don't think Bruno has it in him to be a more positionally disciplined player further back. Musiala likes to play from the left, but they'd likely occupy similar spaces. Musiala or not, I'd rather we go to a 433 without Bruno going forward, but that new contract means that's unlikely.