Drogba

RedorDead6899

Acid tongued, and often called evil, but kind to s
24 million.

Strong, quite quick, decent enough lump up front.

Apart from that he's shite.

Wouldn't get a game for United, Arsenal, Liverpool or even Newcastle.

That and he's one hell of a moaning annoying cnut, cut you hair you twat, and shut your lip.

hes decent..nothing special.. got strength but doesnt look like hel ever be world class. Theyl go get another striker in the summer.

What I find really embarrasing is that he's inveriably the biggest player on the pitch, yet he spends more time on the floor than anyone, barring Joe Cole.

He had one good european season thats it, even in the french league cisse was a lot better than him.
I doubt he would be a first team chelski player next season.

scored 1 from 10 chances yesterday, says pretty much all

I've never seen such a big strapping player act like such pansy. This guy should be eating defenders for breakfast.

Instead, he prefers to scream when he's challenged and roll around like a 4 year old.

He's scored a few tap ins this season, but you could see from mourinho and drogba's faces last night that he just isn't good enough.

Bodzilla's views please....

Overrated yes but he would play at Newcastle though. Better then Kluivert.

He's good but needs to be replaced with Adriano next season.

Every player needs at least a year to settle in, we haven't seen the best of him yet.

JazzG said:
Every player needs at least a year to settle in, we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Fair enough.

JazzG said:
Its different in his case, he is getting into goal scoring positions unlike forlan.
I don see what settling has got to do with putting away chances.
If his link up play was poor then I would understand your point

Henry was missing most of his chances as well when he first started playing for us.

JazzG said:
Henry was missing most of his chances as well when he first started playing for us.

At least he wasn't a striker before he came to ARSEnal. There's no chance Drogba will neverever live up to his price tag.

Wasn't Henry playing on the wing though?

Isn't Drogba a bit old to be playing under the will do better tag?

With foreign players coming over it always takes abit of time to settle on and off the pitch. Pires was terrible in his first season but probably the best midfielder in Europe the next so everyone deserves at least 2 seasons. Look at Reyes for us, fecking superb player but he is struggling with his personal life and until he sorts that out he won't get to his peak

Nah I don't buy it at all.

Chelsea bought him cos he was flavour of the month, he's now turning out to be limited and a big poof.

RedorDead6899 said:
24 million.

Strong, quite quick, decent enough lump up front.

Apart from that he's shite.

Wouldn't get a game for United, Arsenal, Liverpool or even Newcastle.

That and he's one hell of a moaning annoying cnut, cut you hair you twat, and shut your lip.
I think he will make first 11 in Newcastle. But Tottenhem has better strikers than him, imo.

RedorDead6899 said:
Nah I don't buy it at all.

Chelsea bought him cos he was flavour of the month, he's now turning out to be limited and a big poof.

Top scorer for a team that won the league. In his first season.

Not too bad for a limited player eh?
You could do with him yourself, what with Morientes not living up to all the hype and all....;)

crappycraperson said:
Its different in his case, he is getting into goal scoring positions unlike forlan.
I don see what settling has got to do with putting away chances.
If his link up play was poor then I would understand your point
i agree.. i do think hes a good player.. but he just doesnt score enough goals.. gets into the positions but doesnt seem to be a natural goalscorer like ruud or a creater of chances.. good header of the ball though.

And what happened to kezmen.. when he arrived at chelsea, he was claiming this and that..

JazzG said:
With foreign players coming over it always takes abit of time to settle on and off the pitch. Pires was terrible in his first season but probably the best midfielder in Europe the next so everyone deserves at least 2 seasons. Look at Reyes for us, fecking superb player but he is struggling with his personal life and until he sorts that out he won't get to his peak

Ruud settled in almost immediately. Veron was superb his first two months with United. Sucked ass from there on. Most players do take time to adapt, but some settle in quickly and show class. Ruud is one of the best in the world, Drogba will probably never make it. 24m for a future backup...suddenly Saha's price tag doesn't look so bad. ;)

Stamford Bridge said:
Top scorer for a team that won the league. In his first season.

Not too bad for a limited player eh?
You could do with him yourself, what with Morientes not living up to all the hype and all....;)

What?

Morientes is great cheers.

Drogba is rubbish

José tried to buy him from Guingamp before Drogba eventually moved to Marseille. He has had his oeye on him for a few years.

He has been very good in some macthes, and very bad (re: last night) in others. His season has been ruined by injuries, but one thing that he always does is work his ass off for the team. Defense starts up front, and Drogba puts in more then his fair share of defensive work.

He is our leading scorer, even though he has missed nearly 3 months through injury this year. Not bad considering he is in a new country, culture, team, league and hasn't had our strongest team around him very much(Robben and Drogba have barely played together).

I've said it here a few times already. He was never a £24m player, but if we didn't spend that much Marseille simply wouldn't sell him to us. José wanted him and made it clear that he wanted him no matter the price.

Not as good as Cissé in Ligue 1? He was player of the year over there last year, not Cissé. Marseille fans absolutely adore him and a bunch of them are now regular posters on the Chelsea site I go to, they have just follwed him. He made THAT kind of impact last year.

Next year we will see the best of him. Not the best player out there, and never will be. But I feel he will bcome a VERY good striker in this league.

drogba is much better than cisse, no question about that, for marseille, he was there best player, performed on his own. that he left was very bitter for marseille (always when the best player leaves) and now at chelsea i cant stand him! even more arrogant, and was never able to perfrom on that level you would have expected.

Michel04 said:
drogba is much better than cisse, no question about that, for marseille, he was there best player, performed on his own. that he left was very bitter for marseille (always when the best player leaves) and now at chelsea i cant stand him! even more arrogant, and was never able to perfrom on that level you would have expected.

Michel do you support l'OM as a second team?

If you do, you have to admire what Drogba did in Le Parc des Princes this season, no?

Bodzilla said:
Michel do you support l'OM as a second team?

If you do, you have to admire what Drogba did in Le Parc des Princes this season, no?
well, my grandparents are from marseille, so the whole family supports their "local" team. i am not a big fan, i only keep informed how and whats going on there and hope they win as much as possible.

yes, you have to admire him for what he did in the past, he was a little bit cocky, and that was good. but now, he is so over confident, it's too much, cant stand his acting and showing off. now he thinks he's the best in the world, everyone else is not as good as he is. thats the impression that i've got, you will have another.
but, i admit it, it's also because he left marsaille, that was sad for the club :angel:

Were you aware that after scoring (scored twice actually) in Paris this year, for Chelsea, he ran towards the PSG supporters yelling "Allez l'OM, Allez l'OM"?

Drogba, Makelele, and Gallas were all booed every time they touched the ball, due to the allegencies to Marseille.

JazzG said:
2001/2002

:lol: :lol: Pires has never been the best midfielder in Europe.

Did you see what Zidane and Ballack were doing that season? Oops, no you were :wenger:

Pires was feckin AWESOME that year. He was right there, rubbing shoulders with the best. He may not have been #1, but he was damn near close.

Bodzilla said:
Defense starts up front, and Drogba puts in more then his fair share of defensive work.

:lol: i recall the scousers used to say that ALLLLLL the time when defending Heskeys contribution to the team. hehehe

Was Heskey ever their leading scorer, like Drogba is for us? ;)

Mourinho will NOT play a forward who doesn't work their arse off. That is why you will never see us sign Ronaldo, or players like him.