Television Doctor Who 60th Anniversary

pauldyson1uk

I thought the 3rd special was brilliant, even did not mind the regeneration, great to see Bonnie again, remember her time with Colin Baker.
I think the Tennent return has been a success.
I think the new doctor will be good, interested to see where they take the bi-regen story.
Two Doctors Two TARDIS’s, could be a winner.

or maybe not after reading the spoiler above :wenger:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I thought the 3rd special was brilliant, even did not mind the regeneration, great to see Bonnie again, remember her time with Colin Baker.
I think the Tennent return has been a success.
I think the new doctor will be good, interested to see where they take the bi-regen story.
Two Doctors Two TARDIS’s, could be a winner.

or maybe not after reading the spoiler above :wenger:
It was incredible. I have no clue what fans of the show actually like about Doctor Who if they think that was shit - though it is getting huge praise generally. In just one hour we had a brilliant villain reintroduced and defeated in a very similar way they were originally, scary ass dolls, cutting satirical look at the social media age of opinions, hilarious yet haunting callbacks to the companions and their demises, the retconning of Timeless child (I’m taking it that way anyway), genuine character development of the doctor with his constant need to move on, the introduction of a brilliant new doctor, a multi-doctor story, a lovely resolution for 14, that spice girls scene and - most important - a soft reboot allowing the 15th Doctor to be care free and all about having fun not weighed down by the emotional baggage of the time war, flux, companions leaving etc. We’ve done mopey woe is me doctor - time to start anew. It was quite simply fecking fantastic and Ncuti seemed both familiar but completely fresh with charisma oozing out of him. I can’t wait for Xmas day - Doctor Who is back!

Trequarista10

It was incredible. I have no clue what fans of the show actually like about Doctor Who if they think that was shit - though it is getting huge praise generally. In just one hour we had a brilliant villain reintroduced and defeated in a very similar way they were originally, scary ass dolls, cutting satirical look at the social media age of opinions, hilarious yet haunting callbacks to the companions and their demises, the retconning of Timeless child (I’m taking it that way anyway), genuine character development of the doctor with his constant need to move on, the introduction of a brilliant new doctor, a multi-doctor story, a lovely resolution for 14, that spice girls scene and - most important - a soft reboot allowing the 15th Doctor to be care free and all about having fun not weighed down by the emotional baggage of the time war, flux, companions leaving etc. We’ve done mopey woe is me doctor - time to start anew. It was quite simply fecking fantastic and Ncuti seemed both familiar but completely fresh with charisma oozing out of him. I can’t wait for Xmas day - Doctor Who is back!
Absolutely agreed, and I was sceptical before. I used to get annoyed that Doctor Who wasn't what I wanted it to be, or what I thought it should be. But I've come to appreciate that part of what makes it great is that its ever changing, the show and the personality of the Doctor can go in all kinds of different directions.

I also think it was designed to create potential for spin offs, films or specials. Disney presumably want their moneys worth from the Whoniverse, and the more Doctor Who content the better as far as I'm concerned, and it means the shows could provide different type of content simultaneously. Maybe a Torchwood style gritty drama series about UNIT with Tennant Doctor making an appearance, or I'd love it if we could get throw back specials where the Tennant Doctor visits old companions, or changes his face to another previous Doctor (like he did as the 'Curator' in I think the Van Gogh episode), or a more grown up, Sci-Fi, less cheesy direction, or go all out extremely absurdist and push the boundaries (might work as a cartoon).

jasT1981

3rd special was abaolutely brilliant. For the first time in a very long time the villian felt like a legit threat and Neil Patrick Harris was fantastic as the Toymaker.

I liked the 1st special, 2nd special I found boring (I'm not a fan of bottle episodes and it felt like a rehash of midnight) but the third was brilliant.

That Spice Girls bit had me laughing and my mouth dropped when Toymaker shot the Dr. I knew there was going to be a regeneration, but I didn't expect it to be an actual execution and expected an accident or something.

pauldyson1uk

I think all 3 specials are 10/10.
I can see what you mean about the second and Midnight, another greats EP, I thought it was a more basic story than Midnight, done perfect.
Hoping that Tennant and Tate do more Who, a cameo here and there , maybe a couple of mini series.