Denzel Dumfries

What does Dumfries offer that DAlot doesnt? Also his weaknesses are similar to me. Both good at carrying the ball, both lacking defensively, both can be sloppy onthe ball, both are deent and little more.

Bissaka is a far better option as he offers something different....If we are going to sign an attackcing fullback, at least go for one that actually offers an exciting attaking threat.

Bar Vanderson the full backs leftand rightwe are getting linked with are giving me little enthusiam at all

I think Dalot is much better on the ball than Dumfries. Dumfries is a lot of energy and power. Dumfries also isnt that good at carrying the ball. Dumfries is good at running forward using his pace and power and then receiving the ball when he is already running. He isnt amazing at receiving the ball and then having to start to run with it.

Dalot can invert and play a bit like a midfielder because he is usually quite good at passing. No way Dumfries can play in an inverted role. He does not have the technical ability for that role.

I wouldnt buy Dumfries if i already have Dalot.

Not that keen on Mazraoui, but would prefer him to Dumfries. The latter is a good player, just not the profile of RB I think we need.

Why? AWB at least fulfill the English quota and younger. I'd rather keep AWB, try to extend another 2 years.

What does Dumfries offer that DAlot doesnt? Also his weaknesses are similar to me. Both good at carrying the ball, both lacking defensively, both can be sloppy onthe ball, both are deent and little more.

Bissaka is a far better option as he offers something different....If we are going to sign an attackcing fullback, at least go for one that actually offers an exciting attaking threat.

Bar Vanderson the full backs leftand rightwe are getting linked with are giving me little enthusiam at all
Dalot was heads and shoulders above AWB offensively and defensively. This narrative that he is weak defensively is embarrassing after the season he had.

Dumfries isn't a defender at all. He is more of a winger than a defender. Wing back role at Inter suits him perfectly though.

Good footballer but so unlikeable. Serial diver, cares more about getting a free kick by faking a head injury than defending. I'd like to keep that type of footballer at a minimum at the club I watch every week.
He's a very nice guy off the pitch though. And who cares if someone cheats when he's on your team :p

Why? AWB at least fulfill the English quota and younger. I'd rather keep AWB, try to extend another 2 years.
Being young and English is a reason to keep a player?

Dalot was heads and shoulders above AWB offensively and defensively. This narrative that he is weak defensively is embarrassing after the season he had.

Dumfries isn't a defender at all. He is more of a winger than a defender. Wing back role at Inter suits him perfectly though.
He had a deent season, so many performances littered with mistakes. Im not going into the Dalot and Bissaka comparisons. I just find it weird, that though so many ofour squad were absent through injury or were mainly awful last season, that Dalot is being lauded for a season of being decent and even labelled top 5 in the world, its madness.
Imnot slating him for being bad, he was decent and I like his attitude and love for the club....its more slating the fans that are massively over rating him as if he is world class and a great attacking full back andreally competent defensively, as he is none of these things....reminds me of all the Lindelof being a fantastic ball playing centre back whenhe had his one good spell here for a few months....its blinkered bias

I think Dalot is much better on the ball than Dumfries. Dumfries is a lot of energy and power. Dumfries also isnt that good at carrying the ball. Dumfries is good at running forward using his pace and power and then receiving the ball when he is already running. He isnt amazing at receiving the ball and then having to start to run with it.

Dalot can invert and play a bit like a midfielder because he is usually quite good at passing. No way Dumfries can play in an inverted role. He does not have the technical ability for that role.

I wouldnt buy Dumfries if i already have Dalot.
Well its all opinion but DAlots passing range talk baffles me personally as like Lindelof before, I just dont see it at all. Asan attaking full back I think DAlotisstrong in his shooting, the rest Ireally dont see....I DO thinkhisstrength is running with the ball butpretty muchhow you just described Dumfries....so if he is weakerthan DAlot at it...have to ask how is replacing Bissaka who offers defensive aspects improving us? I know you have nt said it does...disagree with what yousay on DAlot, but does reinforcefeelings...DUmfries for Bissaka.....just no

I think the trouble with having a backup who is completing different to our starting RB is that if the starting RB gets injured then we have to completely alter our patterns of play on the right hand side. Whereas if we sign Dumfries to replace Wan-Bissaka then our two RBs can be interchangeable without it having a significant impact on our tactical approach.
Get the sentimentbut have weever done that when Bissaka has come in before?

He had a deent season, so many performances littered with mistakes.
Dalot had a month or so in the middle of the season where he went off the boil and made some mistakes, but before that and after that he was solid (if not better). Even during that period the mistakes were exaggerated a fair bit.

Does that mean he made no mistakes at all outside of that period? Of course not. But find me a fullback who is expected to either invert or get forward a lot that doesn't get caught out at times.

I think the trouble with having a backup who is completing different to our starting RB is that if the starting RB gets injured then we have to completely alter our patterns of play on the right hand side. Whereas if we sign Dumfries to replace Wan-Bissaka then our two RBs can be interchangeable without it having a significant impact on our tactical approach.
Dumfries and Dalot are very, very far away from being interchangeable. The former can't invert into midfield because he'd a poor passer with a teflon touch. Wan-Bissaka is the better technician. What you get from Dumfries is a lot of energy, physicality, and a set piece threat. He pushes high up the pitch on the overlap, can get into the box, and has good recovery.

I don't think players need to (or even should) be like-for-like in a squad anyway, but if you're argument is that Dumfries is seamlessly interchangeable with Dalot, it's a poor one.

Dumfries and Dalot are very, very far away from being interchangeable. The former can't invert into midfield because he'd a poor passer with a teflon touch. Wan-Bissaka is the better technician. What you get from Dumfries is a lot of energy, physicality, and a set piece threat. He pushes high up the pitch on the overlap, can get into the box, and has good recovery.

I don't think players need to (or even should) be like-for-like in a squad anyway, but if you're argument is that Dumfries is seamlessly interchangeable with Dalot, it's a poor one.
I have to disagree with the notion of Wan-Bissaka being a better technician. His ball progression is very poor.

I'm not saying Dumfries and Dalot are like for like, but having two RBs who will make overlapping runs at the right time will make a huge difference to our play in the final third.

Get the sentimentbut have weever done that when Bissaka has come in before?
There was a drop off in our overall play when we went from Shaw and Dalot to Wan-Bissaka and Dalot as our starting full backs (regardless of which one played LB) because of Wan-Bissaka's limitations going forward.

I have to disagree with the notion of Wan-Bissaka being a better technician. His ball progression is very poor.

I'm not saying Dumfries and Dalot are like for like, but having two RBs who will make overlapping runs at the right time will make a huge difference to our play in the final third.

There was a drop off in our overall play when we went from Shaw and Dalot to Wan-Bissaka and Dalot as our starting full backs (regardless of which one played LB) because of Wan-Bissaka's limitations going forward.
Nonsense,therewas a drop off because Shaw was out and we had no balance with players could play left back well

His GA stat is better than Dalot and he is physically stronger. I would prefer we offer Dalot for him if the opportunity arise.

Dumfries once described himself as having 'hard feet'. He is big, strong, works really hard and will never stop trying to improve himself. However on the ball he isnt the best and he just lacks that talent. His crossing isnt actually that good. I think you could compare him to Valencia as right back. Valencia was pretty good as a right back but he wasnt exactly Beckham or Trent like in his crossing.

Also i think Dumfries works better as a wing back in a 5 defender system than as a right back in a 4 defender system.

Agree, Dumfries is very similar with Valencia although Dumfries is more familiar with right back position.

We don't need technical players with Beckham-esque crossing in our full backs. We simply need healthy, strong, and fast players to stretch the opponent width and quick recovery when we got counter attack'd.

The big dog is back on the Man United transfer roundabout. Wouldnt be summer without it.

He would be a very bad signing for us to be honest. Wan Bissaka is a better player. Dalot is far better as well of course.

He would be a very bad signing for us to be honest. Wan Bissaka is a better player. Dalot is far better as well of course.
I concur. But some think he’s world class, he’s not. Bang average player who’s punching above his weight in that Inter team and Serie A just like Lukaku.

I concur. But some think he’s world class, he’s not. Bang average player who’s punching above his weight in that Inter team and Serie A just like Lukaku.
Yeah he's a very average player but has specific really good points. He's a physical beast, and has good attacking 3rd movement. He's a wing back who doesn't provide much on ball value or many defensive qualities, but he provides a good aerial threat, he's a good out ball for the "Rooney to Valencia switch" and just being a physical presence. But he's not much outside of that.