Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pass, what a goal!!!!! A headed goal that even Cristiano Ronaldo would be proud of.

De Guzman is really struggling out there. I'd sub him off at HT. Classie in.

Am I the only one who thinks if Clasie(or a midfielder) has to come on, it should be for Vlaar? Just having numbers at back won't help against attack like Spain's if Vlaar continues to play like this.

Robin

Van

Persie

world class goal from a world class player, love it.

deserved as well, Spanish conned the ref for the penalty and have had all the decisions from him as well, officials are just dire this world cup.

Did you really misspell Louis in your username? :lol:

I'm still not over that goal yet. That was stunning. Absolutely world class.

The way RVP went OOOOOOOOoooo after he managed to get his head up to see the ball had actually gone in :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Casillas venture into no mans land at some point in the champions league like that? Heads gone already from football overkill... can't remember!
Yeah, for the Atletico goal in the final.

Henry and Rio are very good!

I could listen to anything Thierry has to see, top class man.

Brilliant from RVP. Im sure Casillas was certain RVP was going to take that down on his chest. He sort of played a dummy and then headed it.
True. One of van persies many strengths is his intelligence. Even at the start of his arsenal career when he didn't score much he stood out because of his technique and his intelligence.

Cillessen not that good at diving. Other GKs would have saved that as they dive all the way to the post

That is noway a pen for me. Hard decision to make for the ref though, so I can see why he gave it.

Am I the only one who thinks if Clasie(or a midfielder) has to come on, it should be for Vlaar? Just having numbers at back won't help against attack like Spain's if Vlaar continues to play like this.

Eh? Vlaar's kept Holland in it so far today.

Great game!!!

The Samba World Cup starts tonight.

Thanks Van Persie!! the World Cup needed a great goal.

"show the love" Rio!!!

Costa has done a good job so far
Hes been terrible, so slow with the ball, poor close control and just generally useless. He should have done so much more in front of goal but instead he fails to control it and then uses his time trying to get to the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.