Day 18: Germany vs. Algeria

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Agreed. I think he's had a pretty solid game tonight. Nothing spectacular, but solid.
That's his job, too. He isn't meant to create goals or necessarily sit and protect. He works hard and breaks up play, something that is very underrated. He keeps things ticking. He allows the rest of the team to play really.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Neuer has come up with one of the most unconventionally brilliant GK performances of all time.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's been great the whole World Cup really. His passion for Germany carries him a long way.
Together with Hummels and Neuer our best performer in the tournament. Ungrateful game for him today.

Dylan94

That's his job, too. He isn't meant to create goals or necessarily sit and protect. He works hard and breaks up play, something that is very underrated. He keeps things ticking. He allows the rest of the team to play really.
Very true.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't think that's completely fair either. He's had a bad injury and chances are he's still somewhat regaining form. He's a great worker in midfield and he breaks up a lot of plays. He's not a pure anchor man though so that much I agree with.
It's not because of his injury, he was like that prior to his i jury as well. Give him freedom and he can do very good things.

RoadTrip

Together with Hummels and Neuer our best performer in the tournament. Ungrateful game for him today.
I admire his desire. Technically he's not the best footballer in the world - having said that he is still very, very good. But his desire to work and fight for everything gives him that extra bit to take him to world class IMO.

RoadTrip

It's not because of his injury, he was like that prior to his i jury as well. Give him freedom and he can do very good things.
I wasn't clear - what I mean is he isn't your traditional holding player in that he's not the best reader of play. What he will do is work exceptionally hard and press and break up play like that. The injury may cost him a yard and that does impact his game style.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wasn't clear - what I mean is he isn't your traditional holding player in that he's not the best reader of play. What he will do is work exceptionally hard and press and break up play like that. The injury may cost him a yard and that does impact his game style.
I can agree with this. :)

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Watching Ozil play these days is like watching Torres

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You are the worst person I've ever known.
Cheer up. There's a big bright world out there filled with plenty of awful people for you to hate as much as Cina. You just have to close your eyes and believe.

RoadTrip

Is the Ozil of Real Madrid lost like the Torres of Liverpool? I hope not - Ozil used to be one of my favourite players. But he's been so shit for the second half of this year.

Cina

Cheer up. There's a big bright world out there filled with plenty of awful people for you to hate as much as Cina. You just have to close your eyes and believe.
Thats the spirit. Eboue banning you has really changed you for the better.