Dan Gore | 2023/24 Performances | Port Vale (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's closer to the first team than Iqbal was last season. Also already playing/captaining almost full season with the U21s last season and so far this season has looked like he has gone up a gear, so he's not far off being ready for senior football if not already. Interesting situation.

Think he will play more than people think this season, especially if we do struggle to get any midfield reinforcements.
Agree that he seems to have matured and become quite aggressive and forceful in a positive way. Never really seems overawed.

He has good chances to feature today, given there is no McTominay in the travelling squad. Essentially, only him and Hannibal available as midfield bench options

Impressed with his cameo, seems to have a knack of retaining possession under pressure and picking the right pass. Looked unfazed and comfortable. Interesting player.

First time I ever saw this guy touch a ball I stood up and took notice and I must say, he’s continued to impress me every time. Sort of player I love, great respect for the ball, glides with it.

Decent display, think he kept it safe bar 2 or 3 moments. Just like Mainoo, he's capable of magic.

I really like him. Whether or not it's with us, I see him having a fine career in the Premier League, and will probably end up captain and a fan favourite wherever he ends up.

Very good debut for Gore, significant amount of minutes. Controlled the ball well. Better than big Scott

A midfielder comfortable with the ball at his feet first and foremost. Looked tidy.

Really like the look of him. Seems almost a bit more rounded than Meijbri, but probably hasn't got the frame for PL yet. Hopefully he'll get chances. Having him, Mainoo and Mejbri, will be difficult to share the minutes. Think he was the one who "shined" the most out of youngsters on tour (which isn't the highest bar but still)

He’s so calm and composed on the ball, makes the right decisions and presses so well. He should keep the likes of DVB and McT out of the squad. In Mainoo, him and Hannibal, we have 3 exciting young midfielders.

I like him on the ball.

Would like to see more of him to see what's he like off it. In pre-season, I recall he was putting in some serious work rate.

Great debut. Hopefully we'll be able to take more comfortable leads so he can get some more minutes.

Think he will be a good player

Excellent cameo, really do think he's a special little talent, his low centre of gravity is almost Verratti-esque. It's always so pleasing when you see a youth player able to seamlessly transition his game from the youth teams to the first team. Excited to see what else he has to offer this season.

Hopefully he can get enough football to continue his development because there's a good player in there.

How highly rated is he at youth level? Looks very comfortable on the ball at the very least

He did brilliant tonight but Palace didn't even come to play.

We had much time on the ball.

Moved really well with the ball. Did well off the ball too. Great game to debut in and I'm glad he played well.

I really think we might get lucky with him, Mainoo and Hannibal. Could genuinely be a future trio in that lot. I’ve longed for a player like Gore in our team for many a year.

Had a decent game, he's more composed than Mejbri for sure. I think he would do a pretty good job as backup to Casemiro.

Fecking typical. You wait a long time for a proper midfielder and then three come along at once. :wenger:

Between this lad, Amrabat and Mainoo, we might be able to play a little bit of the old possession football now and again going forward.

Really like the look of him. Seems almost a bit more rounded than Meijbri, but probably hasn't got the frame for PL yet. Hopefully he'll get chances. Having him, Mainoo and Mejbri, will be difficult to share the minutes. Think he was the one who "shined" the most out of youngsters on tour (which isn't the highest bar but still)
Needs to bulk up

This young lads Mejbri, Gore, Mainoo are going to put Scott out of business.

I really like the look of this kid. I was impressed with him in preseason as well. Very composed for his age, his control and ball retention are very good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.