Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Even he can't actually believe what he's saying tbf. At this point he's being paid to be a Saudi PR guy so he's not exactly going to say 'yeah, I'm playing semi pro' is he?! Funny how much he still winds some of you folks up though.

would be a great signing for united and would be hungry to prove the doubters wrong again/outscore haaland!

A really odd fella, something not right in the head. Has helped create the monster he is and given him an edge at his peak, but you wonder who exactly he's trying to prove to. His legacy is quite secure - he'll never be the greatest ever but he'll be up there - but he's chasing something that isn't there. Even in the popularity driven Fifa's Best awards, he didn't get a single vote from any manager, player or journalist, even the Saudi media.

tbh it just looks like a classic case of narcissistic rage to me. The regularity of such statements in his career especially in the last 1-2 years is just crazy.
He is single-handedly destroying his legacy and irritating even the most neutral fans.

probably the most insecure and delusional player in the football world ever, really seems to have lost it. Messi living rent-free in his head 24/7.

“Saudi Pro League is more competitive than Ligue1, I can say that after one year spent there”. “We are better than French league already now”.

www.twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1748371184188539123?t=XkvdxBafINPn6oY4zKjBxw

“I was the best goalscorer this season, imagine beating young animals like Haaland… I’m proud. And I’ll be 39 soon!”. “I like when people doubt again about me and then I’m successfull. I don’t get affected by the criticism”.

www.essentiallysports.com/soccer-football-news-cristiano-ronaldo-proud-of-beating-young-animals-like-erling-haaland-after-record-breaking-year-with-al-nassr/

He's always been like him, bigging himself up and I really don't mind it as I think that's part of what makes him so competitive and professional.

He's always been like him, bigging himself up and I really don't mind it as I think that's part of what makes him so competitive and professional.

Yes. That's how he keeps banging those goals as 39 y.o. for his Club and NT. And also keeps getting richer.

I spent years of arguing with people here that he doesn't care one bit about United:

Cristiano Ronaldo: “Manchester City did amazing. Congratulations on their season. Players, coach. Superb…”.

“Finally they win the Champions League, they probably deserved it two years ago. I enjoy seeein them playing”.

probably the most insecure and delusional player in the football world ever, really seems to have lost it. Messi living rent-free in his head 24/7.

“Saudi Pro League is more competitive than Ligue1, I can say that after one year spent there”. “We are better than French league already now”.

www.twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1748371184188539123?t=XkvdxBafINPn6oY4zKjBxw

“I was the best goalscorer this season, imagine beating young animals like Haaland… I’m proud. And I’ll be 39 soon!”. “I like when people doubt again about me and then I’m successfull. I don’t get affected by the criticism”.

www.essentiallysports.com/soccer-football-news-cristiano-ronaldo-proud-of-beating-young-animals-like-erling-haaland-after-record-breaking-year-with-al-nassr/

I saw those quotes earlier. Talk about deluded :lol:

He is such a gobshite

he could have just said something along the line of it’s making great improvements as league and how happy he is to be part of it. And that would be grand

I don't get affected by criticism. Says the man who attacked Rooney on personal level for the slightest of comments. People who constantly repeat whey don't get affected by criticism get affected by criticism the most.

He is a legend in the world of football but for me he is not a Manchester United legend. A legendary player and a Real Madrid legend who also was very succesfull while playing for Manchester United.
Agreed.

Even he can't actually believe what he's saying tbf. At this point he's being paid to be a Saudi PR guy so he's not exactly going to say 'yeah, I'm playing semi pro' is he?! Funny how much he still winds some of you folks up though.

Still I doubt anyone will be more wound up than you reading everyone’s posts about what a deluded roaster he is :D

Still I doubt anyone will be more wound up than you reading everyone’s posts about what a deluded roaster he is :D
Ok buddy. You have 42 posts in this thread out of 500 odd in your posting history. I have 60 out of 6000 odd. Ratio.

This whole Globe Soccer Awards ceremony is just CR7 and Man City suck up cringe hosted of course by City's owner.

I don't think it's anymore ridiculous than Messi somehow winning a WPOTY for doing absolutely nothing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globe_Soccer_Awards

1 year where a December world cup confused players and managers what criteria to consider when voting compared to a meme award ceremony that's been running for 10+ years and organised by Jorge Mendes and other CR7 officials with Dubai connections to appease Ronaldo's weirdly obsessed Middle Eastern fanbase.

I know which one is more ridiculous. It even has an agent of the year award Mendes collects himself every year :lol: .

Last edited:

1 year where a December world cup confused players and managers what criteria to consider when voting compared to a meme award ceremony that's been running for 10+ years and organised by Jorge Mendes and other CR7 officials with Dubai connections to appease Ronaldo's weirdly obsessed Middle Eastern fanbase.

I know which one is more ridiculous. It even has an agent of the year award Mendes collects himself every year :lol: .
Is this true? :lol:

The narcissism drove him to great heights (mainly goals and longevity) but it is now making him look like a fool.

Every now and then he manages to exceed even my expectations about how delusional he really is. His insecurity is showing and it's so obvious that the way his and Messi's careers ended just totally broke him.

Would be so much more widely appreciated if he just made peace with being the second best player of his generation (and possibly all-time) only behind the absolute greatest talent the sport has ever seen. Nothing to be ashamed about, he managed to rival Messi's career and even that shouldn't have been possible.

Is this true? :lol:

Pretty much. They gave it to Mino once but Mendes every other year. I've had a look through their awards and they keep introducing new categories and removing others seemingly based on who they want to attend.

Last year they had a once-off best transfer of the year just so they could give Haaland an award

Every now and then he manages to exceed even my expectations about how delusional he really is. His insecurity is showing and it's so obvious that the way his and Messi's careers ended just totally broke him.

Would be so much more widely appreciated if he just made peace with being the second best player of his generation (and possibly all-time) only behind the absolute greatest talent the sport has ever seen. Nothing to be ashamed about, he managed to rival Messi's career and even that shouldn't have been possible.

Not really sure he managed to rival Messi's individual career. In terms of club trophies he earned his moniker as Mr. Champions league though and that counts for something. He's the only one who got close to Messi overall though.

i had no idea Ryan air was invested in this wumming.

Well done to Ronaldo for winning 'Fans' Favourite Player of the Year', 'Best Middle East player' and 'Maradona award Best Goal Scorer of the Year' awards at Globe Soccer. The awards you dreamed of as a kid.

He can add it to his collection of 6 Player of the Year awards, Goodwill award, Best Media Attraction Award, Player of the Century awards.

Set up in 2011, Messi has only won 1 award in the past 13 years. Not unusual at all. Do better Messi!

Was just looking at past winners on my own at the same wikipedia page before I saw your post. Was wondering what these awards were, and if Globe Soccer was a worldwide football magazine or something as I'd never heard of it as an organisation. After reading the wiki I couldn't figure it out as it looked like it only existed for the sake of the awards.

I did notice the funny award categories and winners!.Just one award for Messi, 16 for Ronaldo.

They started to invent categories for him to win. This year was the first time they had a Middle Eastern POTY award, or Best Goalscorer of the year award. They previously gave him a top scorer of all time award and came up with a best player of the century (so far) award in 2020. :lol:

Can't say I'm a fan of any awards in any industry including the ballon d'or, I'd like to think one day a winning player would decline to show up for that but this one is particularly bad.

Last edited:
Set up in 2011, Messi has only won 1 award in the past 13 years. Not unusual at all. Do better Messi!

I think because at the time Messi was on track to win 3 straight Ballon D'ors his camp created this for him. They even gave Ron the 2011 award which was a more clear Messi win.

I think they gave Messi 2015 for treble season so it's not too obvious and to mix it up.

I think because at the time Messi was on track to win 3 straight Ballon D'ors his camp created this for him. They even gave Ron the 2011 award which was a more clear Messi win.

I think they gave Messi 2015 for treble season so it's not too obvious and to mix it up.

Aside from the player of the year awards - funny as well that even his own awards thought Ribéry was better in 2013 than Ronaldo - it’s funny they’ve created so many awards for specific positions, achievements, fans players of the year, transfers, player career awards and Messi winning the World Cup last year was not worthy of a single mention, never mind anything he did in the previous 10 years.

Well done to Ronaldo for winning 'Fans' Favourite Player of the Year', 'Best Middle East player' and 'Maradona award Best Goal Scorer of the Year' awards at Globe Soccer. The awards you dreamed of as a kid.

He can add it to his collection of 6 Player of the Year awards, Goodwill award, Best Media Attraction Award, Player of the Century awards.

You forgot to add his annual "triple emoji d'or" and "factos d'or" :lol:

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12693117/Cristiano-Ronaldo-say-Lionel-Messis-eighth-Ballon-dOr-laughs-video-mocking-old-rival.html