Television Comedy Central Roasts

What are these exactly?

Celebrities are 'honoured' for an evening and get 'roasted' or taken the piss out of by an assortment of comedians/celebs/famous people etc. Nothing is off limits and everyone on the Deus is fair game. Insults and jokes can be quite personal so the more skeletons in the closet/scandals/personal trauma/bad life decisions etc., etc. the roastee has the better.

It's an American thing and even the Presidents get involved at their annual White House Dinners, though of course Trump has bottled it. Obama's done some great ones about Trump though.

Honourable Roastee mentions go to Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff, Flava Flav, William Shatner, Justin Beiber, Roseanne Barr, Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump.

I saw Lampanelli on the Celebrity Apprentice a few years ago and she came across as a bit of an unhinged bitch. She's great on the roasts though. Gilbert Gottfried is brilliant on them, the one where he roasted Joan Rivers was bizarre and epic.

The Trump one is just weird, he sits there with a bizarre expression on his face and it seemed to be him trying to kick start his political career. The Situation's attempts at roasting were bloody hard to watch, Whitney Cummings was having none of it either. I think it's the only one where the other roasters turned on someone.

Dear Lord, that was awful! Plenty of pin-drop moments. He had no comedic timing or delivery. Trump's always had that dumb expression.

The last two White House Correspondents Dinners were savage too. Trump's audiences were definitely not playing ball!

Celebrities are 'honoured' for an evening and get 'roasted' or taken the piss out of by an assortment of comedians/celebs/famous people etc. Nothing is off limits and everyone on the Deus is fair game. Insults and jokes can be quite personal so the more skeletons in the closet/scandals/personal trauma/bad life decisions etc., etc. the roastee has the better.

It's an American thing and even the Presidents get involved at their annual White House Dinners, though of course Trump has bottled it. Obama's done some great ones about Trump though.

Honourable Roastee mentions go to Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff, Flava Flav, William Shatner, Justin Beiber, Roseanne Barr, Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump.

Cheers bud, i saw the advert for the bruce willis one and looked funny , thanks for the explanation.

I liked the roast of Ann Coulter, which was actually the roast of someone else (I forget who).

For the rest, I'm not a big fan of these roasts. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burn, but I prefer them to be made up on the spot, not expertly rehearsed. Also, I fecking loathe Jeff Ross. Unfunny, bloated pudge faced cnut.

Now there's also Comedy Central roast battles, which is basically 2 random 'comedians' having a god at each other, but it never amounts to more than: Lol, you're fat! Well fine, but you're gay! HA HA