Cody Gakpo

I find him quite a depressing and dull player to watch. Nothing to him.

For all Klopp's demi-God amazingness, jesus incarnated brilliance I really hope Slot unlike his Kloppness understands Gakpo is not a striker. His entire game is only suited to playing on the wing. Please keep him there so he can develop and become even better for Oranje.

Thanks.

For all Klopp's demi-God amazingness, jesus incarnated brilliance I really hope Slot unlike his Kloppness understands Gakpo is not a striker. His entire game is only suited to playing on the wing. Please keep him there so he can develop and become even better for Oranje.

Thanks.
Problem: Liverpool have a better LW than Gakpo on the team

Thanks.

Please ruin his development by using him as badly as possible throughout his Liverpool career, forcing him to switch clubs if he wants to resurrect his Dutch career.

Thanks.

Please ruin his development by using him as badly as possible throughout his Liverpool career, forcing him to switch clubs if he wants to resurrect his Dutch career.

Thanks.
Fine, sell him to Feyenoord, we'll do it. Straight swap for Jahanbakhsh.

Yesterday reminded me of peak Rashford.
Same! Gush I wish Rashford can pick himself back to that level.The cutting in at pace and straight shoots are difficult for any defence to deal with. Combine that with good decision making and we may finally get to see Rashford fulfil his promise. I highly doubt it's going to happen though.

Problem: Liverpool have a better LW than Gakpo on the team

Diaz? He's not looked at his best at all since his big injuries. There'll be competition for that spot sure but I don't think Diaz should be clear.

Diaz? He's not looked at his best at all since his big injuries. There'll be competition for that spot sure but I don't think Diaz should be clear.
Oh the better one is Diaz? Not convinced it's impossible for Gakpo to eclipse him.

Last edited:
I feel like in international football where most teams are tactically poor and not gelled, the players that shine individually are players that know their weapons really well and have confidence in executing them.

Based on this EC and the last WC you'd think that Gakpo is world class, but he's far from it.

I'm loving it though.

I feel like in international football where most teams are tactically poor and not gelled, the players that shine individually are players that know their weapons really well and have confidence in executing them.

Based on this EC and the last WC you'd think that Gakpo is world class, but he's far from it.

I'm loving it though.

Shouldn't that mean he's actually good and Liverpool are not good or just not using him properly.

The Romanian defence was turd but Gakpo's had a good tournament. Even the cutback for Malen for the second last night, what on earth is Dragusin doing leaving the ball, anticipating it to go out?

Shouldn't that mean he's actually good and Liverpool are not good or just not using him properly.
Teams in league football are much better organised, it is much more difficult to do the same thing over and over again unless you are actually world class. Which Gakpo isn't. Good player.

Not necessarily. Gakpo isn’t fast enough to get away from PL defenders, and just like Memphis, his shots aren’t all that against PL goalies. So his individual skills are diminished; subsequently he has to play a different game and adapt or be average at best using his strongest skillset.

Been the best attacking player at the Euros so far. Has tougher teams to go up against and prove he can be this good in the knockout rounds. Next up are Turkey and their keeper has impressive with his kicking and some saves against Austria.

He’s the NT best forward player. People laughed when I said it but it’s true.

He’s a good player, the question mark is can he become a great one?

Been the best attacking player at the Euros so far. Has tougher teams to go up against and prove he can be this good in the knockout rounds. Next up are Turkey and their keeper has impressive with his kicking and some saves against Austria.

Better than Nico Williams? Not sure about that.

Undoubtedly the man for the Netherlands. There's no way they get this far without him. Memphis looks blunt, they're getting nothing from whoever is wide right and Weghorst has his uses but...

I have to admit, he's surprised me. I still don't think he's that talented but he's making the most of what he's got and his carrying is country right now. Discount Mane.

Last edited:
Everytime I watch him I'm just glad we didn't sign him, which ironic as he's actually one of the best Dutch players we could have brought in.

Better than Nico Williams? Not sure about that.

Undoubtedly the man for the Netherlands. There's no way they get this far without him. Memphis looks blunt, they're getting nothing from whoever is wide right and Weghorst has his uses but...

I have to admit, he's surprised me. I still don't think he's that talented but he's making the most of what he's got and his carrying his country right now. Discount Mane.

Williams has 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games. He's played well no doubt but less end product. Spain have averaged 20 shots per game which is the most of all the teams playing so you would expect more.

Gakpo has 3 goals and 1 assist in 5 games, plus his efforts to get to the ball caused a defender to put the ball in his own net last night. Didnt score, but caused the goal. So more than 3 + 1 in 5 really.

Williams has 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games. He's played well no doubt but less end product. Spain have averaged 20 shots per game which is the most of all the teams playing so you would expect more.

Gakpo has 3 goals and 1 assist in 5 games, plus his efforts to get to the ball caused a defender to put the ball in his own net last night. Didnt score, but caused the goal. So more than 3 + 1 in 5 really.

Yeah Williams performance v Italy was the best performance out of the two of them, but overall Gakpo has been better and a more constant threat.

If he’d have joined us he’d definitely be one everyone would be arguing about on here. Looks good and crap at the same time.

He was crap last night, but Gakpo is one of the most reliable attackers for the Dutch NT for years now. He has amazing end product. Memphis has always been hit and miss for us, which will likely be more and more miss the coming years as we are seeing already. He should be replaced.

He was crap last night, but Gakpo is one of the most reliable attackers for the Dutch NT for years now. He has amazing end product. Memphis has always been hit and miss for us, which will likely be more and more miss the coming years as we are seeing already. He should be replaced.

Memphis is already more miss than hit. Especially when the opponent is atleast somewhat competent. Koeman loves him so as long as Koeman will be the manager, Memphis will be our striker :(

He'll do well to reach Memphis levels. Which, isn't a great level. So glad we steered clear of him.