Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choosing a team has nothing to do with morals, when you were a kid and "decided" to support United, you didn't arbitrate between the pros and cons of associating yourself with Manchester United, you didn't use moral values to determine which team was worth supporting. There is no moral prerequisites when it comes to supporting a sport team. Later in life when you are already supporting something, you may actively distance yourself on moral grounds but it's not compulsory and if we are being honest, it's not even common.
When I was a kid and decided to support United I was 5 years old, I had no idea what "morals" were and I think that's probably true of every 5 year old on the planet!

At the age of 8, me and a few mates in my street sat down in my garden and cross examined multiple research papers from the local library about the history and background of every club in the premiership.

After weeks of analysis and consultation we came to the conclusion that Man Utd was the morally right club to go with which tied in best with our moral compass and beliefs. Ever since then we just get pissed every game and celebrate every goal.

I applaud your work ethic. I saw Giggs waltz through defenses, United pass the ball nicely and they were playing in red which happened to be the same color than my then favorite boots. I didn't need anything more than that.

At the age of 8, me and a few mates in my street sat down in my garden and cross examined multiple research papers from the local library about the history and background of every club in the premiership.

After weeks of analysis and consultation we came to the conclusion that Man Utd was the morally right club to go with which tied in best with our moral compass and beliefs. Ever since then we just get pissed every game and celebrate every goal.
Yeah we believe you
winking-face_1f609.png

This is mental figures. This couldnt have been caused by just a fake tweet from some welsh kids basement. If that was the case we would have seen price fall quicker than Slippy G.
I kinda hate myself for reading every page of this mess of a thread.

I skim until I see a Tweet or if I recognise some peoples usernames as I like what they have to say

Do you not think giving support and being loyal to your team through thick and thin is a moral decision?

Do you see no morals in your supporting of the club? It’s simply a case of “I like Man United” and then the club can do whatever it wants?

Would people accept someone like Adam Johnson (if he was good enough) playing for United? Or Lee Hughes?

Do people put themselves down that much that they don’t think there’s a moral connection with the club? That baffles me.

Algos routinely queue off of news reports so it’s entire possible that the recent share price spike is as a result of the recent propaganda campaign out of Qatar.
Propaganda campaign is being a bit too aggressive. Someone got a tetchy and moved too quickly or someone is really incompetent. You see it all the time.

But I also agree it could be based on this rumour as well (hence why it's still not priced at the proposed valuation level).

The issue here is that you're exaggerating your point to gain a reaction from an already divisive crowd.
I appreciate(and also share) your view that either option is akin to selling our soul and it makes me a little emotional. What's wrong here is that you know that the it's a hard divisive topic, and yet you continue to poke, irritate and push people's buttons, on a continued basis. It's not a stretch of the imagination to think you'd be doing this on purpose. There's a reason your name changed from Twigg to Wumm.

There are more empathetic and considerate ways of getting your point across.

Do I feck continue to push people’s buttons. I just post my opinions on it. It’s irritating to me to read plenty of posts on this thread, I’m never insulting or rude though.

Do you not think giving support and being loyal to your team through thick and thin is a moral decision?

Do you see no morals in your supporting of the club? It’s simply a case of “I like Man United” and then the club can do whatever it wants?

Would people accept someone like Adam Johnson (if he was good enough) playing for United? Or Lee Hughes?

Do people put themselves down that much that they don’t think there’s a moral connection with the club? That baffles me.
You’re trying to be too smart with the angle your approaching this. Your best decision was taking a step back from this thread. Your worst decision was not fulfilling your best decision.

That basically the MG conversation

It just dawned on me that the number one reason why this tedious process is getting so much scrutiny left and right is because -- and it matters little if one admits it or not -- we remain as English football's crown jewel until this day despite fecking everything. Sir Matt, the Babes, Edwards, the air disaster, 'Bobby belting the ball and Nobby dancing', Best, '77 Cup Final, Robson, Cantona, Fergie's Fledglings, Premier League domination, Becks, the treble, Rooney, Cristiano... in many ways we define modern English football. There is thus perhaps a feeling in certain quarters, with fans as well as non-fans, that football in its current incarnation and the romance intrinsic in it will be permanently lost should a state-backed takeover of our club is successful.

How dare you judge me on my analytical methodology to define the most morally appropriate club to support. Oh hold on, you believe me. My bad.
I don't think I've met an 8 year with your capabilities, RU a rocket scientist by any chance :)

It just dawned on me that the number one reason why this tedious process is getting so much scrutiny left and right is because -- and it matters little if one admits it or not -- we remain as English football's crown jewel until this day despite fecking everything. Sir Matt, the Babes, Edwards, the air disaster, 'Bobby belting the ball and Nobby dancing', Best, '77 Cup Final, Robson, Cantona, Fergie's Fledglings, Premier League domination, Becks, the treble, Rooney, Cristiano... in many ways we define modern English football. There is thus perhaps a feeling in certain quarters, with fans as well as non-fans, that football in its current incarnation and the romance intrinsic in it will be permanently lost should a state-backed takeover of our club is successful.

exactly! We are genuinely footballs last hope!

Propaganda campaign is being a bit too aggressive. Someone got a tetchy and moved too quickly or someone is really incompetent. You see it all the time.

But I also agree it could be based on this rumour as well (hence why it's still not priced at the proposed valuation level).

There was too much simultaneous information coming out of the pro-Qatar camp for it not to be. The intended effect appeared to dispel the perviously growing perception things were trending towards INEOS.

Most people pick their team at the age of ten or younger, it is not some deep intellectual decision ffs :lol:

Most people pick their team at the age of ten or younger, it is not some deep intellectual decision ffs :lol:

Do you have a lot of decisions you made at ten that massively influence your life today?

Supporting a club is all about the club’s principles and values.

Haha brilliant

Do you have a lot of decisions you made at ten that massively influence your life today?

Supporting a club is all about the club’s principles and values.

Look, being a United fan has been a daily interest/passion for me for about 26 years. You are free to do what you want but I'm not going to piss away that just because the club may get owners that are morally problematic.

No it isn't.

For some, evidently not. To say that to a tweet I’ve posted where the MUST Chaimen literally has a massive thread explaining this very thing is weird though. For a lot of people it is.

People are genuinely like “Yeah, I’ve been a United supporter all my life and remain loyal and hate certain clubs and love the homegrown players but it’s nothing to do with morals.”

This is mental figures. This couldnt have been caused by just a fake tweet from some welsh kids basement. If that was the case we would have seen price fall quicker than Slippy G.

I skim until I see a Tweet or if I recognise some peoples usernames as I like what they have to say

There's definitely more to it than just the fake tweet, like you said. Along with all the stock movement, I refuse to believe all the well-connected people in Qatar who came out with congratulatory tweets the other night were duped by some random Twitter account. More likely they just jumped the gun and then later had to do some damage control until a formal announcement could be made.

Life is hard enough as it is for the average man on the street to burdon themselves with the worries of billionaire owners buying millionaire players for entertainment purposes. I think regards of whether you support Qatar or Jim Ratcliffe or even the Glazers, at the end of the day you cant put the blame on people who want to continue to support the club. I have my own issues with the club if Qatar take over, but to judge the fans I feel is something you cant do. We're friends, fathers, sons, wifes, sisters, brothers, girlfriends, boyfriends, customers, workers first. If you want to continue to support Manchester United, you're not the ones at fault.

:lol:

Life is hard enough as it is for the average man on the street to burdon themselves with the worries of billionaire owners buying millionaire players for entertainment purposes. I think regards of whether you support Qatar or Jim Ratcliffe or even the Glazers, at the end of the day you cant put the blame on people who want to continue to support the club. I have my own issues with the club if Qatar take over, but to judge the fans I feel is something you cant do. We're friends, fathers, sons, wifes, sisters, brothers, girlfriends, boyfriends, customers, workers first. If you want to continue to support Manchester United, you're not the ones at fault.

No-one at all is judging anyone for continuing to support Manchester United. Why would anyone judge someone for that?

Course they have. Why do you support United?

I enjoyed watching them as a child I guess. I've never thought about their position on various moral issues. That would be more akin to picking a political party to vote for

Look, being a United fan has been a daily interest/passion for me for about 26 years. You are free to do what you want but I'm not going to piss away that just because the club may get owners that are morally problematic.
Great posts!

I enjoyed watching them as a child I guess. I've never thought about their position on various moral issues. That would be more akin to picking a political party to vote for

You’ve never thought about their position on Greenwood? Or thought poorly or Liverpool for how they handle the Suarez issue? Or disliked City for cheating in the league? Or been proud of the charity work the lads do?

If there was no morals involved in football, you could simply just pick and choose a team to follow.

The whole idea of picking a team that represents your family and the local area is just morals. Otherwise, just support a better team.

People turn up in the thousands to watch Vale and Stockport every week. They don’t want to just win the league, they want to support a team through thick and thin.

It’s just morals.Supporting something is always about morals.

That isn't morality though. Morality is about right and wrong, what if your local area is full of murderers and drug dealers, should the club represent that? Representation and morality aren't the same things

Status
Not open for further replies.