City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

tomaldinho1

Actually one of the current decent things about United is Goldbridge. The man is gold.

I will be interested to see who the nearly team are to City next season. It seems there's always a team who gets dodgy decisions all season and I'm beginning to think they always need a team thereabouts to try and keep the league interesting. Arsenal have had a few this season, Liverpool in season's past. See if the 2nd team after Chrimbo start getting some mad decisions in their favour.
This season actually the only reason it’s close is Michael Oliver. Arsenal would be Champions now if not for him.

Strangest Tribe

It’ll be a record fine so the powers that be can say it’s unprecedented and a transfer ban for a season or two , there’s no way they’ll be punished to the severity that they deserve

Hammondo

In my book, if City can invent sponsors, YouTubers can invent C&D letters. All fair game. 117 charges stand.
I watched someone break down the charges and the majority are not about sponsors, there's a lot of minor charges in there, so we will need to see how it works out.

SteveCoppellFan

Goldbridge exists because being a complete d*** actually makes good money these days.

We live in weird times.

GazTheLegend

Actually one of the current decent things about United is Goldbridge. The man is gold.

I will be interested to see who the nearly team are to City next season. It seems there's always a team who gets dodgy decisions all season and I'm beginning to think they always need a team thereabouts to try and keep the league interesting. Arsenal have had a few this season, Liverpool in season's past. See if the 2nd team after Chrimbo start getting some mad decisions in their favour.
Liverpool had plenty this season too. Remember their pen (dive) Vs us when we were winning and the double yellow card for Dalot that will never, ever happen again for any other team? I'm sure Arsenal were thrown those decisions Vs spurs as you rightly point out.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Johnathan Liew in Guardian today complaining about the title race being an illusion. Whether it’s cheating or not is only tangentially relevant to their robotic success, he says.

OldSchoolManc

If City do get off lightly, there’s absolutely no reason why every other team shouldn’t make up sponsors so they can spend whatever they want.
Not that anyone can compete with an entire states spending.

Von Mistelroum

If City do get off lightly, there’s absolutely no reason why every other team shouldn’t make up sponsors so they can spend whatever they want.
Most other teams don't have billionaires who can invent random companies to pump money into though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Johnathan Liew in Guardian today complaining about the title race being an illusion. Whether it’s cheating or not is only tangentially relevant to their robotic success, he says.
The broader picture is that dominance on this scale, whether earned legally or illegally, whether earned through the patronage of a state or a mastery of regulatory fine print, comes with a cost to the spectacle as a whole.
Great point and article from him.

Tincanalley

Most other teams don't have billionaires who can invent random companies to pump money into though.
It’s not a team or a football club you are competing against. It’s a lavishly rich nation state, pretending for political reasons to be a football team and wearing their colours. The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain.

Tincanalley

It’s important to always say this. Let’s not support the illusion that they are a ‘club’. All the supporters activity, Bluemoon, all the improvements around the area, all are window dressing. It’s like America bought Stoke, and put the resources of the state behind them, but continued to project the myth that they were a bog standard English football team.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It’s not a team or a football club you are competing against. It’s a lavishly rich nation state, pretending for political reasons to be a football team and wearing their colours. The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain.
I think you should check your numbers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The other 19 teams should simply refuse to play in a league with them and form a breakaway .
That'd be a powerful gesture. What would the authorities do? Ban them all?

Hammondo

Jesus Christ do you live in reality? Are you a bot?

decorativeed

It’s important to always say this. Let’s not support the illusion that they are a ‘club’. All the supporters activity, Bluemoon, all the improvements around the area, all are window dressing. It’s like America bought Stoke, and put the resources of the state behind them, but continued to project the myth that they were a bog standard English football team.
I understand the point you're trying to make, but your figures are well off.

C'est Moi Cantona

"City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Thought this was a nice line from Jonathan Liew.

They are desperate for rival fans to care/respect about what they have done, and are left to making things up to pretend it is happening.

padr81

Supports
Man City
"City fans remain unrivalled in their capacity to nurture conspiracy theories and illusory slights, desperate to be hated."

Thought this was a nice line from Jonathan Liew.

They are desperate for rival fans to care/respect about what they have done, and are left to making things up to pretend it is happening.
The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain. - This guy must be a City fan then.

C'est Moi Cantona

The Gross National Product of Uk is about 3.8 billion dollars. The GNP of “Manchester City” 115 is 830 Billion Dollars, that’s 218 times that of Britain. - This guy must be a City fan then.
I'm thinking that you know already that this wasn't a quote from the article..

But I take your point the above was a wild post, where just the truth about what City have done finacially is more than enough to make the point.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm thinking that you know already that this wasn't a quote from the article..

But I take your point the above was a wild post, where just the truth about what City have done finacially is more than enough to make the point.
I'm joking dude.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ester-city-arsenal-pep-guardiola-mikel-arteta

Either way, at some point – be it on Tuesday or the following Sunday – the strong likelihood is that City will be toasting another title, a sixth title in seven seasons, the sort of dynastic dominance English football fans have always liked to deride in other countries. Perhaps this is the true farmers’ league now: a league that was bought up and cultivated, and is now being harvested at leisure.

The outcome of the Premier League’s 115 charges against City remains some distant paradoxical point on the horizon: never actually getting closer, however much time passes. And in any case, the ultimate innocence or guilt of City is only really of tangential relevance here. The broader picture is that dominance on this scale, whether earned legally or illegally, whether earned through the patronage of a state or a mastery of regulatory fine print, comes with a cost to the spectacle as a whole.

Perhaps then the bewilderment about the title race is the sort that becomes inevitable when a league begins to revolve so thoroughly around one club. This is City’s universe now, and even when you push at the walls it is never entirely clear how much of it is real and how much projection.

MiceOnMeth

How many more years of dominance before other fans and clubs start to hate them like they hate United? Or are they so irrelevant and fake that it will never happen?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No one knows. If it does happen it definitely won't be this season, far too late for that.
Then it would all be meaningless as i can see pep leaving this summer and they use the next season as a nice transitional period.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
At this rate they'll overtake our PL wins record before Liverpool :lol:

SER19

The Lance Armstrong of football, without the mitigating sympathy of illness - other than what seems to be mental illness among the fans who still drudge on, arguing any way possible that their rotten club hasn't ruined football and will be forever associated with cheating. They'll hoover up a new generation of YouTube fan types who are too young to remember the sport when it was any other way, and will celebrate their empty success every year with that hollow, pretend joy that has become the norm.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
How many more years of dominance before other fans and clubs start to hate them like they hate United? Or are they so irrelevant and fake that it will never happen?
I hate them more than united and I suffered the saf years. Not about the dominance per se, but because everyone outside football fans completely ignore the cheating and the fact a country with infinite money owns a club, this is what really gets to me, commentators going on about how pep is a genius and what a big club city are. feck off.

the_cliff

Are you talking about all top flight titles or just Premier Leagues ?

Because Liverpool have 1 PL, City have 7, probably 8 in a week, we're on 13... By 2030 they'll have more Premier Leagues than us...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
"How are they primed to peak at just the right time each season?"

"That'll be the illegally assembled squad that nobody else can afford via legal means, my dear."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You laugh but it's absolutely odds on if they don't get a proper reducer of a punishment.

I think it's an absolute given they get to 21 before we do.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bit of a strange story this, Philadelphia Union have signed a 14 year player to the largest homegrown player home grown contract in MLS history with a clause in it that says he will automattically transfer to City when he turns 18

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40107349/philadelphia-union-cavan-sullivan-man-city
I fail to understand how the City Group is allowed to exist as a single entity.

From a legal standpoint, I mean, I know it's allowed to exist and be ignored because of some dodgy backhanders.