City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Hammondo

With proven match fixing yes.
But this City scenario is a different kettle of fish.

It's so different that we have people talking about a scale of a small fine through to being kicked out of leagues and having their owners banned!
It's going to set such a big presedence

WitchWithoutACat

Is anyone else waiting for the "unprecedented punishment" of a large fine of say £30M only for Man City to sign a new sponsorship deal with UAE's number one toilet paper producer "Pretty Lotus" (For £30M) as they'll wipe their bum with the PL and their fine the next day.

This'll be followed by the media saying that they've paid their punishment and other fans claiming they've now been found innocent.

Just me?

Dean60

Supports
Everton
Oh yea definitely, it's interesting how important this is
Yeah it is, all of the cases are interesting. In theory the recent judgements by the premier league should set precedent. But the rules are changing again, and still no sign of sentencing guidelines.

If nothing happens to City and Chelsea the corruption will be there for all to see, it already looks bad.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is anyone else waiting for the "unprecedented punishment" of a large fine of say £30M only for Man City to sign a new sponsorship deal with UAE's number one toilet paper producer "Pretty Lotus" (For £30M) as they'll wipe their bum with the PL and their fine the next day.

This'll be followed by the media saying that they've paid their punishment and other fans claiming they've now been found innocent.

Just me?
I can imagine them trying this, but then I also suspect that you'll see the fans from at least nineteen other clubs being incredibly loud and angry about it on every single match that's broadcast.

JagUTD

I agree with this.

If they're found guilty, the only way to really punish them would effectively mean that they cease to exist as a club. Points deduction doesn't go remotely far enough, and even relegation to the Championship (or even as low down as League Two) would just be a case of them flying up the divisions until they're right back in the Premier League title picture.

A guilty verdict means ejecting the owners in a similar way to Abramovich at Chelsea, fining them an amount at least equivalent to all of the prize and TV money they've benefitted from, stripping them of everything they've won, and ousting them from the Premier League, forcing them to go begging to the Football League, National League, etc. for a place somewhere in the pyramid.
They are the rare example of a club that deserves to be liquidated. To the extent their Wikipedia page redirects to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing

The time has come to apply the blue shite filter in football.

Irwin99

I can imagine them trying this, but then I also suspect that you'll see the fans from at least nineteen other clubs being incredibly loud and angry about it on every single match that's broadcast.
Yeah, they've already set a precedent with the points deduction, if the punishment is just an easily affordable fine then the other clubs will (should) riot and threaten legal proceedings. Everton's statement when they first received their punishment was a thinly-veiled dig at City. Everyone know's what's up.

Scanny

Just watched and logged on to say this. Just complete and utter denial from beginning to end. I was a bit disappointed that he got so much mic time with barely a challenge. He even managed to delude himself that Mansour and co are doing everyone in the premier league a favour by taking on the might of the premier league.
I’ve yet to speak with a Cheaty fan who isn’t entirely in denial about the scale of the charges against them.
Delusional doesn’t even begin to describe them.

RedRocket9908

I’ve yet to speak with a Cheaty fan who isn’t entirely in denial about the scale of the charges against them.
Delusional doesn’t even begin to describe them.
I dont think a lot of those in denial even know what the have been charged for, I keep seeing them mentioning charges for the grass being too long or the rooms being the wrong size but none of the charges they are facing have anything to do with those things.

Rojofiam

I dont think a lot of those in denial even know what the have been charged for, I keep seeing them mentioning charges for the grass being too long or the rooms being the wrong size but none of the charges they are facing have anything to do with those things.
Most of them tell themselves they aren't state owned.

Clueless, sportswashed idiots, best to be ignored

b20times

Etihad Airways floating on the stock market and letting the public see documents and figures!

Interesting move. Some are saying this is a move to demonstrate that nothing fraudulent went on behind the scenes. It's certainly come our of the blue.

LordSpud

Etihad Airways floating on the stock market and letting the public see documents and figures!

Interesting move. Some are saying this is a move to demonstrate that nothing fraudulent went on behind the scenes. It's certainly come our of the blue.
Yeah, they're going to get away with it

tomaldinho1

Not sure why anyone would think this, especially with how long they've had to prepare things. It will make things more difficult once they become public but as is obvious to everyone they are getting to the size now where they can stop cheating and sustain themselves as long as they can still self sponsor, but it doesn't really have a bearing on if what you see as historical data is genuine.

Ludens the Red

Interesting substitutions via injury from two players from Always Honest FC.
Kyle Walker off after 20 mins “injured”
John Stones off after 10 mins “injured”.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
There may well be one coming with Leicester’s massive breach over the last 3 seasons and FA Cup win. Asterix?
More likely they'll ignore it and build an Obelix to celebrate their "achievements"

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I saw an ad on Netflix for City's 22-23 season with "unprecedented" in the short summary. I'm fairly certain a treble had been previously achieved by an English club.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I saw an ad on Netflix for City's 22-23 season with "unprecedented" in the short summary. I'm fairly certain a treble had been previously achieved by an English club.
yeah but when fergie won it he had bribes all the refs. city’s was organic.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Any evidence to backup this ridiculous claim?
oh look, the fa and premier league have left their brown envelopes out in plain sight for us all to see. there is no evidence, it’s just fact. ask any opposition fan alive during the period. an opposition team didn’t get a single penalty at old trafford between 1992-2012, that period was colloquially known as fergie time. dean michael, urethra rennie, jeff summers, all multi-millionaires now, because of fergie.

RedRocket9908

oh look, the fa and premier league have left their brown envelopes out in plain sight for us all to see. there is no evidence, it’s just fact. ask any opposition fan alive during the period. an opposition team didn’t get a single penalty at old trafford between 1992-2012, that period was colloquially known as fergie time. dean michael, urethra rennie, jeff summers, all multi-millionaires now, because of fergie.
All of that is absolute nonsence and there were many penalties given to visiting teams at Old Trafford during that match, Liverpool were actually given 3 in 1 match.

RedDevil@84

I thought you were being sarcastic with your previous post. Now I am not so sure.

padzilla

Hipster
On the back of Eithad Airways floating on the stock market?

I don't see how.
But, but, but Etihad are nothing to do with City - otherwise it would be a case of them sponsoring themselves to get around financial fair play rules...

That wouldn't happen. Would it?

lysglimt

Scout
I am absolutely convinced City will be punished - there is NO way they can not after what has happened to Forest and Everton - and what guaranteed will happen to Leicester. It will result in several teams going to court against the authorities - and they will win.. There is no way they will risk that outcome

What I do fear however, is that the punishment they will receive, will be a slap on the wrist in comparison to the cheating they have done. They will be punished enough so that the authorities have their backs free - but I fear not hard enough to make it a fair punishment.

The way I see it - any punishment lower than relegation is a slap on the wrist. A punishment of relegation + several years of points deduction would be a just punishment. Say they receive 50 points deduction the 1st year, 40 the second year and 30 the third year. That way they almost need to win every single game to get to the play-offs in the Championship, and even if they win promotion the first year, they will not be able to fight for the title the next 2 seasons. City need to be removed from the top of English football for several seasons for this to be just.

But I fear it could easily end up with 20-30 points deduction only - in which case they wont win the league the next season, but could easily reach top 5 and qualify for C.L

lysglimt

Scout
Answer me this - if United were so "lucky" with the referees - why were there teams who were 20-30 points behind United, (and scored a lot less) - who received a lot more penalties than United ?
Here is a list of the first 7 seasons showing the team who won the most penalties - and United

92/93 Liverpool 8 - United 3
93/94 Newcastle 9 - United 3
94/95 Blackburn 11 - United 5
95/96 West Ham (!) 5 - United 4
96/97 Arsenal 7 - United 5
97/98 Everton 6 - United 4
98/99 Liverpool 7 - United 3

So in the first 7 years, of P.L - United received a total of 27 penalties - an average of just below 4 penalties a season. Arsenal who were crap for most of this time and hardly scored a goal received just 2 less penalties. So if United bribed refs, they really did a crap job.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I am absolutely convinced City will be punished - there is NO way they can not after what has happened to Forest and Everton - and what guaranteed will happen to Leicester. It will result in several teams going to court against the authorities - and they will win.. There is no way they will risk that outcome

What I do fear however, is that the punishment they will receive, will be a slap on the wrist in comparison to the cheating they have done. They will be punished enough so that the authorities have their backs free - but I fear not hard enough to make it a fair punishment.

The way I see it - any punishment lower than relegation is a slap on the wrist. A punishment of relegation + several years of points deduction would be a just punishment. Say they receive 50 points deduction the 1st year, 40 the second year and 30 the third year. That way they almost need to win every single game to get to the play-offs in the Championship, and even if they win promotion the first year, they will not be able to fight for the title the next 2 seasons. City need to be removed from the top of English football for several seasons for this to be just.

But I fear it could easily end up with 20-30 points deduction only - in which case they wont win the league the next season, but could easily reach top 5 and qualify for C.L
City overstated Income and understated expenses.
That is fraud.

What Everton and Forrest did was not that. They fell foul of the PSR rules.

The fact it is taking this long to verify numbers in the Operating statement is what is puzzling.

RedDevil@84

The charges have been brought up by PL and not FA, right? So I believe they don't have an authority to dock points from EFL. I maybe wrong about it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
All of that is absolute nonsence and there were many penalties given to visiting teams at Old Trafford during that match, Liverpool were actually given 3 in 1 match.
there’s a replication crisis in science and they can’t recreate the scenario where united conceded 3 penalties in one match. it’s that much of an anomaly that most experts agree it didn’t happen.

Answer me this - if United were so "lucky" with the referees - why were there teams who were 20-30 points behind United, (and scored a lot less) - who received a lot more penalties than United ?
Here is a list of the first 7 seasons showing the team who won the most penalties - and United

92/93 Liverpool 8 - United 3
93/94 Newcastle 9 - United 3
94/95 Blackburn 11 - United 5
95/96 West Ham (!) 5 - United 4
96/97 Arsenal 7 - United 5
97/98 Everton 6 - United 4
98/99 Liverpool 7 - United 3

So in the first 7 years, of P.L - United received a total of 27 penalties - an average of just below 4 penalties a season. Arsenal who were crap for most of this time and hardly scored a goal received just 2 less penalties. So if United bribed refs, they really did a crap job.
the other teams had to be given so many penalties to try and counteract all the cheating in united’s favour.