Queens Park Rangers
Sheffield United*
Sheffield Wednesday
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion

* Sheffield United have been deducted two points for defaulted transfer payments.

Rooting for Wayne Rooney and Plymouth to do well this season, he seems very determined to make it as a manager, will be happy for him if he does well.

Rooting for Wayne Rooney and Plymouth to do well this season, he seems very determined to make it as a manager, will be happy for him if he does well.

Interestingly, there are four managers in the Championship who all have playing background at United. Two of them have even been in our academy. Unfortunately I can't see Rooney or Cleverley surviving until christmas.

Mark Robins (Coventry)
Tom Cleverley (Watford)
Michael Carrick (Middlesbrough)
Wayne Rooney (Plymouth)

Season begins on Friday 9 August.

Blackburn Rovers
Bristol City
Burnley
Cardiff City
Coventry City
Derby County
Hull City
Leeds United
Luton Town
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Norwich City
Oxford United
Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth
Preston North End
Queens Park Rangers
Sheffield United*
Sheffield Wednesday
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion

* Sheffield United have been deducted two points for defaulted transfer payments.
That's a very weak Championship. Usually there's at least three teams (usually the PL relegated) who look like they'll cakewalk the campaign and compete for top honours. This time around, the relegated blend in with what's there and there's no standouts on paper.

Hard sell for the league, as there's not many draws. I suppose it could lead to a thrilling title race if there's multiple teams who are still in it during the run in.

That's a very weak Championship. Usually there's at least three teams (usually the PL relegated) who look like they'll cakewalk the campaign and compete for top honours. This time around, the relegated blend in with what's there and there's no standouts on paper.

Hard sell for the league, as there's not many draws. I suppose it could lead to a thrilling title race if there's multiple teams who are still in it during the run in.
I can't even remember who the 3rd team relegated was, got Burnley and Luton, but no one comes to mind as the 3rd :lol:

Nice one, got into Fantasy Premier League last season and was looking around at what other leagues did similar. Was thinking it would be motivation for following other leagues more closely. The Championship has an unoffical one on gaffr but that was it as far as EFL goes. This new one looks a bit weird though, 7 players across all 3 EFL divisions? There's Fantasy SPFL for Scotland too.

Leeds will be the team to watch this season. Fell short last season & have had to sell some top players to stay within FFP. It looks like it's a weaker division this season so I expect Leeds to be a contender but promotion gets tougher with every year spent in the Championship.

This is cool

I tend to watch more championship games than Premier league. It’s a bit of a cliché that the league is entertaining by now, but it’s generally true. Quality is often quite poor, but there are some great players and teams go for it more often than not.

The best league in British Football is back.

Opens tomorrow night with Blackburn v Derby and Preston v Sheffield United, both on Sky.

A league of thrills and spills, endless drama, clubs denied FA cup finals with dodgy VAR calls ( ;) ) and Wayne Rooney once again impersonating a manager.

Top 2 I'll go for Burnley and Coventry. Cov probably would've made the play offs again last year but for the cup run and Mark Robins has built a fantastic squad there so I think a strong squad and they'll fully be in the mix for automatic promotion. Burnley to be the best of the relegated teams again.

Boro to win the play offs. They struggled last year after losing Chuba Akpom and Cameron Archer but the strikers got going after xmas and they finished last season strongly.

Relegated teams to be Plymouth, Oxford and Preston. Preston are the ultimate treading water in championship club and I don't think they've signed well at all.

The best league in British Football is back.

Opens tomorrow night with Blackburn v Derby and Preston v Sheffield United, both on Sky.

A league of thrills and spills, endless drama, clubs denied FA cup finals with dodgy VAR calls ( ;) ) and Wayne Rooney once again impersonating a manager.

Top 2 I'll go for Burnley and Coventry. Cov probably would've made the play offs again last year but for the cup run and Mark Robins has built a fantastic squad there so I think a strong squad and they'll fully be in the mix for automatic promotion. Burnley to be the best of the relegated teams again.

Boro to win the play offs. They struggled last year after losing Chuba Akpom and Cameron Archer but the strikers got going after xmas and they finished last season strongly.

Relegated teams to be Plymouth, Oxford and Preston. Preston are the ultimate treading water in championship club and I don't think they've signed well at all.

Coventry looked excellent when they thumped us in pre-season. Played really good football. Miles ahead of Preston who we convincingly beat a couple of days later.

Any up and coming stars we should look out for or up and coming players? I’m looking at Charlie Hughes and Ronnie Edwards.

Any up and coming stars we should look out for or up and coming players? I’m looking at Charlie Hughes and Ronnie Edwards.

Southampton signed Ronnie Edwards didn't they unless they're loaning him to someone in the championship.

I’ve heard of Rowe and Ollie. Thought the former might get a transfer but I’ll keep an eye out for Berg. He the Liverpool defender?

Nope, his younger brother that plays for Middlesbrough. Rowe might go to Leeds.

Southampton signed Ronnie Edwards didn't they unless they're loaning him to someone in the championship.
Must have missed that one. Hopefully they play him or he gets good loan. Southampton normally good with youth.

Nope, his younger brother that plays for Middlesbrough. Rowe might go to Leeds.
Thanks. The surname struck a cord but news to hear of a sibling. I’ll be watching Boro so will look for him too. Leeds seem a decent destination.

Oxford take the lead against Norwich

Played some good stuff, back in the Championship after quite a few years

Interestingly, there are four managers in the Championship who all have playing background at United. Two of them have even been in our academy. Unfortunately I can't see Rooney or Cleverley surviving until christmas.

Mark Robins (Coventry)
Tom Cleverley (Watford)
Michael Carrick (Middlesbrough)
Wayne Rooney (Plymouth)

I can't believe this is my first time finding out Cleverley is a mananager. Jesus God that's really hit home how old I am.

Norwich dont look any good, they pretty much have had the same set of players these past couple of years.

Leeds with last second leveller.

This game sums up the Championship perfectly.

Not sure Pompey will do an Ipswich but plenty to suggest they'll be comfortable mid table and maybe outsiders for play off.

Farke at Leeds reminds me of when Steve Bruce managed us and everyone expected him to win promotion and he failed. Don't think Farke will last the season there.

Not a great start for Rooney and Plymouth. Being comfortably outplayed and now losing 1-0.