Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 3 - 4/5 October

Rustyspider13

Sensational from Napoli. Anguissa, Lobotka and Zielinski ran the show. Now, to the RAWK thread!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Important game for us. It's our preseason for most of the walking wounded: Matip, Thiago, Jota, Nunez, Melo (you know what I mean).

Can't wait for the next game. To not see Gomez and Milner even in the squad is like Utd fans not seeing Maguire and McFred. Yes it's that blatant.

sugar_kane

Fowler looks like he’s morphing into the “I don’t believe it…” Crystanbul guy

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I hate playing Atlético, they play like amateurs, the ball never goes in against them for some reason, then get lucky by circunstances (today a serious and imporant injury for us and then a red card), and then win in extra time with a deflected shot.
Year after year.
Well you guys had the last laugh. ;)

GioF

Robbie Fowler is looking more like the ‘I don’t believe it’ guy from the infamous Crystal Palace game every time i see him.

Smores

Why swing your arm at the ball like that. Throw a leg at it, never getting away with that

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What a moron they had a 4 against 3 counter and he decides to dribble into a defender.

Josh 76

Micheal Owen chats so much shit! Still can’t believe he played for UTD. Hate this prick!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Griezmann wins it, glad i changed to this for the list 15 minutes :lol:

What a moron they had a 4 against 3 counter and he decides to dribble into a defender.
Always astounds me as just how bad decision making can be at an elite level still. It frustrates me in my Sunday league team when people go selfish at times like that, let alone the fecking champions league

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs rather lucky to win this game. If OM had 11 men I doubt Spurs steal the win.

But I guess it’s a good result for Sporting.

Thats just Conte ball isnt it? Cede possession, sit in those structured banks of 4 and 5, wait to counter attack. Snoozefest, but effective I guess, for all Marseilles possession did they even have one decent opportunity?

Cant argue with the results Conte ball brings but watching that week in week out would be a test of endurance.

Carolina Red

Staff
Dagger to the heart by Griezmann there.

Also, this brilliant bit of commentary just before that goal had me giggling...

"Bodies in the area, but Llorente can't get it in!"

Blackwidow

Griezmann wins it, glad i changed to this for the list 15 minutes :lol:

Always astounds me as just how bad decision making can be at an elite level still. It frustrates me in my Sunday league team when people go selfish at times like that, let alone the fecking champions league
Griezmann came on in the 61st minute again... :cool:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Playing such a high line when VVD has lost a yard or two of pace, is not a good idea. Especially with Gomez as partner.
Especially against rapid strikers. It’s like klopp isn’t very flexible in his tactics… coming up against rashford/osihmen and he still plays high line. If they come up against psg mbappe score about 5 past them.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Especially against rapid strikers. It’s like klopp isn’t very flexible in his tactics… coming up against rashford/osihmen and he still plays high line. If they come up against psg mbappe score about 5 past them.
He surely watched United Arsenal (all managers would have) … you think he’d go “hmmmm… with the midfield I’ve got, better not leave gaps”? Nope.

Play deeper, get into the game for 15 mins and then see. Nope, kamikaze from the start, not helped by Old Man Milner forgetting he’s an outfield player.

Really naive. Sure media will point it out….

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Just give a place in the round of 16 for Atlético already, it's like Final Destination, the cascade of luck in several areas they had during the game for them to end up winning is crazy

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That pass that Anguissa played to open up the 4th goal tonight is one I’ve called the ‘Serie A pass’ for years. That first time disguised ball over the top from deep in midfield. So difficult to defend as it comes from relatively non-threatening moments, with the passer just receiving a square ball in midfield side on. I first saw Pirlo play it years ago, then noticed it was one of his specialties. Then I saw Jorginho do it a few times, notably in this assist for Tammy Abraham here:

Anguissa pulled one off today, and for some reason, it’s a pass I only see with Italian based, or educated players. Pogba pulled it off one time for us but he might even count as Italian educated. He pulled off one like it for his assist to Martial here:

It’s a great weapon, whether over the top or down the side as it transforms the pace so suddenly and I imagine centre halves can’t be set and ready all the time in relatively unthreatening situations. One of my favourite types of passes. The ability to put a striker through with one touch from anywhere on the pitch almost without warning or shaping to do so is quite brilliant.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
May I present to you: Lionel Puyol :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding, but he played amazingly today

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
May I present to you: Lionel Puyol :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding, but he played amazingly today
He's so insanely talented, you could see that even at Dortmund. Just glides past opposition, hopefully he can be free of injuries to fully showcase his talents.