Television Cancel Joe Lycett

OldSchoolManc

Joe Lycett should be cancelled. Purely for the fact that he is the least funny person in the history of comedy.
He has built a career upon being a camp ‘comedian’ despite the fact that he is about as funny as somebody being sick in your mouth.
This has nothing to do with him ‘coming out’ as a straight man who has just had a child.

It may well be that this is one of his latest in a long line of ‘pranks’ to ‘shock’ the nation.
To me, he has used various communities to further his ‘career’ when he is in fact, simply not funny whatsoever.

What do you find funny about him?

Joe Lycett should be cancelled. Purely for the fact that he is the least funny person in the history of comedy.
He has built a career upon being a camp ‘comedian’ despite the fact that he is about as funny as somebody being sick in your mouth.
This has nothing to do with him ‘coming out’ as a straight man who has just had a child.

It may well be that this is one of his latest in a long line of ‘pranks’ to ‘shock’ the nation.
To me, he has used various communities to further his ‘career’ when he is in fact, simply not funny whatsoever.

Then why mention it. Bit weird.

He's not funny and a bit of a bellend, but come on now. He's hardly James Corden.

He's not straight?

As terminally unfunny C4 comedians go I dont think he even makes the top 10.

He's not funny and a bit of a bellend, but come on now. He's hardly James Corden.
This is true, but I feel it’s Joe’s attempt to appeal to even more people and maybe get a slot on American TV.
If you can please everyone all of the time then the world is your oyster

Lycett is a fairly inoffensive comic isn’t he? Not funny but certainly not shit enough to dislike.

At the risk of sounding horrible, I have to turn off whenever Rosie Jones is on. Not only is she really unfunny, the awkwardness in the room as she gets to the end of a really predictable punchline is too cringeworthy to bear.

Main point is that he isn’t funny in any shape or form and he just uses sensationalism as a way of publicity

Lycett is a fairly inoffensive comic isn’t he? Not funny but certainly not shit enough to dislike.

At the risk of sounding horrible, I have to turn off whenever Rosie Jones is on. Not only is she really unfunny, the awkwardness in the room as she gets to the end of a really predictable punchline is too cringeworthy to bear.
Been good on taskmaster though

This raises a good debate.
My wife can’t watch anything Rosie is on, but I quite like her.
It brings into question what is entertainment, sensationalism and what makes good television

Really wouldn't have expected this one to make it to page two but you've gotta fancy its chances from here.

He did? I'm pretty sure that he was always openly bisexual, not that I've really followed him that much (just based on his appearances on different talk/game shows that I watch). And bisexual people, well, can and often have long-term partners of the opposite sex.

Edit: I see that you've already had this conversation with @Rado_N... insightful.

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?
Don't care.

mahomes-truck-mahomes-hit.gif

He did? I'm pretty sure that he was always openly bisexual, not that I've really followed him that much (just based on his appearances on different talk/game shows that I watch). And bisexual people, well, can and often have long-term partners of the opposite sex.
To be honest, I’ve never heard him declare anything other than the headline sensationalism that is his shtick.
He’s no less offensive or funny than any other comedian that I dislike, which is always a subjective personal preference unless we’re living in a dystopian 1984 world.

I honestly thought it might be a good debate as Joe himself dislikes cancel culture, but it seems that some would like to tar with a wide brush.