Bring him back - resigning players who previously left

Every time an ex-United player has a good game, there are 100s of posts crying about we shouldn't have let them go, we should resign them, bring them home etc etc (see the Gomes thread).

I was wondering how many examples, from World football, where resigning a player that previously left worked out well.

Griezmann immediately springs to mind, but there can't be that many examples.

Look how Ronaldo back to United worked out :mad:
Mark Hughes

It obviously never happened but Schmeichel wanted to return after his year in Lisbon ( and according to him was going to happen until Barthez) do you think that would have worked?

Didn't chelsea sell Matic then re sign him?

There's not been a single player we've sold in the last decade or so that I've felt like we should bring back at any point
Yes, he was used in part exchange to Benfica in the first David Luiz purchase (who is another excellent example given the fee PSG paid initially).

Chicarito could have been useful at the time if we ignore van Gaal's stubornness. Even Jose could have utilized him well. Ole would have loved him as well.
Nani as well because we were in a dire need of wingers.
Yup. Chicharito was my favourite United player back in the day. LvG made a big mistake selling him.