Biggest All Time Draft Ever

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

Standard T&C:

S1 - Double snake draft - two snakes will start in the same time, one from top and one from bottom.
S2 - Initial drafting of 12 players. All players MUST play by the end of the R2.
S3 - 3 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time. Extra 4 hours if PM'd to other players. Please PM the player after you in the order.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - Draw will be decided by Coin Toss
S7 - In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions. It's not one at a time. It's just one for the match.
S8 - Only players with a full game online will be eligible.

Reinforcement Rounds -

Snake style. Two players for all rounds bar the final where you pick one player. Double snake in first RR.
Players picked in first round are blocked.

Drafters-
1. Sjor
2. Physio
3. Michaelf7777777
4. EAP
5. Prolifik
6. Enigma
7. zlatan
8. beam
9. skizzo
10. stobzilla
11. Synco
12. Mustard
13. gstq
14. 2mufc
15. hman
16. snow
17. pythagoras
18. viper
19. peanuts
20. sirscholes
21. fortitude
22. mazhar
23. isotope
24. crappy
25. onenil
26. eden10
27. nm
28. general
29. gio
30. ralaks

Last edited:
It's been years since I did one of these, but I don't mind getting back into it for old times' sake. Sure, count me in.

giphy.gif

just imagine you're on the 32nd. You're left with Lukaku and Poulsen.

Sure why not. I'll probably miss a few picks with the 4 hrs limit but I'm in

Didn't we have in the past, where we were divided into 4 groups? So to make the picking time faster also.

in scrappy draft but we had two different pools, now we gonna try in the same pool

I think if one side of the snake moves slower the faster side will have a bid advantage, maybe the next pick on both sides shouldn't progress until both picks are made.

I think if one side of the snake moves slower the faster side will have a bid advantage, maybe the next pick on both sides shouldn't progress until both picks are made.
but if we go with just one snake the advantage is even bigger....

will drop deadlines to 3+5 to quicken the farts that need a decade to pick.

but if we go with just one snake the advantage is even bigger....

will drop deadlines to 3+5 to quicken the farts that need a decade to pick.
The easiest way to resolve is to not move onto the next pick for both sides until both picks are made imo.

The easiest way to resolve is to not move onto the next pick for both sides until both picks are made imo.

but that will potentially slow down the draft even more....after 1000 of drafts we played, do people actually care if some group gets an advantage?

but that will potentially slow down the draft even more....after 1000 of drafts we played, do people actually care if some group gets an advantage?
It shouldn't slow it down if you make the time limits maybe 3+3 instead if 4?

Aye, there's always some element of luck to these things anyway. Also, I'm hungover/drunk again and struggling to form a coherent thought, but won't the advantage somewhat even out? If the bottom order is really fast and the top order is stupidly slow, the managers near the top of the order will get their 'second' pick sooner and the bottom order folks have to wait for that snake to come back to them?

was thinking this morning and decided to leave normal snakes on 3+4 deadlines(people go to sleep we cant cut it more)....its not one manager can pick 2 players and someone none so at absolute worst someone will end up in a case equivalent of him drawing a bad draft position initially. Lets not create problems out of nothing, if we played a regular snake nobody would say anything and some poor bastard would have to wait 30 picks for his player, same applies in regular drafts...nobody cries about the ones near the bottom when top guns pick up your messi's, anderson's ane pele's.

now lets get back to getting the numbers up, only need a few, will find some old players later but surely @Gio is in?:mad:

also, would personally love it if @Chesterlestreet was playing

Aye, there's always some element of luck to these things anyway. Also, I'm hungover/drunk again and struggling to form a coherent thought, but won't the advantage somewhat even out? If the bottom order is really fast and the top order is stupidly slow, the managers near the top of the order will get their 'second' pick sooner and the bottom order folks have to wait for that snake to come back to them?
That's not how I understand it, the faster side of the snake could be on pick eight while the slower side is lagging behind on the 4th. In this situation one side of the snake would be 4 picks ahead.

That's not how I understand it, the faster side of the snake could be on pick eight while the slower side is lagging behind on the 4th. In this situation one side of the snake would be 4 picks ahead.

impossible as both snakes are in one group so everyone will slways be in the same round with same amount of players....only thing that can happen is that you get a 7. pick but because you are in front of gio :drool: and another snail you pick likr you got 20. pick

I think if we just make the snakes go at the same pace, so waiting for two picks rather than one before the next drafter goes would solve this issue, although it would make everything slower.

I think if we just make the snakes go at the same pace, so waiting for two picks rather than one before the next drafter goes would solve this issue, although it would make everything slower.

funnly enough, in that system there would be one or two in the middle that got screwed every single round....

in a free moving snake its more random and different managers would get screwed at times which makes it more fair.

at 29 now, wont start until the current draft doesnt move to SF stage which should be in a week time....at worst we start with 30 and move best loser to the next round.

considering its a free all time pool, you guys want 12 player draft or 14/15? more tactical options and considering the theme they all gonna be good enough to play.

at 29 now, wont start until the current draft doesnt move to SF stage which should be in a week time....at worst we start with 30 and move best loser to the next round.

considering its a free all time pool, you guys want 12 player draft or 14/15? more tactical options and considering the theme they all gonna be good enough to play.
Should do minimum 12 and max 15 for those who want more players.

Last edited:
impossible as both snakes are in one group so everyone will slways be in the same round with same amount of players....only thing that can happen is that you get a 7. pick but because you are in front of gio :drool: and another snail you pick likr you got 20. pick
Are you saying the the faster side of the snake pauses at the end of the round so the slower side can catch up? If that's the case you might as well just wait for both sides to make the pick then move to the next one?

Should do minium 12 and max 15 for those who want more players.

Yep.

@Šjor Bepo

How about you have to wait for the half snake to finish before another half snake starts. E.g. Drafter 16 has to wait until drafter 17 has made one pick before drafter 16 can make his second and then after this drafter 15 can pick.

This way neither of the snakes can get that much ahead of the other. So we increase the randomness for the middle drafters without massively harming one snake that has a few slow drafters.

A single snake also should be fine IMO. After reducing to 4 hours, things have been faster anyways. We had an era where waiting 8 hours was the norm too and things were still okay.

Are you saying the the faster side of the snake pauses at the end of the round so the slower side can catch up? If that's the case you might as well just wait for both sides to make the pick then move to the next one?

if one snake waits for gio, other will also get stuck there