Best and Worst Crests

Say Goodbye

I was looking at the matchday thread against City and decided that I prefer their crest to ours. This saddened me. However there is a plethora of different crests to choose from and I wondered if we could agree on the best and worst.

Shockers from...

Fulham, Napoli, Wolves,

Better efforts from...

Udinese, Manchester City,

Fulham_crest.jpg

Manchester_United_Badge_1973-1998.png

A modern version of that would look a lot nicer than just a "Manchester United" in my opinion.

Edit: from manutd.com community

Scholes is the Man said:
Another poster thinks we should change our logo and nickname from the Red Devils to the Mighty Eagles, NOT ever going to happen, however I would like to see "Football Club" back on our badge. Anyone else like to see Football Club back on the United badge??

For feck sake :lol:

It's not so much England's flag as St George's cross, and St George is the patron saint of many regions accross Europe if I'm not mistaken. The cross also appears on Barcelona's crest.

The German's have some awful Badges.

Wolfsburg

logo_wolfsburg.gif

Hannover

Hannover-96-icon.png

Hamburg

HSV_Logo.png

Dinamo Minsk is quite good.

Dinamo-Minsk%402.-other-logo.png

Any of the Americans could qualify for worst.

Hamburg is probably the worst crest in European football. Hell, when I first saw it on FIFA I thought it was some team they didn't have the rights for and just made something up quickly.

City's badge is the badge equivalent of a Mock Tudor house with a melody doorbell. Looks like Hyacinth Bucket designed it, complete with 'continental stars' and silly motto (Superbia in Proelio; cardinal sins are always such an inspiration!).

Not that our badge is much to shout about, though; I prefer the old one which robocop posted.

I've always liked Portsmouth's badge.

Almost all of my mates who don't support United think ours is the dogs' bollocks.

There could be something in German clubs having the worst badges.

Werder Bremen
125px-SV-Werder-Bremen-Logo.svg.png

Karlsruher
150px-Ksc.png

Stuttgarter
150px-Stuttgarter_Kickers.png

They all look like logos for companies that make cleaning supplies.

We played this lot in a preseason friendly a while ago.

GuangzhouEvergrande_FC_2011.jpg

There are some right shockers in Chinese football.