Baresi, Maldini, Nesta and Cannavaro....

Baresi is also an inter reject, while both of Baresi brothers (Franco and Giuseppe) were went into Milano from Brescia, which is their hometown, they're had a trial period with inter milan, and only Giuseppe coulf manage into inter's youth team. When Milan were demoted into Serie B on the 1980's, most of italian clubs were offering a new contract for Baresi including Juventus, but he stay loyal with them and becoming their legend, his number #6 jersey were also retired.

Suedesi said:
How would you rate them as centrebacks?

Baresi, Cannavarro, Nesta, Maldini.

Baresi was te best CB I've ever seen. A true leader in the back, fantastic in the timing of tackles, with an excellent positional sense.

Canna and Nesta compliment each other very well, though I'd prefer a young Canna to a young Nesta.

Maldini was not really a centreback. He moveed there towards the end of his career. He was fantastic at the left though.

I totally agree.

devilish said:
Youre making him sound as if he was a one year wonder. Baresi's football career spans between 1977 and 1997. During that time he played 81 times with the Italian national team (winning the World cup in 1982 and captianing the italian side to the World Cup Final in 1994). He played 532 times with AC Milan, winning the league 6 times, the CL 3 times and ended up CL runners up twice. I wonder if there is a British player who can pride of such records.
How exactly did my calling Baresi "IMO The Best Centreback ever" make him sound like a one year wonder? :wenger:

Is it not true that Maldini's career is just that little bit longer than Baresi's?

Cal? said:
How exactly did my calling Baresi "IMO The Best Centreback ever" make him sound like a one year wonder? :wenger:

Is it not true that Maldini's career is just that little bit longer than Baresi's?

Both players had long careers.

devilish said:
Youre making him sound as if he was a one year wonder. Baresi's football career spans between 1977 and 1997. During that time he played 81 times with the Italian national team (winning the World cup in 1982 and captianing the italian side to the World Cup Final in 1994). He played 532 times with AC Milan, winning the league 6 times, the CL 3 times and ended up CL runners up twice. I wonder if there is a British player who can pride of such records.

Yes