Banks closing accounts!

Not sure what you're saying, but he definitely isn't entitled to have a bank account. If he's arguing that a bank account should be a right rather than a privilege then he's venturing into communism.

In Canada we have legislation that says banks have to provide a basic deposit account (access to basic banking services) but this is primarily related to what kind of ID you need to open one as AML rules can be a bit strict.

You can still be divested if you commit fraud of any kind or act like a dick in a bank branch. And when you act like a dick they'll put a message on your profile that other banks can see.

Not convinced any of this is true to be honest. At least that no reasons were given, or the reason that suddenly in summer of 2023 someone noticed Farage was a racist tit.

It happens all the time no one is being protected like in witness protection program.

Everyone knows banks are radical leftwing institutions hellbend on spreading the cancerous woke agenda by any means necessary. Courageous politicians like Nigel are shielding us from this evil thusfar, but gloat all you want. They're not after him, they're after us. He's just in the way.

Everyone knows banks are radical leftwing institutions hellbend on spreading the cancerous woke agenda by any means necessary. Courageous politicians like Nigel are shielding us from this evil thusfar, but gloat all you want. They're not after him, they're after us. He's just in the way.
I knew it that once in a while you can make a sensible post

He's probably popped up on the sanction list. The least surprising news ever really.

It's not only banking though, it's most mega-corporations that are ruining everything with their far left agendas.

Well, they can close an account if you don't use it. They can't just keep the money, though, as that would be considered either theft or a failure to repay their liability, unless there is some investigation going on into some dodgy dealings, which will likely involve the police.

They can't just steal your money though so what's the big issue? Just open a different bank account or put it elsewhere.

If the money is dirty and gets seized, well, you have bigger issues to worry about.

It's probably not true.

But if it is true, Banks shouldn't be allowed to reject customers based on their beliefs.

It's probably not true.

But if it is true, Banks shouldn't be allowed to reject customers based on their beliefs.

It's never because of beliefs. If you look at the American right that cry that they are debanked it's usually because of the sources of money and AML.

The most infamous of them, Fuentes, literally still has a bank, isn't banned from flying like he claims and got money back from the FBI years ago and claims he didn't.

It's a grift

It's actually a civic duty of every sane person to take anything people like Farage, BoJo, Trump and their ilk say as part of a grift. It's almost absolutely impossible it isn't.

It really can happen to anyone. I took a student account account out with HSBC in my uni days, blew through the £3k overdraft in 6 months, never made a deposit and then they abruptly shut the whole thing down a year or so later.

Vultures.

Shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Culture War grifting the fact that your culture war grift isn’t bringing in enough grift bucks for a special elite bank account is some top quality gritting tbf. Grifts within grifts. Griftception.

Right, so let's do a round-up of the evidence on this financial cancel culture so far.
  • Farage: account cancelled because he dropped below the financial threshold for the account.
  • That vicar: he hasn't disclosed what he wrote to the bank, so currently it's his word that he politely worded his bigotry letter versus the bank's (well, building society's) that they would only 'close a savings account if a customer is rude, abusive, violent or discriminates in any way'.
  • Triggernometry: case under review, might yet be reopened.
  • Three PayPal examples: all rescinded with an apology and accounts reopened.
  • Canadian protesters: last-ditch attempt to remove demonstrators that illegally blocked a city centre and international border crossings for several weeks.
Yep, those wokeist bankers are really coming for those right wingers!

Right, so let's do a round-up of the evidence on this financial cancel culture so far.
  • Farage: account cancelled because he dropped below the financial threshold for the account.
  • That vicar: he hasn't disclosed what he wrote to the bank, so currently it's his word that he politely worded his bigotry letter versus the bank's (well, building society's) that they would only 'close a savings account if a customer is rude, abusive, violent or discriminates in any way'.
  • Triggernometry: case under review, might yet be reopened.
  • Three PayPal examples: all rescinded with an apology and accounts reopened.
  • Canadian protesters: last-ditch attempt to remove demonstrators that illegally blocked a city centre and international border crossings for several weeks.
Yep, those wokeist bankers are really coming for those right wingers!

New Project 2 - Anti-money laundering and concerns about funds being from extremist organizations

Nick Fuentes - could be?

Was Kanye banned from a bank?

As Farage seeks to bring his personal banking situation into the public domain, it should only be right and proper for him to make public his bank accounts over the past 30 years and see where his funding came from. Follow the money.

Spasibo

Apparently Nigel farage feels everyone has a right to a bank account in the uk. (Despite not meeting said banks terms and conditions for an account)

I couldn’t help but scoff for someone who has so little respect for the human rights act.

How woke can you get? Closing an account because someone isn't rich enough to rub shoulders with the toffs.

Natwest shut my student account because I used up my overdraft and abandoned it. Then a year or two later I had to start paying £50 a month to Moorcroft. At the time I felt it may have been the consequences of my own actions but now I’m thinking it might have been PC gone mad

Natwest shut my student account because I used up my overdraft and abandoned it. Then a year or two later I had to start paying £50 a month to Moorcroft. At the time I felt it may have been the consequences of my own actions but now I’m thinking it might have been PC gone mad
Jesus